Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 6/24 – 6/30/2019 Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 167 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Claude45 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 168 total)
  • Author

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

My ex has at time lamented that the Frost Class Kid may not go to college with his combo platter of ASD and AHDH, and I can’t find myself getting that upset by it.

I know guys in like 4 or 5 separate unions, I don’t worry about him too much. In regards to work.

I’m on the anti-college bandwagon ever since I turned into my dad at age 50. Come out of school with $200k in debt and a $50k starting salary? Sure, where do I sign up. :dry: And dont get me started on paying $40k+ for a wedding when that money could be better spent as a down payment on an overpriced, undersized west coast house. Now get off my lawn.

I have the internal struggle all the time about buying a house..or more likely condo of my own.  It feels like one of those things I should do, but since when do I give a shit about that?

Truth be told, I largely like renting in Hull and I am quickly getting priced out of the home market there.  So until the inevitable collapse, I’ll probably continue to rent.  I’ve got most of the stuff in an apartment I would want in a house (view, parking, quiet, laundry/dishwasher, a little place to garden).

In terms of aging, I am staring down the barrel of 50 next year…and somehow every year I get simultaneously more liberal and crankier. I’m entering Larry David/Bernie Sanders territory.

Lebron
    Participant

Kemba’s good and he’s not Kyrie, but I guess I’m fine without sinking money into another PG and running Rozier/Purdue guy with horrible number out there.  And around the deadline in to next year I’m shopping the Gordon Hayward Expiring.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Kemba’s good and he’s not Kyrie, but I guess I’m fine without sinking money into another PG and running Rozier/Purdue guy with horrible number out there. And around the deadline in to next year I’m shopping the Gordon Hayward Expiring.

I honestly like Terry Kyrie.  Terry with Kyrie….no good.  When Irving was injured the season before, Rozier just played his game. Also, it could screw the Knicks plans up…so why not.

I think these numbers are just for Summer League.  Pretty sure I saw that somewhere.

Lebron
    Participant

I hit 50 in a few months.  What I’ve found is my life is much smaller, namely I’m down to a couple of old solid reliable friends and that’s it.  I don’t wish to add much in terms of ‘new’ with regard to people.  I’ll talk to guys in the office and get on with them fine, but I’m not hitting happy hours or weekend barbecues.  I’ve learned that whoever is President doesn’t have much if any of a direct effect on my life, so I don’t care.  I’ve expanded my gardening interests, like I can see myself being that old guy who spends hours in his garden pruning roses and growing 8 kinds of peppers.  Heck I bought an indoor light so I can keep my gardenias alive in the winter.  I’d rather spend vacation time going to Glacier or Yellowstone than sitting on a beach.  In fact leaving for Glacier tomorrow, told the wife we’re stopping at Little Bighorn come hell or high water.  I basically consume vegetables, protein and water.  I do yoga.  I spent my 40th birthday walking around the house with a bottle of champagne, just hitting off of it all day.  I’ll probably spend my 50th doing my local ride and maybe some Neopolitan pizza if I’m feeling crazy.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

I don’t not like Kemba, but I’m just not interested in a max contract there.  If they sign him, I won’t hate it, but I also won’t love it.

1 user thanked author for this post.

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

I don’t not like Kemba, but I’m just not interested in a max contract there. If they sign him, I won’t hate it, but I also won’t love it.

Like virtually every Boston transaction I will quickly talk myself into loving it, then consume every story about how great a fit he is in the locker room and basketball-wise.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Now Woj says C’s are the frontrunners for Walker.  Who knows?

chicowalker
    Participant

When I turn 50 I’ll have a 5 and a 9 year old :ohmy: :lol:   just as long as I can keep playing basketball, when that goes the rest will crumble quickly

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

My kid will be 10.

I dunno, I’m kind of the opposite Lebron.  My life has gotten larger over the last 3 ish years.  But…with good reason, I had to blow up everything and start from scratch.  Long story longer, I am more social now than I was a decade ago.  But 98% of that is sober related.

Lefty

When I turn 50 I’ll have a 5 and a 9 year old :ohmy::lol:just as long as I can keep playing basketball, when that goes the rest will crumble quickly

That’s pretty much my life now at 55 with a pair of 9 year old twins among the four.     Get ready for the parents of their school friends to be 20-25 years younger than you and to be told your grand kids are cute, etc. and laugh it off.  :lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

Went to the urologist yesterday for the vasectomy consult.  “You’re sure you don’t want any more kids..” :lol:   I think he had a standard script, dumbed down for the worst of his potential patients (think the 25 year old guy w/4 kids from three different mothers) “You know what a vasectomy entails?” “You are NOT sterile until I say so!” I just laughed to myself and grabbed the first available appointment

chicowalker
    Participant

When I turn 50 I’ll have a 5 and a 9 year old :ohmy::lol:just as long as I can keep playing basketball, when that goes the rest will crumble quickly

That’s pretty much my life now at 55 with a pair of 9 year old twins among the four. Get ready for the parents of their school friends to be 20-25 years younger than you and to be told your grand kids are cute, etc. and laugh it off. :lol:

:lol:   I’m ready, I’ve fully embraced my near-old man status and am impossible to offend in that arena (helps when you go bald at 27)

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Old man look at my life…I’m a lot like you were……

I’m 28 :ozzy:

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Just turned 50 a few months ago. I have an 8 and a 12 year old. I never had ‘rock star’ hair to begin with and what little I have now is fairly grey. Overall I think I look my age but I guess its all relative. I took the kids to get hair cuts a few weeks back and the 18 year old at the Great Cuts check desk told me my grand children were very cute. Both kids laughed their asses off and couldn’t wait to get home and tell Mom. :dry:

Lebron
    Participant

11 and 9 year old boys here.  Like Chico I just want to stay active enough with them so they don’t ask me if I need to take a break.  It’s actually great motivation to cut out a bunch of stuff I didn’t need to be doing anymore.  FCM I get what you’re saying about sobriety and a support system, I would think it expands your world.

Chico funny thing when I went to get mine there were arguments in the waiting room with wives all of a sudden saying wait I want more kids, this is so final!  So I’m sure the doc is making sure.  Heck when I made my appointment my wife said, really, you already set it up?  She’s the one who said I want 2 when I was the one who wanted 3.  I said you’re the one having them so 2 it is.  Then she says wait hold on I want to think about it. WTF we’re talking about my balls here.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

My wife and I took a ‘one stop shopping’ approach to the birth of our second kid. Right after the C-section the Dr performed a tubal ligation. More people should be made aware of this if you ask me.

Lebron
    Participant

There were also guys in the waiting room crying.  One guy freaked out when he found out they don’t knock you out.

Lebron
    Participant

Yeah if they’re in there for the C section then cross him off add it to the list.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

There were also guys in the waiting room crying. One guy freaked out when he found out they don’t knock you out.

Sounds like he never had an balls to begin with

chicowalker
    Participant

My wife tried to go natural w/little man, but after 24 hours of labor had to go c-section. The surgeon told her scarring from previous c-section could make any future pregnancies difficult.  Exhausted after all she had been through, she laughed in his face “I’m good”

Lebron
    Participant

I had a buddy that bailed on getting one when he found out from my experience that they don’t knock you out.  Talked a big game about getting one, I got mine told him it was like 10 minutes and he thought it was like a half day plus experience.  They don’t knock you out?  Oh, well forget that.  Told him I’ve taken worse shots to the sack and he still pussed out.  He’s from Maine and hates the Patriots, so no surprise there…

chicowalker
    Participant

My doc does surgeries on tuesday or thursday.  They kept pushing thursday so I can rest on the weekend.  My response was basically “I’m a low-level low paid government stooge, the one thing I do have is ample sick time that is not questioned.  Tuesday, motherfucker, I want to be at the beach by saturday!”

4 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

There were also guys in the waiting room crying. One guy freaked out when he found out they don’t knock you out.

Sounds like he never had an balls to begin with

A sign that I’ve been here too long: When reading Lebron’s post, that line/image was the first thing that came to mind.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

That one guy he paid an extra hundred not to use a general anesthetic

Pretty sure I told the story here before, but just before I was to have mine, the RN walked into the room and asked the doc, “Are you sterile?” I responded, “Not yet.”

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 168 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar