Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 7/1 – 7/7/2019 Happy Birthday America Weekly Thread

This topic contains 164 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 165 total)
  • Author

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

That bar supposedly opened two years ago? Even beyond how chintzy it is, it just looks old

Ain’t that America?

BrianInLA
    Participant

Wait…thats a bar? If so that’s perhaps the most depressing looking bar I’ve seen in forever. Two tv’s? Granted it IS Idaho and its not like there are any pro sports teams. There is a pool table so you’re probably right. Getting a real welcoming vibe from that place. :dry:

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

All the diversity one would expect from an Idaho watering hole.  A white guy, another white guy, an Irishman, and 6 more white guys.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I thought that dump was the local diner. It doens’t look like they have a wide variety of local micro-brews on tap.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Marsha actually doesn’t think much of Aaron Rodgers but considers Brett Favre a GOD. She even had a poster of Favre on her ceiling and would have gladly had his babies. She went to a Green Bay game years ago and made a potato sign that said “Hey #4, this spud’s for you.” Green Bay won the game and she described the experience as “orgasmic.”

Hands off, fellas. I saw her first.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Marsha must have gone bone dry for the rest of the week back when Brett was tossing nut crushing 4th quarter INTs.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Thats why I say with the in the 128 loop.  Bad stuff happens when you get west….of Natick

Humphrey
    Participant

That bar supposedly opened two years ago? Even beyond how chintzy it is, it just looks old

You think Jon Tapper had something to do with the decor?

Humphrey
    Participant

Marsha must have gone bone dry for the rest of the week back when Brett was tossing nut crushing 4th quarter INTs.

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha.

The only lady on that show that looked like a football fan was Alice. Especially after Marsha took a football in the nose.

Haisen

He’s been a Patriots man since the sixth grade. He decided to root for them because everyone else hated them. Everyone still does. Haisen loves it when the Patriots win. He just stands around and smiles. There’s no need to rub in it or say a word…

He owns a Patriots hat (maybe), but no jersey.

I think we need to get this kid a Pats jersey.

5 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

I’m going to go out on a limb and say Marsha is a bigger fan of Jordy Nelson and Mark Chmura than, say, Randall Cobb and Davante Adams

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE A FRESH POTATO ON THE MENU!!!

Participant

Money was no object when it came to chandelier’s.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

C’s sign Enes Kanter.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

2 years, 10 mil.  2nd year is player option, according to Shams.

Seems reasonable

chicowalker
    Participant

7 foot Enes headed to Boston

Jet Blue has a non-stop out of West Palm at 4:15, I shall be there forthwith!

7 users thanked author for this post.

Lefty

Sunday’s ump sucked balls.

And strikes!

(I’ll show myself out)

NASCL
    Participant

A rare NHL offer sheet.

Canadiens to Carolina’s Aho.

jforb
    Participant

Thanks @ATT @ATTCares for backing up my old phone to my new phone while burning 8 GB data. Good job! Good effort! #badcustomerservice

Because of your rep, it chewed up 7GB of data backing up my music setting up my new phone. Something that should have been told me or done in the store. Out of data now @ATTCares

:lol:

6 users thanked author for this post.

Gimp
    Participant

Richfield, Idaho single-handedly keeping Ugly Striped Dress Shirts in business:

That chandelier really ties the room together.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Gill sounds like my 12 year old. Every cell phone related issue is somebody else’s fault.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

Richfield, Idaho single-handedly keeping Ugly Striped Dress Shirts in business:

That chandelier really ties the room together.

Just noticed the pool table, is that Frank Costanza’s old one?

RedSeat
    Participant

Marsha actually doesn’t think much of Aaron Rodgers but considers Brett Favre a GOD. She even had a poster of Favre on her ceiling and would have gladly had his babies. She went to a Green Bay game years ago and made a potato sign that said “Hey #4, this spud’s for you.” Green Bay won the game and she described the experience as “orgasmic.”

Hands off, fellas. I saw her first.

Are you allowed to just throw ‘potato sign’ into your paragraph with no explanation? Like it’s safe to assume that’s an actual thing and most readers will be familiar with it?

A sign that looks like a potato? Made from potatoes? Or in Idaho, do they just use ‘potato’ as a generic adjective for all things, kind of like the Smurfs.

Coma
    Participant

Gill sounds like my 12 year old. Every cell phone related issue is somebody else’s fault.

You need to remember that Gill lives a simple life in wilderness, away from society. No phone, no TV, no computer, no electricity. He ventures into town every couple months to trade furs and wood carvings for supplies. There’s no way he’s know anything about the amount of bandwidth involved in backing up a smart phone.

Participant
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar