Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 7/1 – 7/7/2019 Happy Birthday America Weekly Thread

This topic contains 164 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 165 total)
  • Author

chicowalker
    Participant

Q&D read of Poirier’s skills via youtube- a lot of Theis’ game (especially finishing on pick and roll) in a bigger body.  Approve

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Seems like a low risk signing. Seriously though, Yabusele has done nothing in 2 years. He doesn’t appear to do anything in terms of improving his conditioning.

Also Theis resigned for 2/10.

Lebron
    Participant

You’d think Yabusele could use that ginormous ass to rebound and thug a la Ricky Mahorn who I think was McNasty to Ruland’s McFilthy

More old Kacsmar:

Thinking the game was over, Jerome Bettis fumbled, and Nick Harper recovered the ball and started to run down the field. 

“Hey, this game’s over, so I think I’ll fumble.”

Guy’s a terrible writer.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Jesus that’s terrible.

jforb
    Participant

Did anyone from FO ever comment? Or are they also still waiting for twitter to finish investigating too?

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

You’d think Yabusele could use that ginormous ass to rebound and thug a la Ricky Mahorn who I think was McNasty to Ruland’s McFilthy

I follow him on IG. He’s eating his way through the south of France

jforb
    Participant

Do you use the dennisshrug.jpg when it’s a quote from Dennis?

From the Kacsmar rabbit hole. He really had a hard-on for Brady:

Then what if we told you that same quarterback in the postseason had a 7-6 record (.538), 0-2 in the Super Bowl, lost two home playoff games by 26 points and had an 87.1 passer rating with a 27:17 TD-to-INT ratio? Finally, in those three historically high-scoring seasons, he lost in the playoffs by scoring only 14, 21 and 17 points (the 14 and 17 represent season-lows).

That is not a fictional quarterback at all. That is Tom Brady from 2005 to 2011.

Brady should go down as the best short-ball passer in NFL history, but until he starts delivering the tougher throws, he’ll remain idolizing the likes of Joe Montana as the greatest quarterback to ever play the game.

Because he’s not it.

:lol: I must have missed his update covering years 2012-2018.

Lebron
    Participant

The Montana Truthers always act like getting sandblasted by the Giants and getting torched by the Wade Wilson Vikings at home never happened.  HE GOT BENCHED IN A HOME PLAYOFF GAME!!!

3 users thanked author for this post.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

RIP Lee Iacocca

Had a beauty like this in college.  Exactly like this, sans the broad.

1 user thanked author for this post.

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

It truly seems like they keep him around because he makes everyone laugh.  He can’t be more than 6′ 7′ and as much as I hear about his athleticism he doesn’t look like an elite NBA athlete on the court to me.  <Insert caveat about how everyone making these decisions knows more about basketball and Yabu than I do>

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

It truly seems like they keep him around because he makes everyone laugh. He can’t be more than 6′ 7′ and as much as I hear about his athleticism he doesn’t look like an elite NBA athlete on the court to me. <Insert caveat about how everyone making these decisions knows more about basketball and Yabu than I do>

He’s built like a guy that would be in the Chico league.  And apparently he was back at practice and gassed yesterday.  Give me a Tacko.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I could have sworn that Iacocca snuffed it by in the early 2000’s.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I could have sworn that Iacocca snuffed it by in the early 2000’s.

I was shocked.  94. As my dad would say, cut down in his prime.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Peter King is not happy that ESPN did a 30 for 30 on the hot dog contest. The comments over at Barstool look like we wrote them.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Peter King is not happy that ESPN did a 30 for 30 on the hot dog contest. The comments over at Barstool look like we wrote them.

Probably more xenophobic, I would imagine.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Fatty doesn’t like there are starving children in the world.

BSF34
    Participant

Also

Image result for ford mustang

Wait, what?

NASCL
    Participant

Obtuse area man unaware of life outside of social media.

Tough few weeks for : & all experiencing outages.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  NASCL.
    6 users thanked author for this post.

https://twitter.com/cpriceNFL/status/1146396645925564416

Given Price was maybe the only reason to halfway consider a Boston Sports Journal subscription, what does this mean for AAC’s venture?

2 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

https://twitter.com/cpriceNFL/status/1146396645925564416

Given Price was maybe the only reason to halfway consider a Boston Sports Journal subscription, what does this mean for AAC’s venture?

Site news: Christopher Price announced his time at BSJ is at an end. I’m not quite ready to say that yet — he’ll always have a home here — but we’ll see what happens. As I’ve long said, we’re constantly evaluating things and searching for ways to be more effective and efficient. The Patriots are the No. 1 beat here by far and we need to cover them aggressively. Our plans for the new season are not set in stone, but I will definitely be writing more about the team on a daily basis — which is what many readers have been asking for. Chris is a first-class person and we wish him and his family nothing but the best.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Rats (not that Chris is a rat, but go with it) deserting the sinking ship? Another nail in AAC’s coffin? 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Who the heck is he going to find willing to work for crumbs and be under AAC’s thumb? Is there anyone out there desperate enough for a job?

Also, Price tweeted he has a book coming out on football trivia.

GusChiggins
    Participant

Chris was just really dragging down the site. It’s me that people come to see.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Translation:

Price: Bedard can’t pay me anymore, so my time at BSJ is at an end.

Bedard: I told Chris he’s welcome to write for free any time, he’ll always have a home here.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar