Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 7/1 – 7/7/2019 Happy Birthday America Weekly Thread

This topic contains 164 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 165 total)
  • Author

Suzy
    Participant

I’ve never dealt with a group this demented before.

:lol:

2 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

This was Kacsmar’s first blog post since 2/1 and it’s a longer, more detailed rehash of his February post. Over the past 5 months, it appears that he hasn’t considered that his habit of acting like an asshole to people (while also making a bunch of racists/sexist tweets) may have been a mistake. Scott would have gotten away with it if not for those meddling Patriots fans!

BrianInLA
    Participant

Tyler Skaggs, pitcher on the Angels, just passed away. Of course he’s age 27.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Tyler Skaggs, Angels’ LHP, found dead in his hotel room at 27.   Link.

The Angels have experienced an unusual number of deaths of active or recently active players over the years: Skaggs, Nick Adenhart, Donnie Moore, Lyman Bostock, Mike Miley, Chico Ruiz and Dick Wantz.  (Maybe more.)

Now that’s what a curse looks like, Shaughnessy, you ass.

Feejis
    Participant

Rangers paying Panarin $12m a year. Good luck with that.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

And he hasn’t even met Brian yet, has he?

1 user thanked author for this post.

328 Chauncey St
    Participant

The Kintner boy about to become shark food agin in 3, 2…..

Hope his mother takes it a little better this year.

still wish Brody cold cocked the mayor and said “Mrs Kintner asked me to give this to you”.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I’ve been rewatching True Detective season 1.

McConaughey, rightfully, gets held up for his performance but fuck is Woody Harrelson putting on a clinic. Everything is boiling under the surface all the time. He carries that tension in his face and shoulders. Crazy shit.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Speaking of Woody, just watched “The Highwaymen” with him and Costner on Netflix. Anybody seen that one? I thought it was great. It’s structured like “Jaws” in that the quarry is off-screen for most of the movie.

BrianInLA
    Participant

And he hasn’t even met Brian yet, has he?

:ohmy: :ohmy:      :lol:

BrianInLA
    Participant

Speaking of Woody, just watched “The Highwaymen” with him and Costner on Netflix. Anybody seen that one? I thought it was great. It’s structured like “Jaws” in that the quarry is off-screen for most of the movie.

It was fantastic by both of them and yet I had completely forgotten about it until just now when I read this. Not sure if that’s because of the vast amount of stuff on tv right now or the fact I cant even remember what I had for lunch.

Lebron
    Participant

Thanks @ATT @ATTCares for backing up my old phone to my new phone while burning 8 GB data. Good job! Good effort! #badcustomerservice

Because of your rep, it chewed up 7GB of data backing up my music setting up my new phone. Something that should have been told me or done in the store. Out of data now @ATTCares

I expect a Valuencer to back up their own data

6 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

Bravo TWL!

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I liked it a lot.  Thought it was well written.

chicowalker
    Participant

Dick Wantz has been up for 15 hours and nothing from you people? :pk:

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I saw that but it seemed like low hanging fruit (which is what they call an elderly John Dennis at the healthclub locker room).

chicowalker
    Participant

every one of us-

5 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

every one of us-

Is that how you guys got Kacsmar, hot mic/camera? :lol:

Suzy
    Participant

:lol:<noscript>:lol:<noscript>:lol:</noscript>

This was Kacsmar’s first blog post since 2/1 and it’s a longer, more detailed rehash of his February post. Over the past 5 months, it appears that he hasn’t considered that his habit of acting like an asshole to people (while also making a bunch of racists/sexist tweets) may have been a mistake. Scott would have gotten away with it if not for those meddling Patriots fans!

He’s almost shockingly dumb. And holy crap, what a pussy. His ramblings are embarrassing to even read. Or the ones I could actually get through were, at any rate.

He’s soooo far over his head in every way now. :lol: The dummy’s running a clinic on how NOT to “crisis manage.”

3 users thanked author for this post.

GusChiggins
    Participant

Not everybody has the deep pockets to tap into the knowledge and expertise of MediaWise.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

The poor SOB died at 25 from a brain tumor after pitching one inning in MLB as a rookie.  Wiki.  However, in his short lifetime he should have ensured that he was to be known as Rick, Rich, Richie, Richard, Ricardo, Rico .…….. :rollseyes:

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

The poor SOB died at 25 from a brain tumor after pitching one inning in MLB as a rookie. Wiki. However, in his short lifetime he should have ensured that he was to be known as Rick, Rich, Richie, Richard, Ricardo, Rico .…….. :rollseyes:

Take it easy Moonlight Geoblastoma

3 users thanked author for this post.

It’s amazing how forgettable Kacsmar’s work is. I found a Cold Hard Football Facts article he did in 2013 trying to rationalize away Peyton Manning’s 11 playoff losses to that point.

This passage stood out:

The 2005 Colts were the first 21st-century team to really chase the perfect season. After starting 13-0, they fell in a heartbreaker to San Diego, who gave the Steelers a good blueprint for success. Tony Dungy’s son committed suicide, ending the regular season on a solemn note as the Colts rested Manning and key players for much of the last two games.

“My kid hung himself, which really casts a pall over these last two games. In light of this, Peyton, you and the receivers should rest up for the playoffs.”

6 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

Was that Peyton’s first funeral too?  Those are hard to overcome

8 users thanked author for this post.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Celtics signed a Frenchman.  Hopefully, they will get rid of the other one

https://youtu.be/2lYP1ccwEzQ

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar