Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 6/3/2019 – 6/9/2019 Stanley Cup could be Raised this week

Tagged: 

This topic contains 145 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Blinded By The Lombardis 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 146 total)
  • Author

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

How was the flight?

Just got this.  Well played! :pk:

EDIT: I may be blind, but it’s sort of a shame that the shot of Fatty grinning as he attempts to exit the tiny crapper (is it in an apartment in Manhattan, where lives?) does not seem to be in the Frequently Used Picture Storage Bunker. :pk: :lol:

1 user thanked author for this post.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Big Mike Sicluna is pissed…Malta took the losers purse in soccer.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

The Brain Drain continues? Houston Texans fire their GM and target Nick Caserio as his successor.  Link.

Came upon the 1999 game between the Pats and the Chiefs on YouTube. I had no recollection of how this game went.

You kind of forget how hapless they used to be. It was a typical Bledsoe stat line: 23-for-45, 334 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 2 fumbles, and 3 sacks. A lot of yards and long throws to make the faithful believe he’d eventually be Marino, plus a Favre-cultish willingness to overlook the now-obvious blemishes to his game. Pat-pat-pat stands out like a sore thumb.

The Pats were 4-0 going into the game, and the announcers were talking up Bledsoe’s “MVP” season thus far. The line was a mess: Heath Irwin had two false starts on the first drive, his replacement Max Lane had a false start on the second drive, and Irwin had another infraction when he came back in. Terry Allen was lead back, with Lamont Warren as backup. Kevin Faulk only returned kickoffs, and Troy Brown only returned punts. Old friend Chad Eaton started at DT, and rookie Andy Katzenmoyer started at MLB.

Despite the team’s four turnovers, Bledsoe still led them back at the end. He hit Shawn Jefferson for a TD to pull within two, and the defense held to get the ball back. The Pats had 30 seconds left, and no timeouts left, naturally. I figured they were toast, but Bledsoe unbelievably drove them into the red zone. Then Vinatieri clanked the 32-yarder, and they had their first loss of the season.

Just think: Vinatieri makes that, and maybe Belichick never happens.

7 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

You had me going right until the end there. I’m sorry, but I’ve been told repeatedly that Vinatieri never missed any key field goals. Not like that bum Gostkowski.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Came upon the 1999 game between the Pats and the Chiefs on YouTube. I had no recollection of how this game went.

You kind of forget how hapless they used to be. It was a typical Bledsoe stat line: 23-for-45, 334 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 2 fumbles, and 3 sacks. A lot of yards and long throws to make the faithful believe he’d eventually be Marino, plus a Favre-cultish willingness to overlook the now-obvious blemishes to his game. Pat-pat-pat stands out like a sore thumb.

The Pats were 4-0 going into the game, and the announcers were talking up Bledsoe’s “MVP” season thus far. The line was a mess: Heath Irwin had two false starts on the first drive, his replacement Max Lane had a false start on the second drive, and Irwin had another infraction when he came back in. Terry Allen was lead back, with Lamont Warren as backup. Kevin Faulk only returned kickoffs, and Troy Brown only returned punts. Old friend Chad Eaton started at DT, and rookie Andy Katzenmoyer started at MLB.

Despite the team’s four turnovers, Bledsoe still led them back at the end. He hit Shawn Jefferson for a TD to pull within two, and the defense held to get the ball back. The Pats had 30 seconds left, and no timeouts left, naturally. I figured they were toast, but Bledsoe unbelievably drove them into the red zone. Then Vinatieri clanked the 32-yarder, and they had their first loss of the season.

Just think: Vinatieri makes that, and maybe Belichick never happens.

So Vinatieri IS the reason for the Pats Dynasty after all!

5 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

If the Warriors go down I wonder if the Bay Area Montana Truthers say eh guess it’s not a dynasty those guys aren’t really even that good with a 3-2 champ series record.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Big Fat O
    Participant

I was watching soon highlights of the 86 Celtics and they would have wiped the floor with both of these teams. It wouldn’t even be close.

McHale would have scored 50 a night and no one would have stopped Bird.

Coma
    Participant

Barbasol suspended for game 6.

Participant

Lord Douchepont got stranded at the dc airport on his way to St. Louis.😢

His twitter feed from noon yesterday will put a spring in your step and a song in your heart.

Lebron
    Participant

I love the suspensions on non calls.

I get they don’t see everything or on review it’s worse than they thought but the righteous defiance ‘it’s a judgement call’ makes it look bad. Act like you’re trying to get better at your job.

BrianInLA
    Participant

That’s the part that always irritates me. Four refs on the ice, watching the play, don’t deem it worthy of even a 2 minute penalty but upon further review its worth a game suspension? Isn’t this the 2nd time this has happened these playoffs?

Major Intangibles
    Participant

If the Warriors go down I wonder if the Bay Area Montana Truthers say eh guess it’s not a dynasty those guys aren’t really even that good with a 3-2 champ series record.

“YOU lost to an expansion team! You did! You did!”

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Lefty

Who in the fuck cares what two actors who were on a tv show that went off the air years ago think about the hockey game that we have to listen to this bullshit during the intermission?

fuck NBC and fuck that pussy David Perron.  Fake tough guy piece of shit.

Turd Furguson
    Participant

Fuckin hate these guys.    Bruins in 7

2 users thanked author for this post.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Did Jenna Fisher say St. Louis is a great sports town? They are a good baseball city but great sports towns don’t lose multiple NFL franchises . She also seemed only interested in Hockey because of her kids . At least Jon Hamm was sincerely into the game.

Lefty

Did Jenna Fisher say St. Louis is a great sports town? They are a good baseball city but great sports towns don’t lose multiple NFL franchises . She also seemed only interested in Hockey because of her kids . At least Jon Hamm was sincerely into the game.

She’s two years away from signing autographs in random VFW’s like one of the people that used to be in Lost in Space

rclane
    Participant

Has Edzo always sucked? Because he’s fucking awful.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Bruins are getting fucked again by the refs.

6 users thanked author for this post.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Hard to beleieve the Blues only have 19 shots through two.

Coma
    Participant

Bruins are getting fucked again by the refs.

I think you’re off-base here. When a Bruins player gets hit and goes down, he’s embellishing the contact, the officials recognize this and don’t call a penalty. When a Blues player gets hit and goes down, it’s an obvious penalty and easy call for the officials. That’s what I’ve gathered from listening to the announcers.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Lefty

Mike Tirico is looking at Patrick Sharp like he’s fresh intern meat.

3 users thanked author for this post.

NASCL
    Participant

Ortiz shot.  Leg, allegedly.

NASCL
    Participant

Yahtzee
    Participant

Nice

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 146 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar