Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 6/24 – 6/30/2019 Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 167 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by  Claude45 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 151 through 168 (of 168 total)
  • Author

BrianInLA
    Participant

Not that its a real stat but 17 blown saves before the all star break on a team with a gazillion dollar payroll is damn impressive.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Finally got to the cabin we rented by Flathead Lake. Never knew how big this lake is. With the mountains in the background it’s stunning. Boys are fishing off the dock and I’m just sitting throwing out a few ‘nice cast’ and ‘dont let it sink too far down or you’ll snag the line.’ Bought some local lager and threw them on ice, first beers in like a year for me. Sausages ready to grill. So much quieter than the Minnesota lakes we go to and no mosquitoes. Boys already asking if we can move to Montana.

We’ll live off the land boys. Hunt, fish and cure meats. Your mom will wear Gingham dresses she makes herself and cut all our hair. When that government tax man comes we’ll be ready with guns. Lots of guns.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Well, if you take away the Yankees’ nine-run seventh inning, the Sox would have already won this game, 8-3.

Seriously, when I think of how the Red Sox have tried to sell the fans on this 2019 pitching staff, one word stands out: ARROGANCE.  This is what’s happened to their bullpen in general and Matt Barnes in particular in the past couple of weeks:

4 users thanked author for this post.

Humphrey
    Participant

Nine walks today.

Lefty

I don’t think the answer was as easy as signing Kimbrel as I do think he is getting shaky.

But, going into the season with no clue who will close and having no real experienced option on the staff was clearly not the right approach.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Getting up on my anniversary and turning on the Sox-Yankees ERA-killer series was not the best move I could have made. Ms. Lynn wasn’t expecting a morning of me yelling at the TV and cursing Dave Dombrowski.

I was not among those screaming about the bullpen in April. But now it’s July and the load of BS that the Sox “front office” fed mouthpiece Olney today is total BS. “Wait to see if things straighted out” was over a month ago or more.

On the sunnier side, met a friend on Friday night at an establishment in Newton. Seated at the bar, a certain grey curly haired Braveheart, got up and left a few minutes after I sat down.  To my great sigh of relief, it was obvious the TBP somehow did not think Shank’s take on The London Series was so essential that they would send him there. What will they do for clickbait now? Everyone KNOWS that his take is essential to understanding sports in this town.

On to a grumpy afternoon …

2 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Why did he leave? Did they run out of Chardonnay and Grey Poupon?

:lol:

1 user thanked author for this post.

Humphrey
    Participant

This blow it up talk seems silly when you’re trying to fill the need they have. Relief pitchers are caveat emptor on steroids for the most part. Their most highly touted acquisitions over the years have for the most part been disasters.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

4 years ago everyone was throwing stupid money at big men (mozgov comes to mind) this year it’s wings.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

So how is Kyrie going to fare in Brooklyn for a year just leading the kids to a fifth seed while waiting for Durant to heal up?

Humphrey
    Participant

If you’re good at navigating through Twitter, Francesa is getting skewered for his proclamation that Durant would never choose Brooklyn over the Knicks.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Humphrey.

jforb
    Participant

Horford to Philly like Allen to Miami?

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Horford to Philly like Allen to Miami?

He will do well there. They’re spending money like they’re on shore leave.

The difference is Ray was always a moody twat, and the least likable guy on the roster. Al is a solid citizen and all around nice dude. Who’s earned about 1/4 of a billion dollars in salary alone

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Al becomes Philly’s best 3 point shooter with Redick gone.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Can’t blame Danny for not giving Al 4 years given his knee and needing to take games off to rest. The money can be spent elsewhere.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Can’t blame Danny for not giving Al 4 years given his knee and needing to take games off to rest. The money can be spent elsewhere.

Agreed. Paying a big guy 24 million a year when he’s 36 and 37 doesn’t seem like a sustainable business model.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Edelman has a net worth north of $25 million and purposely lives in West Hollywood? To me that’s more confusing that the Sox bullpen. Beach not affordable on that?

Claude45
    Participant

Great to break the 4th wall briefly with Claude at kids’ camp yesterday.

Another summer of freedom!

It’s good to be able to identify a fellow minor message board member at 20 paces. With you working nearby, we need to grab a couple of drinks after work.

Viewing 18 posts - 151 through 168 (of 168 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar