Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 7/1 – 7/7/2019 Happy Birthday America Weekly Thread

This topic contains 164 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 165 total)
  • Author

Lebron
    Participant

Montana and his Truthers can all go upstairs and masturbate.

Every team/player experiences fortune and misfortune.  Brady and the Patriots have been victims of unfortunate plays, and in some instances overcame them.  Some instances they didn’t.  As any competitor knows, defeat is part of competition.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Feejis
    Participant

I’m picturing Brian in LA like Costanza in The Fire episode*

Seemingly. Seemingly, to the untrained eye, I can fully understand how you got that impression. What looked like pushing…what looked like knocking down…was a safety precaution!

*apologies to the late, great B Holmes for making a Seinfeld reference after the show has been off the air for 21 years

Marathon on TBS today. Day off, house to myself I’ve seen a bunch so far….

NASCL
    Participant

Gimp
    Participant

Sturdy? Must have been a mild one. My guess is he’s got some A-Fib, which causes the vast majority of cryptogenic (unknown cause) Strokes.

It would be surprising that he would have undiagnosed A-Fib. I’m certain he’s followed closely. Still, the cause of his previous stroke was fixed. This would be a new cause.

Probably bought him a lifetime supply of Coumadin or Eliquis.

Lebron
    Participant

Outside of Bozeman MT and saw Red Tiger Drilling.  I immediately thought of Tiger Mike and his memos and cackled.  My family looked at me like I was insane.

Coma
    Participant

Sturdy? Must have been a mild one. My guess is he’s got some A-Fib, which causes the vast majority of cryptogenic (unknown cause) Strokes.

It would be surprising that he would have undiagnosed A-Fib. I’m certain he’s followed closely. Still, the cause of his previous stroke was fixed. This would be a new cause.

Hopefully, it is mild and Bruschi can fully recover. Even if he does, I’d be focused on my mortality after 2 strokes under the age of 50.

On the flip side, I had never seen any tweets from Bernard Pollard until this week it turns out that whatever negative impression you might have had about him from his playing days applies to his social media presence, also. He’s a big believer in the “Brady is a system QB” myth and, when challenged, goes with the “I played the game and you didn’t” defense. While I feel bad for Bruschi, I’m looking forward to negative news about Pollard. If there’s such thing at CTE+ or Double CTE, I hope he gets it.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Bizarro Jerry!

Feejis
    Participant

He lives down that way. Would there be some risk involved in a longer trip to Boston or Providence?

Gimp
    Participant

He lives down that way. Would there be some risk involved in a longer trip to Boston or Providence?

Absolutely. Time is brain. Although if there needed to be a surgical procedure to remove a large clot, he’d probably go to Providence.

Sturdy does not have those surgical options available, which is what leads me to believe it was a small, transient stroke. Had it been a major one, he would have been transferred to RIH or flown to Boston.

Gimp
    Participant

Absolutely. Time is brain. Although if there needed to be a surgical procedure to remove a large clot, he’d probably go to Providence.

Sturdy does not have those surgical options available, which is what leads me to believe it was a small, transient stroke. Had it been a major one, he would have been transferred to RIH or flown to Boston for the procedure.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Doris Burke, all hail DB, is telling the ESPN audience that Zion is not being looked at as the savior of the Pelicans franchise. WTF? What are we doing here then. Consensus #1 stud pick is not expected to anchor a franchise and lead them to places AD couldn’t?

2 users thanked author for this post.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Their talking about Zion being the next Lebron and a once in a generation talent.

Lebron
    Participant

Of course ESPN is tracking every movement the guy makes and getting the clips ready and posted on their site within moments of their occurrence.  Nice hedge.

Lebron
    Participant

Was in Glacier NP the last few days.  Can’t recommend enough, saw everything but a moose and it got to the point of oh yay another bear.  Views are out of hand.  Anyhow at one point I was at the visitor center taking kids to the can and it’s a standard visitor center rangers there to answer questions and after detailing areas of the park for a visitor this one lady walks up and says yeah the WiFi isn’t working on my phone.  She got the collective I can’t  get a sig on my beeper look from The Hangover from anyone within earshot.  Another asshole brought his dog on a trail that said specifically no dogs and let his dog take a ginormous shit on the trail and didn’t clean it.  Who the fuck comes to these places worried about WiFi and can’t respect basic rules of a beautiful national park?  Enraging.  I swear to God I was extremely calm and peaceful for like 6 days in a row before that, which is a personal best.

5 users thanked author for this post.

BrianInLA
    Participant

7.1. Not a fan. At all.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Kawhi to the Clippers is the weirdest timeline. Sure beats Kawhi to the Lakers.

Gimp
    Participant

The Clippers gave up an BOATLOAD of picks.  Still, there is entertainment in the Lebron Lakers being the second best team playing in the Staples Center.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Can’t wait for the first “LeBron mad that Kawhi got a better table at Spago” type report.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

The Clippers gave up an BOATLOAD of picks. Still, there is entertainment in the Lebron Lakers being the second best team playing in the Staples Center.

They basically gave up their first rounders for 4 of the next 6 years, and have to swap the other 2. It’s a huge price.

Even Danny wouldn’t gamble like that

Lefty

The Clippers gave up an BOATLOAD of picks. Still, there is entertainment in the Lebron Lakers being the second best team playing in the Staples Center.

They basically gave up their first rounders for 4 of the next 6 years, and have to swap the other 2. It’s a huge price.

Even Danny wouldn’t gamble like that

If they are as successful as they think, the unprotected picks will all be in the 30’s.  Not like they’re going to get a lot there anyway.

Fans in OK should be rooting for George to blow his ACL and help move up the picks.

Lefty

Meanwhile, Don’t sleep on the Toronto media as a bunch of self important douchebags.  I hope after Leonard left, someone gets Marner from the Leafs by offer sheet just to watch those pricks lose their shit.

Lebron
    Participant

The Davis trade set up the George price with picks and pick swaps.  George had a monster year

Lebron
    Participant

How is the George trade not tampering?  If reports are to be believed George just magically requested a trade?  Yeah sure

2 users thanked author for this post.

Lefty

Either side can opt out of the NBA cba after the 2022 season.  Have to think the owners have the letter already written.

Lebron
    Participant

Meanwhile Magic mentions a player’s name and it’s tampering.  No wonder he said screw this.  Makes no sense.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar