Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 6/29/18 Daily Thread

This topic contains 27 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Big Fat O 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • Author

NASCL
    Participant

Stephen MacDonald forgot to shave his playoff beard.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Blink twice if you need help, lady.

Lebron
    Participant

This Wojnarowski guy is such a fucking fraud.  He reports the same “I’m hearing things” bullshit for 2 and 3 days straight.  Slap a suit on him and make him look like a nerd and parade him around your various shows as an ‘insider.’

Participant

“Red Sox-Yankees rivalry is hot again. Tomorrow night’s game will be televised nationally by Fox, and Sunday night’s game is getting the ESPN treatment.”

Hair Dye Harry has a case of the vapors.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I’m pretty sure that National Broadcasts for Sox-Yankee’s has been for norm for at least 15 years now.

Lebron
    Participant

“Red Sox-Yankees rivalry is hot again. Tomorrow night’s game will be televised nationally by Fox, and Sunday night’s game is getting the ESPN treatment.” Hair Dye Harry has a case of the vapors.

And I’d guess the game tonight would get an MLB Network broadcast with Dog Aids Costas and Kitty Kat Jim Kaat  :puke:

GusChiggins
    Participant

A Lebomb!

He wore out his welcome at this address a long time ago but it seems like his ‘big stories’ have dried up since moving to ESPN. I wonder if ESPN kills a lot of the hit pieces he used to do to protect their television partner?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

“Red Sox-Yankees rivalry is hot again. Tomorrow night’s game will be televised nationally by Fox, and Sunday night’s game is getting the ESPN treatment.” Hair Dye Harry has a case of the vapors.

And I’d guess the game tonight would get an MLB Network broadcast with Dog Aids Costas and Kitty Kat Jim Kaat :puke:

That would be Mantle-worshipper Bob Costas and former Yankee pitcher and coach Jim Kaat, right?

How the hell does Costas get to pass himself off as #1 fan of both the Yankees and the St. Louis Cardinals? He must have had a schizophrenic episode when he was a little boy and the Cardinals faced the Yankees in the 1964 World Series …

And it bears remembering that, without Kaat’s arm injury in the penultimate game of the 1967 season, guys like Buckley, Ryan and CHB would have a much harder time reminding all non-Boomers about how “1967 changed everything.”  If the Twins won that Saturday game, the Sox were eliminated. And Kaat had gone 2.1 scoreless innings when he reported his injury (Minnesota up, 1-0). (Thanks, Retrosheet.)

Kingasaurus
    Participant

And I’d guess the game tonight would get an MLB Network broadcast with Dog Aids Costas and Kitty Kat Jim Kaat :puke:

That would be Mantle-worshipper Bob Costas and former Yankee pitcher and coach Jim Kaat, right? How the hell does Costas get to pass himself off as #1 fan of both the Yankees and the St. Louis Cardinals?

He loves the GAME. Which means the two most successful franchises get his lyrical stamp of approval. Which is what’s really important to all the baseball fagola toe-suckers who worship people like George Will.

jforb
    Participant

Speaking of Kaat, there’s an amazing picture of him and the menace on twitter.

I get where he’s going in calling out the NFL’s discipline inconsistency. But “Brady asks ball boys to underinflate footballs” only serves to cement a false narrative.

Participant

Participant

“everyone from Harlem to Hyannis Port expects there to be an epic addition to the rivalry this autumn.”

Brian
    Participant

That would be Mantle-worshipper Bob Costas and former Yankee pitcher and coach Jim Kaat, right? How the hell does Costas get to pass himself off as #1 fan of both the Yankees and the St. Louis Cardinals?

He loves the GAME. Which means the two most successful franchises get his lyrical stamp of approval. Which is what’s really important to all the baseball fagola toe-suckers who worship people like George Will.

George Will can go frack himself with a led pipe. He’s been dead to me.

Hacksaw
    Participant

“Red Sox-Yankees rivalry is hot again. Tomorrow night’s game will be televised nationally by Fox, and Sunday night’s game is getting the ESPN treatment.”

Hair Dye Harry has a case of the vapors.

So a million commercial breaks by the network with a game in between them. Then the league will look into why these games are so long.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Speaking of Kaat, there’s an amazing picture of him and the menace on twitter.

Saw that. She calls him her “grandpa.” :puke:

Yahtzee
    Participant

This post creates a dilemma on thumbs up/thumbs down. I don’t like the idea of this MLB broadcast (particularly since Kaat seems fond of the Menace) but I want to show support for any reference to Dog Aids Costas.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

George Will can go frack himself with a led pipe. He’s been dead to me.

LED_Pipe

Attachments:

Suzy
    Participant

Hair Dye Harry

:lol:

Oooooh the rivalry the rivalry!

Lebron
    Participant

A Lebomb! He wore out his welcome at this address a long time ago but it seems like his ‘big stories’ have dried up since moving to ESPN. I wonder if ESPN kills a lot of the hit pieces he used to do to protect their television partner?

There’s got to be a dilemma because he used to write a lot of hit pieces on James and ESPN’s bread and butter nowadays is breathlessly promoting everything the guy does.  The network is also pimping their NBA free agency coverage big time.  Starting June 30th…

Lebron
    Participant

Guessing Brian doesn’t think Will is a good Republican

jforb
    Participant

A Lebomb! He wore out his welcome at this address a long time ago but it seems like his ‘big stories’ have dried up since moving to ESPN. I wonder if ESPN kills a lot of the hit pieces he used to do to protect their television partner?

There’s got to be a dilemma because he used to write a lot of hit pieces on James and ESPN’s bread and butter nowadays is breathlessly promoting everything the guy does. The network is also pimping their NBA free agency coverage big time. Starting June 30th…

Did you see the report that Lebron is denying the report that he had texted Durant? :wall:

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Guessing Brian doesn’t think Will is a good Republican

Or he’s come out against the designated hitter rule.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Lebron
    Participant

There’s got to be a dilemma because he used to write a lot of hit pieces on James and ESPN’s bread and butter nowadays is breathlessly promoting everything the guy does. The network is also pimping their NBA free agency coverage big time. Starting June 30th…

Did you see the report that Lebron is denying the report that he had texted Durant? :wall:

Perfectly NBA.  I also enjoyed Paul George videoing his ‘decision’ and the associated ‘process’ especially sipping wine with Dwyane Wade.  Tell ya what D-Wade, next year when you come to town wherever I play, let’s get together, but you bring the wine!

Participant

To get to the Decision Cave, do you have to take the Decision Poles?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar