Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 6/3/2019 – 6/9/2019 Stanley Cup could be Raised this week

Tagged: 

This topic contains 145 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Blinded By The Lombardis 4 months ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 126 through 146 (of 146 total)
  • Author

jforb
    Participant

Should be enough, I can see one fluke but Rask isn’t giving up more than that.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Of all the chances on both sides that’s the one that goes in. I’ll take it.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Nicer

2 users thanked author for this post.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Of course

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Had Jenna Fisher left yet? :lol:

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lefty

They are not losing game 7.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Turd Furguson
    Participant

Fuck these guys.   Let’s raise the cup Wednesday night

1 user thanked author for this post.

Lefty

Coach was a Flyer, now doing typical Flyer bullshit.

Participant

Nice

Turd Furguson
    Participant

Any chance they get Brady to be the banner captain Wednesday?    Big Papi might be “laid up”

Humphrey
    Participant

Boy that fucking arena cleared out in a hurry

Suzy
    Participant

Boy that fucking arena cleared out in a hurry

SL mounted patrols, hotel reservations, pre-set headlines, and parade-planners: Sit down.

Wednesday can’t come soon enough.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Suzy
    Participant

Any chance they get Brady to be the banner captain Wednesday? Big Papi might be “laid up”

Now they’re saying that he was shot in the back and the bullet exited through his stomach. Much worse than previously reported. Jesus. :blink:

Turd Furguson
    Participant

JFC.    What’s the world coming to?

Feejis
    Participant

Foul play suspected?

Lefty

Had they only benched Pastrnak two series ago like Bedard wanted, the Bruins would have won the Cup days ago. 🙄

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Awesome win.  Grit and balls.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Came upon the 1999 game between the Pats and the Chiefs on YouTube. I had no recollection of how this game went.

You kind of forget how hapless they used to be. It was a typical Bledsoe stat line: 23-for-45, 334 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 2 fumbles, and 3 sacks. A lot of yards and long throws to make the faithful believe he’d eventually be Marino, plus a Favre-cultish willingness to overlook the now-obvious blemishes to his game. Pat-pat-pat stands out like a sore thumb.

The Pats were 4-0 going into the game, and the announcers were talking up Bledsoe’s “MVP” season thus far. The line was a mess: Heath Irwin had two false starts on the first drive, his replacement Max Lane had a false start on the second drive, and Irwin had another infraction when he came back in. Terry Allen was lead back, with Lamont Warren as backup. Kevin Faulk only returned kickoffs, and Troy Brown only returned punts. Old friend Chad Eaton started at DT, and rookie Andy Katzenmoyer started at MLB.

Despite the team’s four turnovers, Bledsoe still led them back at the end. He hit Shawn Jefferson for a TD to pull within two, and the defense held to get the ball back. The Pats had 30 seconds left, and no timeouts left, naturally. I figured they were toast, but Bledsoe unbelievably drove them into the red zone. Then Vinatieri clanked the 32-yarder, and they had their first loss of the season.

Just think: Vinatieri makes that, and maybe Belichick never happens.

Maybe Carroll gets another year. But in the end the lousy play of Bledsoe in 2000 would have sunk him.

I also kind of think that Parcells may NOT have retired from the Jets in 1999 if he was convinced Kraft wouldn’t go after Belichick. I’m 90 percent sure that Parcells quit when he did to fuck Kraft over. Carroll stays on in 2000 and maybe Tuna does, too, sniffing the chance to take the Jets deep into the playoffs. No one but Kraft was interested in Belichick anyway.

Humphrey
    Participant

Did Jenna Fisher say St. Louis is a great sports town?

Yeah, the St. Louis Browns, St. Louis Hawks, Spirits of St. Louis, St. Louis Football Cardinals and St. Louis Rams would all beg to differ.

jforb
    Participant

Embedding tweets properly appears to have been a one day thing.

I thought Tuukka Rask was outstanding last night, and the final score doesn’t nearly capture his value.
    Anyone else have the feeling Jordan Binnington is going to crapy himself in Game 7? That bouncing puck goal? Come on.

What final score would capture his value? And the second is straight out of PK’s stop sucking player analysis.

Wrong thread.

Viewing 21 posts - 126 through 146 (of 146 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar