Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 6/7/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 70 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Lefty 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 71 total)
  • Author

Lefty

Sox win, Cavs lose, Stanley Cup may get carried tonight

Humphrey
    Participant

I would think the ratings for Game 4 of the NBA Finals, excluding the Bay Area, will be lower than low

Yahtzee
    Participant

Must have been a full moon over Fenway last night.

There was a fan who ran onto the field (and got blindside tackled so hard there would have been a 2-game suspension in the NFL), a spontaneous cell phone light show that took over the whole park (Gardy wasn’t happy), and more drunken seat poachers than I’ve seen in a long time.  That included the area behind home plate.

As I was leaving after the 8th, I passed Drinks in the walkway behind home plate. He’d clearly been berating a 25-year old security kid who said, “I understand, We’re doing the best we can.”  Drinks replied, “It’s chaos down there!”.

Heads are gonna roll.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Well, whatever you do, don’t get in the way of the Window Glass King when he decides to leave the building.

That’s obnoxious enough but to name your company “Giant Glass” because you’re still a love slave to the Sainted Maras sets a world record for douchiness.  He sold it off, made his nut, so he can move to the Meadowlands as far as I’m concerned.

Humphrey
    Participant

Must have been a full moon over Fenway last night. There was a fan who ran onto the field (and got blindside tackled so hard there would have been a 2-game suspension in the NFL), a spontaneous cell phone light show that took over the whole park (Gardy wasn’t happy), and more drunken seat poachers than I’ve seen in a long time. That included the area behind home plate. As I was leaving after the 8th, I passed Drinks in the walkway behind home plate. He’d clearly been berating a 25-year old security kid who said, “I understand, We’re doing the best we can.” Drinks replied, “It’s chaos down there!”. Heads are gonna roll.

How many draft picks would the light show have cost the Patriots?

Participant

Ah yes, the common man, always the common man…..

Michael Ferguson @MrMJDFerg Jun 5 Replying to

Hearing you and on this morning was amazing. Wish everyone in media had an appreciation for history and respect for the common man like you both do.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Nice sport coat, Zip.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Must have been a full moon over Fenway last night. There was a fan who ran onto the field (and got blindside tackled so hard there would have been a 2-game suspension in the NFL), a spontaneous cell phone light show that took over the whole park (Gardy wasn’t happy), and more drunken seat poachers than I’ve seen in a long time. That included the area behind home plate. As I was leaving after the 8th, I passed Drinks in the walkway behind home plate. He’d clearly been berating a 25-year old security kid who said, “I understand, We’re doing the best we can.” Drinks replied, “It’s chaos down there!”. Heads are gonna roll.

Looks legal to me. :lol:

Suzy
    Participant

Ah yes, the common man, always the common man….. Michael Ferguson@MrMJDFerg Jun 5 Replying to

Hearing you and on this morning was amazing. Wish everyone in media had an appreciation for history and respect for the common man like you both do.

That must be one of us, right?  :ohmy:

Hacksaw
    Participant

Looks legal to me. 😆

They practice that on Jack McCormick.

Lebron
    Participant

Guessing Lebron got 2 shots for that Fenway tackle?

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Humphrey
    Participant

Which replacement besides Brian Windhorst would indicate the likelihood of them making a play for Lebron?

Lefty

So, Colangelo is gone, but do his sock puppets remain and are they still in charge?

Lefty

Wouldn’t it be great if we some day learned that Ernie Adams has camera at the Ravens practice facility and drops a dime to the league every single time a player comes within one inch of the practice field on a day they aren’t supposed to be there.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Great shot of the sailing eyeglasses in that photo.

Lebron
    Participant

As has been noted interesting how the Ravens are now 3 time repeat offenders yet the penalties continue to lessen.  Not what I’ve heard with that league and those people with regard to patterns of behavior.  Must be their immediate contrition and rightful claims that it’s not their fault.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Is security at Fewnway still a bunch of BC athletes or did that end when that uber-Mick Harrington left the picture? Or perhaps the move to the ACC came with a bump in pay for the guys.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Participant

Terrell Owens is staying away from his HOF induction.  :lol:   This could kill McButterpants….

“While I am incredibly appreciative of this opportunity, I have made the decision to publicly decline my invitation to attend the induction ceremony in Canton.”

“After visiting Canton earlier this year, I came to the realization that I wish to celebrate what will be one of the most memorable days of my life, elsewhere. At a later date, I will announce where and when I will celebrate my induction.”

Nick B
    Participant

Terrell Owens is staying away from his HOF induction. 😆 This could kill McButterpants…. “While I am incredibly appreciative of this opportunity, I have made the decision to publicly decline my invitation to attend the induction ceremony in Canton.” “After visiting Canton earlier this year, I came to the realization that I wish to celebrate what will be one of the most memorable days of my life, elsewhere. At a later date, I will announce where and when I will celebrate my induction.”

in other words.

” I wish to be the center of attention. I do not wish to be celebrated with these other mediocre athletes.”

Participant

Terrell Owens is staying away from his HOF induction. 😆 This could kill McButterpants…. “While I am incredibly appreciative of this opportunity, I have made the decision to publicly decline my invitation to attend the induction ceremony in Canton.” “After visiting Canton earlier this year, I came to the realization that I wish to celebrate what will be one of the most memorable days of my life, elsewhere. At a later date, I will announce where and when I will celebrate my induction.”

in other words. ” I wish to be the center of attention. I do not wish to be celebrated with these other mediocre athletes.”

Or he’s hosting his own event and is going to charge admission or do a paid appearance?

Feejis
    Participant

in other words. ” I wish to be the center of attention. I do not wish to be celebrated with these other mediocre athletes.”

I’d guess he’s mad it took so long so he’s saying FU to the people who kept him out.

Anything that makes the NFL and media uncomfortable, I’m ok with.

Suzy
    Participant

I’d guess he’s mad it took so long so he’s saying FU to the people who kept him out. Anything that makes the NFL and media uncomfortable, I’m ok with.

Exactly. This is great. :lol:

Can’t wait to read Fatty’s poorly worded outrage.  :pk:   :wag:   :pk:   :wag:

He should do it the day of the following year’s class induction.

Participant

Bertie has taken over mailbag duties and wants to remind everyone he’s been “around the Patriots since 2005”. :lol:

Lebron
    Participant

Basically he went to Canton and realized he didn’t want to spend a weekend there, including having to hang around for a bunch of speeches and a terrible preseason football game.  Makes a shit ton of sense to me.  Send me the ring and the jacket.

Lebron
    Participant

Hey Tony, great to see you here at Patriots practice!

Yeah yeah is Patriots Place open yet I need a fucking drink.

Suzy
    Participant

Just read that Edelman is possibly suspended 4 games for PEDs…

NASCL
    Participant

Well, sports radio is all set for the next couple of days. (Edelman)

RedSeat
    Participant

I’m sure the response to this will be measured.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Bertie has taken over mailbag duties and wants to remind everyone he’s been “around the Patriots since 2005”. 😆

Sorta like Pluto is “around” the Sun.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Trenni says it all goes back to Guerrero.

What?  No proof of that?

Well, it’s fair to ask the question.

Kevin
    Participant

“He’s his buddy, Mike! Isn’t he?”

Nick B
    Participant

Trenni says it all goes back to Guerrero. What? No proof of that? Well, it’s fair to ask the question.

media just loves to bash the guy.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Great shot of the sailing eyeglasses in that photo.

If it was Gillette Stadium security the headline would be.

“Patriots Employee Strikes Fan Who Wears Glasses!”

Hacksaw
    Participant

I look at suspensions as ways to save on wear and tear of the body. Just be active in the post season.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  Hacksaw.

Trenni says it all goes back to Guerrero. What? No proof of that? Well, it’s fair to ask the question.

She’s abhorrent. Just vile in every way.

NASCL
    Participant

She’s abhorrent. Just vile in every way.

Oh, I thought you meant *** *****

Participant

Using that scale, all shitty sports journalism goes back to her radio sidekick John Tomase…..

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I’m sure the response to this will be measured.

Kilotons is a unit of measurement.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

InThisTown
    Participant

Is Trenni the worst? Since I have no knowledge of Xxx Xxxxx’s goings on, I have to say yes.

Participant

Is Trenni the worst? Since I have no knowledge of Xxx Xxxxx’s goings on, I have to say yes.

She’s working with Marjorie Egan from time to time now – it always sounds like Margie’s dentures are about to come flying out – keep your empty head on a swivel Trenni…..

Lebron
    Participant

Might be time to transfer “brink of the verge of the edge of the cusp” from the Houston Texans winning a Super Bowl to Andrew Luck throwing a football.

Should be any day now…

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

In between posts about her not-a-restaurant that is this close to opening, Xxx Xxxxx likes to think her opinion about Trump matters.

My agenda is truth.

Lebron
    Participant

Read somewhere Bruce Kison died.  Didn’t remember that George Bell missed the kick.  Should’ve gone to Cobra Kai.

In other paging Canadian Soldier news, I see Red Schoendienst died today.  I would have guessed he was dead for 30 years.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Anybody have any information on how Delaware’s odds are compared to Nevada and the online places? I cannot find that info among all the general news articles online. Also, anybody know the tax situation? The Deadspin article said the state gets 50% of revenue, which cannot be right.

My agenda is truth.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I look at suspensions as ways to save on wear and tear of the body. Just be active in the post season.

The Irish Vacation. I approve.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

If the USMNT had beaten Trinidad & Tobago to qualify for the World Cup, which group would they have wound up in?

GusChiggins
    Participant

I believe the groups would look totally different because the US might’ve been in a different pot.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Hey Tony, great to see you here at Patriots practice!

Yeah yeah is Patriots Place open yet I need a fucking drink.

Boston Globe headline “Former Drunk Driver Visits Patriots.”

Boston Globe retraction “Shit we forgot he works for us.”

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar