Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 6/7/2018 Daily Thread

This topic contains 70 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Lefty 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 51 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author

Lebron
    Participant

You can’t say for sure but they are somewhere in the 20s world ranking, so that likely puts them in pot 3.  Supposedly they did the pots based on world ranking.  Panama was the team that made it instead and they were in pot 4 with a lower world ranking.

jforb
    Participant

Did the Sox know about Abad’s drug use and is that why they didn’t resign him?

Coma
    Participant

As has been noted interesting how the Ravens are now 3 time repeat offenders yet the penalties continue to lessen. Not what I’ve heard with that league and those people with regard to patterns of behavior. Must be their immediate contrition and rightful claims that it’s not their fault.

I didn’t realize yesterday that the league penalized Baltimore less than they did for their prior infractions. From what I could see in 2010, the team lost a week of OTAs. In 2016, they lost another week of OTAs while Harbaugh was fined $137k and the team $343k. This year, the team lost 2 OTA sessions, the Ravens were fined $100k and Harbaugh $50k.

You would think a third offense would open the door for more severe penalties, not less. I almost wonder if people in the league office do this to in an attempt to prompt angry phone call from Kraft – “He didn’t bite at all when Rooney and Mara said deflated footballs were no big deal. Let’s see what happens if we let a repeat offender off lightly.”

Big Fat O
    Participant

The crack reporters at 98.5 have determined the following regarding Edelman.

Guerrero is somehow involved so now BB can get rid of him for good

This will further divide B.B. and Brady

Everyone associated with Guerrero is probably using so B.B. has a big problem on his hand

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Read somewhere Bruce Kison died. Didn’t remember that George Bell missed the kick. Should’ve gone to Cobra Kai. In other paging Canadian Soldier news, I see Red Schoendienst died today. I would have guessed he was dead for 30 years.

:lol: :lol:   :lol:

I read about Kison’s death and thought about posting about the same incident. Then I also remembered when Bell charged the mound a few years later against Aaron Sele and Mo Vaughn drove him about two feet into the Comiskey Park infield grass.   :lol:

Humphrey
    Participant

What I remember in those days (83-85) how irrelevant the Red Sox were.

Even 1984, they went 86-76….but they where 16.5 games out by Memorial Day and never got closer than 13.

NASCL
    Participant

Bertie has taken over mailbag duties and wants to remind everyone he’s been “around the Patriots since 2005”. 😆

So he trails Joe Gill by 14 years?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

NESN just showed something very interesting and (for them) very well done. Eckersley and Gibson sat down in the Fenway stands, just the two of them, and walked through Gibson’s game-winning homer in the 1988 World Series. Both men were very gracious. Worth watching.  Link.

Lebron
    Participant

What I remember in those days (83-85) how irrelevant the Red Sox were. Even 1984, they went 86-76….but they where 16.5 games out by Memorial Day and never got closer than 13.

The Ralph Houk Years.  I think I just rooted for Tony Armas to hit a bunch of home runs.  But we called him ‘No Mas’

Yahtzee
    Participant

This sure feels like a brutal Capitals loss.

Lebron
    Participant

I think an improvement to the coach’s challenge in hockey would be if the referee would follow the announced decision by flipping off the bench that the decision goes against

Big Fat O
    Participant

Reilly Smith, why can’t we get players like that? Lobel, Bob

Feejis
    Participant

Orpik – still a cunt. Vegas scores so he turns and punches the guy closest to him in the face, then complains.

I hope he gets CTE.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I’ve come to the conclusion that on a strictly basketball decision basis, in a world where he doesn’t care about post-basketball career stuff or the legacy of any franchise’s past, the best place for LeBron to go next season would be Toronto. The roster is already populated with the supporting three point shooters he likes to play with, unlike the Sixers. It’s a talented enough roster to have won the most games in the East, yet as a franchise have never won anything. If he takes them to the finals and gets swept it’s a vast improvement over their franchise history. Their roster’s weaknesses are papered over by Lebron’s strengths. Their big weakness was that they didn’t have anyone to match up with LeBron James. Problem solved.

Also, after firing their coach they’re pretty much a clean slate. It’s not like walking into Houston and there’s tension between he and Harden and Chris Paul for that matter. LeBron owns Toronto in a profound way. He’s the man the moment he walks into the locker room. There’d be less resistance in molding the team to his way of playing basketball than there would be in Boston or San Antonio.

Plus he gets to stay in the East, where there are fewer good teams, or so they say.

Caveat: I know nothing about cap realities.

Humphrey
    Participant

Maybe!

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

The only championship I’ve ever seen decided live was Edmonton finishing the sweep of the Bruins when I was in High School.

Feejis
    Participant

All the guys who didn’t play getting fully dressed and going out there remains among the lamer things in sports.

Lebron
    Participant

I want to punch Rod Langway

jforb
    Participant

I thought things like clock malfunctions only happen in hayseed cities.

Lebron
    Participant

At least I don’t have to hear Tourette’s like Dak Dak Dak yelps from Pete Maguire for a few months

Lefty

Congrats to Chief for his adopted (second favorite) team winning the Cup.

Viewing 21 posts - 51 through 71 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar