Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 6/25/2018 Daily Discussion Thread – Wherefore are thou, Screechy?

This topic contains 27 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 12 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Yahtzee
    Participant

D&C teased McPhee for 7:15 this morning, and she must have been a no show.

Or did she come on late?

Kevin
    Participant

McScreechy vs. The Baseball Paper.

The enemy of my enemy has never been a bigger asshole.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

I heard the beginning. She said something like the Globe backed up what she had reported. Doesn’t seem that way to me, but I didn’t stick around until coming back for the end when she made some weird comment about Hilary that she wouldn’t explain.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I heard the beginning. She said something like the Globe backed up what she had reported. Doesn’t seem that way to me, but I didn’t stick around until coming back for the end when she made some weird comment about Hilary that she wouldn’t explain.

“The latest info which contradicts me, actually totally backs up what I said” is the first line of defense they use when they fuck up.

Participant

“I was right at the time.”

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I’m hearing disturbing reports that Shawn Crable is the mastermind behind a plot to transport Michigan-purchased cans & bottles into New York State for the deposit money.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Kevin
    Participant

I’m hearing disturbing reports that Shawn Crable is the mastermind behind a plot to transport Michigan-purchased cans & bottles into New York State for the deposit money.

Coach Matt said I could stay at his house while I’m out there so I’ll save on overhead…

jforb
    Participant

Coach Matt said I could stay at his house while I’m out there so I’ll save on overhead…

Free housing seems less likely to affect G&A than free truck, maybe 20%?

Lebron
    Participant

SI Obtains Lakers Script for Apparent Paul George Pitch

The NBA offseason is beyond terrible.  No wonder California Bill fancies himself an expert in this garbage.

Suzy
    Participant

She’s a complete disgrace. Any other job you fuck up that badly and you’re gone, proving again that this is NOT a “profession.”

InThisTown
    Participant

SI Obtains Lakers Script for Apparent Paul George Pitch

I call it The Best League because most of the players and coaches agree with my progressive politics.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

They’re like equals.

My agenda is truth.

Lefty

She’s a complete disgrace. Any other job you fuck up that badly and you’re gone, proving again that this is NOT a “profession.”

I’ve honestly lost track – is she actually employed by anyone?

Brian
    Participant

Channel 5. And I have seen her on 20 20.

Suzy
    Participant

STOP SPLITTING HAIRS, LEFTY!

:lol:

Brian’s on it!

Coma
    Participant

Meteorologists probably get more leeway for being wrong. On the other hand, they’re trying to predict the weather every single day and they might have had to actually study in school.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

She’s on 40/40. Where a woman in her 40s has to finish 40oz of Schitz less than 4 minutes to plug her latest self funded screed.

I believe it’s a Barstool thing.

Lebron
    Participant

Bert with these bon mots:

I thought it was hilarious to see a powerhouse like Germany fall behind 1-0 to Sweden, and look on Twitter, with like 60 minutes left, and see a bunch of tweets starting with “If this holds.” Two-thirds of the match left, defending champion down by 1, and it’s a potentially insurmountable deficit. You wouldn’t say that in a 7-0 football game in the second quarter ever, even if the ’85 Bears were the ones leading. (Note: Don’t get sensitive, that’s not an insult, it’s an observation.)

Says some behavior is hilarious then concludes hey don’t get sensitive.  Sweden is a decent enough squad, and if Germany lost that match they were going to be eliminated from the knockout round.   So there was a level of importance to the match in general.  And no one was saying ‘it’s over, Germany is out!’ at that point – ‘if this holds’  is hedging on predicting a result and therefore not saying anything remotely close to an insurmountable deficit.  And he fucks up the analogy, people wouldn’t be saying ‘if this holds’ if the Bears were winning, they’d be saying it if they were losing as it wouldn’t be the expected outcome.

I’m glad tipping players being selected to play in professional sports leagues ahead of a broadcast was seen as a crime against humanity.

Doesn’t understand it’s the league and broadcast partners that pay for broadcast rights who don’t like it, and each of the media outlets handles it differently.  But sure, outrage/crimes against humanity.

But I will say that I believe, and others do too, that Winston’s willingness to take the penalty without fighting would be a factor in the league’s discipline. And I think it’s a factor for Winston too, in that it would allow him to move past the incident fairly quickly.

‘Shut up and take it’ always works well.  Just like Bert when he got rung up for public urination, just took the punishment.  Didn’t try to invoke some case involving a disabled Vietnam vet or anything to get off, just said yessir judge.

Participant

Let me guess, Joe’s a great guy and will be missed?

Participant

That’s something…..

1. First in my family to finish high school & college (In the 19, not 1890’s by the way) 

2. Moved to NYC alone. Got a job with the NY Yankees network. Won Emmy in 2008 (1st person to ever move to NYC “alone”) (Butch Stearns has regional Emmy’s fer crissakes).

3. Moved to Baltimore and learned football covering the Ravens! (For a newspaper?  No wonder they are going under, why hire someone who needs to LEARN the game?)

4. Moved home 2012. Was first female to have sports radio show in Boston (Janet Prensky says hell as well as that sports babe lady)

5. Wrote a cookbook for charity.

6. Left EEI for Herald and was on the front page three times (These are boom times for the Herald)

7. Took care of my father before he died of cancer (Another first for any child)

8. Went on THE TASTE with Anthony Bourdain on ABC and beat 19 chefs as a sports reporter (She won?)

9. Wrote another cookbook

10. Quit sports and put myself through culinary school

11. Started working for Mario Batali in Boston.

12. Started my own business and did $200k my first year (I hope someone from the IRS or DOR audits her next year).

13. Gave away half dozen dinners for charity on my own dime. (6 of them, after clearing $200k)

14. Doubled my business profit in 2 years (You are white hot Braun!)

15. Adopted another bulldog and took over all of her medical expenses.

16. Saved $100,000 to open my own restaurant OPENING THIS FALL IN THE NORTH END. (She’ll get along great with the Yelp! crowd)

RedSeat
    Participant

She puts the cooz in cuisine.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Let me guess, Joe’s a great guy and will be missed?

“He’s not really an asshole. That’s just his in-print/email/public-facing persona.”

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

11. Started working for Mario Batali in Boston on April 4th.
    11a. Stopped working for Mario Batali in Boston on April 16th.

So much bullshit.

My agenda is truth.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Well, based on what we now know about Batali kitchens, we might have to cross that off the list.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar