Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 6/20/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 69 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 9 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 70 total)
  • Author

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Ronaldo has already scored. He’s scored more in two games than in his entire World Cup career previous to this one I think

It’s gotta suck being the Brazilian Ronaldo. I was best in the world, once.

Kevin
    Participant

Jaws is on AMC Saturday night at eight.

We should give it the BSMW IAWL treatment.

Sierra Nevada Summerfest instead of Celebration Ale?

Yahtzee
    Participant

I don’t understand this, Mis.

middlebury03.5
    Participant

How do you skip Gansett retro cans?

NASCL
    Participant

That’s what makes this so difficult.

NASCL
    Participant

Yahtzee
    Participant

That’s what makes this so difficult.

Regular Brian would know, wouldn’t he?

Participant

Up yours powder.

Is it still fun to be a Patriots fan?

With all of the success has come a sense of inevitability that has drained the joy from so much of the process.

“And is it fun to look toward the start of training camp next month, when another season begins anew, and do so with little hope that a fresh start will fix any of this?”

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Jaws is on AMC Saturday night at eight. We should give it the BSMW IAWL treatment. Sierra Nevada Summerfest instead of Celebration Ale?

😒 I’ll be in the corner with a seltzer.

Kevin
    Participant

How do you skip Gansett retro cans?

You’re right. Stupid of me.

Crush it like Quint!

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Alex Speier with a nice fuck you to Tony Mazz.

Trading Rafael Devers makes little sense

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

chicowalker
    Participant

I’ll be drinking this. Come at me bro :lol:

Yahtzee
    Participant

Ronaldo with a Nicholson-esque acting job on that flop.

Kevin
    Participant

Up yours powder.

Is it still fun to be a Patriots fan?

With all of the success has come a sense of inevitability that has drained the joy from so much of the process.

“And is it fun to look toward the start of training camp next month, when another season begins anew, and do so with little hope that a fresh start will fix any of this?”

There’s a couple parts in there that make good points about the miserable sports radio type fan who can’t enjoy a close game in September without worrying about what it means for January.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

The radio told me Pats fans are down on this season but I have been making a ton of $$ on the new Ticketmaster NFL resale marketplace.

NASCL
    Participant

Without reading/hearing what either guy thought, I would think Devers cost control would make him non-tradeable with Sale/Bogaerts/Kimbrel/Betts in the relatively bear future.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

I believe Mazz says trade him because they are going to lose Betts and Xander to free agancy. They’ll lose Sale/Kimbrel and Price. So you only have 2 years to win. But they can’t win anyways because Astros/Yankees. So win now, but you can’t win now. The whole thing SUCKS and their farm system SUCKS.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

I’ll be drinking this. Come at me bro 😆

“Citrusy but with notes of beechwood, bracing on the tongue and a smooth drain down a sensitive trachea. Once, when the MMQB mini-van was tasked with taking us across the island of Manhattan (where I reside) to our monthly washing of Commissioner Goodell’s feet, I called an audible and pulled over to one of the historic goods purveyors on 58th Street and sent Bert Breer in to acquire a can of this refreshing but quite challenging example of the brewer’s art in order to fortify my spirit (notice the clever wordplay there?) before my regular Brush with Greatness. It was sublime. The Harpoon Lime-y Vice was good, too.”

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

I’ll be drinking this. Come at me bro 😆

As awful as that name is, it probably isn’t in the top 100 for bad craft beer names.

My agenda is truth.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

I believe Mazz says trade him because they are going to lose Betts and Xander to free agancy. They’ll lose Sale/Kimbrel and Price. So you only have 2 years to win. But they can’t win anyways because Astros/Yankees. So win now, but you can’t win now. The whole thing SUCKS and their farm system SUCKS.

Brilliant. Everything Mazz has to say about baseball 2018 can be read aloud in under 25 seconds.

But we get 4 hours of it*. Daily.

* except when he turns his rodent brain to the Patriots. Same shit, different names.

Coma
    Participant

20 posts before 11 AM?

Nothing’s stopping us. We’re going all the way. High ground 2 pages by nightfall!

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

How does “Limey Vice” compare to “Camp Wannamango”. I’ll hang up and listen.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Tony plays out that scenario as if the Red Sox are never going to have money coming off the books. They are above the tax now, but Hanley comes off next year and Sandoval the next. They are going to have money to pay their young free agents.

My agenda is truth.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Ronaldo was the name of a Brazilian soccer player who was considered best in the world (I think) around the time the US hosted the World Cup in 1994. The current exploits of Christiano Ronaldo has eclipsed his claim as the primary holder of the name.

GusChiggins
    Participant

Anybody know the clicks count for Albert’s MMQB column versus King’s?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar