Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 7/11/2018 Daily Discussion Thread

This topic contains 49 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Fred West Lynn 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • Author

Coma
    Participant

It’s after 11, might as well get this started.

We’ve got the second WC semi-final in a few hours. Richie Incognito took a break from making gym’s his playground to vouch for LeSean McCoy’s innocence. Sale starts tonight. Let’s focus on what’s really important, though: Sony Michel is not signed yet with training camp a couple weeks away. Is this another case of Bill the GM sabotaging the team?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I keep forgetting Mitchel has yet to sign. What exactly is the hold up?

That’s like 95 in Steeler years.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Roger Federer up 6-5 in the 5th set at Wimbledon.  How long can it go?

jforb
    Participant

Anyone give a shit about PJAG being sent home to “rehab”?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

What we would be hating on if we were English, starring I-Can’t-Believe-It’s-Not-John-Oliver 1, I-Can’t-Believe-It’s-Not-John-Oliver 2, and Pasty English White Guy #54,006.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJqimlFcJsM

Participant

Yanks are 10-9 since Giancarlo’s signature moment – eff them.

jforb
    Participant

Roger Federer up 6-5 in the 5th set at Wimbledon. How long can it go?

Holy jebus the mugshot Wimbledon uses for Anderson

Nick B
    Participant

Roger Federer up 6-5 in the 5th set at Wimbledon. How long can it go?

Holy jebus the mugshot Wimbledon uses for Anderson

looks a bit like a very drunk Jim Breuer

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Go ahead and take him out back. He is DUN. Saves the Red Sox some money.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Lebron
    Participant

Fed is dead.  Curse of Bear Grylls.

The big serve guys like Anderson always have a good shot at Wimbledon.

Participant

The folks on the beat do – they are probably pissed because who wants to go to Arizona in July to watch him rehab?  Why couldn’t he do this after Thanksgiving?

But, he made their lives easier for the last 11 years.

Coma
    Participant

I keep forgetting Mitchel has yet to sign. What exactly is the hold up?

I haven’t heard anything about the situation, but I haven’t really looked, either. 7 of the top 10 picks are unsigned as well as the three guys drafted right before Michel, so it’s not like he’s the only first rounder without a contract. If we get through next week without anything happening, then I might put on my Concernz! hat.

What’s odd is that the Giants haven’t signed their 5th round pick yet. I could see negotiations taking a while with Saquan Barkley, but what could be the hold up there?

Lebron
    Participant

Wonder if it’s the Bosa type stuff with contracts containing offset provisions and signing bonus break ups.  It does seem odd although not sad that 7 of the top 10 picks are still unsigned.

Lebron
    Participant

Arizona Cardinals GM Lied About Identity in DUI Stop

Cardinals general manager Steve Keim originally identified himself as the team’s director of security

He claimed to have had two beers and pizza an hour or two before being stopped, according to the report.

At the police station, Keim said he was drinking since 4 p.m.

Not sure why job titles even came in to play on a DUI stop, unless the driver is trying to run with a do you know who I am and then when that goes absofuckinglutely nowhere you retreat with a fake title.  On the one hand I like that he went with the standard issue ‘2 beers with dinner officer’ response, but he caved pretty quickly after that.  Not a foxhole guy.

Lebron
    Participant

Magic waited 1 hour in car before courting LeBron

Sounds like Magic wants to get on the banana boat.

Lebron
    Participant

And the ‘broad’ that will be covering his every move in LA is frightening as hell

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

And the ‘broad’ that will be covering his every move in LA is frightening as hell

That’s not a Rachel Dratch SNL character?

Participant

Arizona Cardinals GM Lied About Identity in DUI Stop Cardinals general manager Steve Keim originally identified himself as the team’s director of security He claimed to have had two beers and pizza an hour or two before being stopped, according to the report. At the police station, Keim said he was drinking since 4 p.m.

Not sure why job titles even came in to play on a DUI stop, unless the driver is trying to run with a do you know who I am and then when that goes absofuckinglutely nowhere you retreat with a fake title. On the one hand I like that he went with the standard issue ‘2 beers with dinner officer’ response, but he caved pretty quickly after that. Not a foxhole guy.

:lol: I can’t find it, but I saw where he tried to drop a cop’s name who he “worked with” – unfortunately the cop died 4 years ago.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Arizona Cardinals GM Lied About Identity in DUI Stop Cardinals general manager Steve Keim originally identified himself as the team’s director of security He claimed to have had two beers and pizza an hour or two before being stopped, according to the report. At the police station, Keim said he was drinking since 4 p.m.

Not sure why job titles even came in to play on a DUI stop, unless the driver is trying to run with a do you know who I am and then when that goes absofuckinglutely nowhere you retreat with a fake title. On the one hand I like that he went with the standard issue ‘2 beers with dinner officer’ response, but he caved pretty quickly after that. Not a foxhole guy.

Foxhole guy > Smoky hallway guy OR Foxhole guy < Smoky hallway guy?

:smile:

Coma
    Participant

What if Keim’s little gambit worked? I’m sure the Cardinals director of security would have appreciated that – “Oh yeah, you get out of a DUI and go on your merry way. Meanwhile, I’ve got a cop who thinks I owe him one asking me about primo tickets and cushy security details. Thanks a pantload, you Homer Simpson looking dipshit.”

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

He’s been called offside twice (the second time perhaps wrongly) but it’s amazing that Kane was unable to score in two point blank situations.

TwoTimes
    Participant

😆 I can’t find it, but I saw where he tried to drop a cop’s name who he “worked with” – unfortunately the cop died 4 years ago.

He’d have been all set if it wound up in Jerry Gallo’s courtroom.

chicowalker
    Participant

Admitting you are the Cardinals GM might get you in MORE trouble with the cops, if they are fans

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

New ballgame! Uh… match.

Almost another for the Croats! off the post.

Ref not calling anything either way unless he absolutely has to.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar