Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 6/24 – 6/30/2019 Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 167 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Claude45 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 168 total)
  • Author

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

33 days from 10000 to 10100, think that’s a slightly improved rate

Huh?

Lebron
    Participant

33 days from 10000 to 10100, think that’s a slightly improved rate

Huh?

Bedard’s sub numbers.  Or maybe it’s Tedeschi-Trucks ticket sales.

Wojnawhatshisface saying the Rockets plan on going after Butler.  Paul-Harden-Butler we haven’t seen murder potential like this since the salad days of Carmelo-JR Smith!

1 user thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Anyone going to Sox-Yankees in London?

Few members of this board would go to Kenmore Square to see them.    :ohmy: :lol:

3 users thanked author for this post.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I, for one, think Boston.com’s new slogan “All The Mindy Kaling and Jenny Slate News That Fits We’ll Print” is a winner.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Hot tip for tomorrow: 70s “superstar” John Ford Coley wears Red Sox hat

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Who is considered the ‘home’ team for this London series?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Taking my daughter to see her first Major League Baseball game today: Rockies at SF Giants while on our vacation. Sorry Fenway.

7 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

Sox for some reason. Seems like if it’s a 2 game series they should do 1 and 1.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Taking my daughter to see her first Major League Baseball game today: Rockies at SF Giants while on our vacation. Sorry Fenway.

Looks like a nice park…walked past it when I was out there around NYE of 2017-18.

Weird area….super expensive Apts & condos (millions) in the same block I encountered a homeless guy with the least I’ve ever seen.  No pack, no cart, not even a piece of cardboard.  One shoe.  SF is a weird town.

BrianInLA
    Participant

But of course the Yankees are also allowed to wear their home jersey even though they are the away team.

Participant

It goes without saying that Linda would like to be Queen someday.

Lebron
    Participant

I took a road trip out to SF for the Sox series back in ’04.  Great stadium.  Loved that the Museum of Modern Art was on my way as I walked to the park.  They had some great garlic fries and I’m not a big fries guy.  Have fun.

Lebron
    Participant

Looks like a nice park…walked past it when I was out there around NYE of 2017-18.

Weird area….super expensive Apts & condos (millions) in the same block I encountered a homeless guy with the least I’ve ever seen. No pack, no cart, not even a piece of cardboard. One shoe. SF is a weird town.

It’s totally fucked.  Now Oakland is priced out, I have no idea how anyone lives there.  I interviewed with a company a couple of years ago that was HQ’d in San Jose, and they were opening a Denver office.  I asked why they were and the response was all of the talented people in the Bay area demand huge salaries just to be able to afford to pay rent and companies out that way are opening other offices or allowing more remote employees for the affordability.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Weird area….super expensive Apts & condos (millions) in the same block I encountered a homeless guy with the least I’ve ever seen. No pack, no cart, not even a piece of cardboard. One shoe. SF is a weird town.

It’s totally fucked. Now Oakland is priced out, I have no idea how anyone lives there. I interviewed with a company a couple of years ago that was HQ’d in San Jose, and they were opening a Denver office. I asked why they were and the response was all of the talented people in the Bay area demand huge salaries just to be able to afford to pay rent and companies out that way are opening other offices or allowing more remote employees for the affordability.

My wife is being recruited for a job out here at Stanford. An offer you can’t refuse career progression.  It’s likely that we’ll move out here, make twice as much collectively and feel significantly poorer.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Welcome my son….to the machine.

BrianInLA
    Participant

It’s totally fucked. Now Oakland is priced out, I have no idea how anyone lives there. I interviewed with a company a couple of years ago that was HQ’d in San Jose, and they were opening a Denver office. I asked why they were and the response was all of the talented people in the Bay area demand huge salaries just to be able to afford to pay rent and companies out that way are opening other offices or allowing more remote employees for the affordability.

My wife is being recruited for a job out here at Stanford. An offer you can’t refuse career progression. It’s likely that we’ll move out here, make twice as much collectively and feel significantly poorer.

Welcome to the coast and far earlier Monday Night Football.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

My wife is being recruited for a job out here at Stanford. An offer you can’t refuse career progression. It’s likely that we’ll move out here, make twice as much collectively and feel significantly poorer.

Congratulations! But please don’t disappear like Joe Rudi. Losing one more regular poster might just finish this place off.  :sad onion:

Brian
    Participant

The Sox are the “home”  team.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Thanks! Does your sex toy factory need an intern?

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

And you want to be my latex salesman :dry:

BrianInLA
    Participant

Thanks! Does your sex toy factory need an intern?

I’m in plumbing supplies now. Basically the same thing. They’re all just widgets.

My step daughter says that working as a summer student in the warehouse of the sex toy place was by far her favorite job thus far in her life because of the cast of characters that she got to meet.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

You hear the war stories of Kailee in supply chain for 3 months, you want to get your ass back to school ASAP.

BrianInLA
    Participant

You hear the war stories of Kailee in supply chain for 3 months, you want to get your ass back to school ASAP.

Amazingly after just 2 summers working there she decided that she wants no part of the corporate world and makes far more money bartending out here (tips PLUS min wage) than she would coming out of school with an entry degree. Its nearly impossible for anyone starting out to make a dent here unless you start at 6 figures.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

My ex has at time lamented that the Frost Class Kid may not go to college with his combo platter of ASD and AHDH, and I can’t find myself getting that upset by it.

I know guys in like 4 or 5 separate unions, I don’t worry about him too much.  In regards to work.

Yahtzee
    Participant

You can make a fortune as a plumber or any sort of home improvement professional these days.  Particularly if you are responsive and organized.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 168 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar