Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 6/24 – 6/30/2019 Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 167 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Claude45 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 168 total)
  • Author

jforb
    Participant

Am I the youngest guy on the board? :ohmy: :lol:

Just turned 37 and odds are if I’m having kids it’s on your timeline at the earliest.

Larry Legend
    Participant

Am I the youngest guy on the board? :ohmy::lol:

Turning 41 on Monday. I think Gus gets the prize of attending the most virtual funerals.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Hacksaw
    Participant

when we die do our beneficiaries taking over our accounts?

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

Since we’re doing a hyperpersonal census apparently

V done about 10 yrs ago – no real pain but the tugging sensation was rather unpleasant

workout 6 or 7 days a week but that means 1 hour elliptical/treadmill and the odd basketball game (I’m terrible it’s just to drive up the fitbit numbers)

I alternate between hyper-focused keto diet and eat every carb in sight depending on how depressed I am about my appearance and how close to summer we are.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I hear if you even get accidentally bumped into by TommyFW, that can reverse a vasectomy. Be warned.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

6 users thanked author for this post.

Mark
    Participant

Is Ozzy dead yet?

Major Intangibles
    Participant

That would need to be handled by Feejis.

Feejis is a lawyer. ;-)

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Feejis
    Participant

That would need to be handled by Feejis.

Feejis is a lawyer. ;-)

I’m drinking alone on my deck and strategizing on how we can bring sanctions against another lawyer for the shit they did this week.

This is the good stuff, counselor….

Lebron
    Participant

Just pulled in to Billings.  Drive was way more scenic than I thought, going NW to Yellowstone was brutal a few years ago, and the Little Bighorn Battlefield on the way.  I’m definitely 50

I hear if you even get accidentally bumped into by TommyFW, that can reverse a vasectomy. Be warned.

If you accidentally bump into TommyFW, you get knocked up. Gender be damned.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

15 minutes in that Edelman documentary it’s a bad Wahlberg skit, Rappaport, Portnoy, and Guy Fieri. I might try again but I couldn’t do it.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Arod interviewing “baseball fans” in London was actually sort of funny. Especially the kid who asked sarcastically “What happened in 2004?” Its been said often on here but its hard to hate post-player Arod as he purposely takes so much abuse from Sox fans and laughs about it.

BrianInLA
    Participant

385 to center? Little League stadium.

jforb
    Participant

385 to center? Little League stadium.

Helped right there.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Over/under was 11.5.

First time in the history of the rivalry that both starters pulled in the first inning. That seems hard to believe.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Insane. Brits are getting their money’s worth on offense.

Gimp
    Participant

Especially the Sox fans. This team is so damned offensive. :wall:

Yahtzee
    Participant

Live from the game and resorting to internet for entertainment.

Sitting near Joe Abboud who does NOT look happy.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Lefty

15 minutes in that Edelman documentary it’s a bad Wahlberg skit, Rappaport, Portnoy, and Guy Fieri. I might try again but I couldn’t do it.

EXACTLY.   I got to that exact point, decided the douchebag quota was far exceeded and shut it off.

as an aside, I am sick of the world thinking there has to be a fucking Wahlburg in anything Boston related.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Sox have gotten it down to a one-possession game in the ninth.  Go for the onside kick?

3 users thanked author for this post.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Saw those two pointy-headed clowns Mut and Curtis in person at Suffolk Downs today. I guess one of the races was the “Mutnansky Family Invitational”. Whatever that is. Anyway, soon after, the skies opened up in a lightning storm that canceled the last three races. More proof that even God hates those dopes.

Lebron
    Participant

Finally got to the cabin we rented by Flathead Lake.  Never knew how big this lake is.  With the mountains in the background it’s stunning.  Boys are fishing off the dock and I’m just sitting throwing out a few ‘nice cast’ and ‘dont let it sink too far down or you’ll snag the line.’  Bought some local lager and threw them on ice, first beers in like a year for me. Sausages ready to grill.  So much quieter than the Minnesota lakes we go to and no mosquitoes.  Boys already asking if we can move to Montana.

Feejis
    Participant

Could never get into fishing but that kind of fishing sounds relaxing as shit.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Finally got to the cabin we rented by Flathead Lake. Never knew how big this lake is. With the mountains in the background it’s stunning. Boys are fishing off the dock and I’m just sitting throwing out a few ‘nice cast’ and ‘dont let it sink too far down or you’ll snag the line.’ Bought some local lager and threw them on ice, first beers in like a year for me. Sausages ready to grill. So much quieter than the Minnesota lakes we go to and no mosquitoes. Boys already asking if we can move to Montana.

Use a bobber and worm and good to go.

GusChiggins
    Participant

Finally got to the cabin we rented by Flathead Lake. Never knew how big this lake is. With the mountains in the background it’s stunning. Boys are fishing off the dock and I’m just sitting throwing out a few ‘nice cast’ and ‘dont let it sink too far down or you’ll snag the line.’ Bought some local lager and threw them on ice, first beers in like a year for me. Sausages ready to grill. So much quieter than the Minnesota lakes we go to and no mosquitoes. Boys already asking if we can move to Montana.

Lebron is Drew Bledsoe :ohmy:

Thought the same thing of the Sawtooth mountains in Idaho. Gorgeous area.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 168 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar