Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 7/14-7/15/2018 Weekend Thread

This topic contains 30 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

What, the scintilatting World Cup Third Place Game and Nadal/Djokovic Semis at Wimbeldon didn’t get everyone going? I got nothing.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Can  declare Brock Holt to be unlikable as a 2 hitter?

jforb
    Participant

Only if Bogaerts is an unlikable cleanup hitter.

Brian
    Participant

We should really do week long threads. This board has really lost our mojo.

Humphrey
    Participant

I swear at this point Nick is just writing the same column week after week.  And the Sunday after July 31 it will switch from who can be grabbed in a trade to who can be grabbed in a waiver deal.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Can declare Brock Holt to be unlikable as a 2 hitter?

I agree, but the Neil Diamond Nation would love a whole team full of Brock Holts.

Chuck Schick
    Participant
    Hacksaw wrote:I agree, but the Neil Diamond Nation would love a whole team full of Brock Holts.

Few people know I’m fueled creatively by my massive hatred of immigrant ballplayers.

Lebron
    Participant

Went with the boys to the Rockies game. I’d like to retroactively praise my father for taking me to however many Red Sox games as a kid, 60 probably.  No idea how he did it.  He didn’t like sports all that much either.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Any chance the Croats take it?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Betts is a five-tool stud baseball player, of the sort that the young CS only saw in the National League, where (not coincidentally) almost every great player resided.  Was at yesterday’s game, and he went three for four with a steal of third base. What stuns me is his throwing arm from right field — almost Evans-like. I remember when people looked at him and said he only had a second-baseman’s arm.  Ha.  And a great competitor, too.

If only he played on a “likable” team.  :lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

The Sunday morning weei show (mark and kitchen?) might be the worst thing in both stations

Yahtzee
    Participant

Any chance the Croats take it?

Why not us?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Betts is a five-tool stud baseball player, of the sort that the young CS only saw in the National League, where (not coincidentally) almost every great player resided. Was at yesterday’s game, and he went three for four with a steal of third base. What stuns me is his throwing arm from right field — almost Evans-like. I remember when people looked at him and said he only had a second-baseman’s arm. Ha. And a great competitor, too. If only he played on a “likable” team. 😆

Fun game. Lots of things to talk about – Swihart, ERod play, walking Martinez there, grand Slam, Mookie, Holt, Kelly.

Humphrey
    Participant

There are folks out there insisting Betts be moved back to second, which imo is at this point absurd

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Croatia!

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Entertaining first half.

Humphrey
    Participant

Entertaining first half.

Yes…and I have to agree on that PK call…guys at this level can’t have their arms out like that

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Total Shitshow there for Croatia on that third goal.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Entertaining first half.

Yes…and I have to agree on that PK call…guys at this level can’t have their arms out like that

Defenders look like total dorks jumping with their hands behind their backs but if that’s the standard…

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

The rout is on!

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

They missed Bastille Day by one day.  That’s a shame.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Went with the boys to the Rockies game. I’d like to retroactively praise my father for taking me to however many Red Sox games as a kid, 60 probably. No idea how he did it. He didn’t like sports all that much either.

Did it suck becuase it was the Rockies?

I won’t go to a Rangers game out here I can’t watch that team it is like listening to Mustard and Johnson with John Dennis calling in.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Some good news…Hulk Hogan is back with the WWE.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I’d hate to know what your definition of bad news is.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I’d hate to know what your definition of bad news is.

Hulk Hogan has a new tape out?

Coma
    Participant

It shouldn’t surprise me, but I haven’t seen anyone connect Papa John with Peyton Manning following this latest controversy, even though they were portrayed as close friends when Manning was still playing/doing commercials. It’s amazing the deference Manning gets.

Chico mentioned the podcast by Felger youth members CaminTaunton, Josh Marion and Mensa Matt on Friday. This may have been brought up before, but how long is it until 98.5 management notices these guys are saying the same stuff as Felger and Mazz, but could be paid a fraction of what those two are getting?

Lebron
    Participant

Went with the boys to the Rockies game. I’d like to retroactively praise my father for taking me to however many Red Sox games as a kid, 60 probably. No idea how he did it. He didn’t like sports all that much either.

Did it suck becuase it was the Rockies? I won’t go to a Rangers game out here I can’t watch that team it is like listening to Mustard and Johnson with John Dennis calling in.

I’m fine with the Rockies and the park is good sit along first base right field for a night game you get to watch the sun set over the mountains.  It’s more the logistics of parking getting in then the myriad of food options and each kid wants something different.  And bathroom runs.  And you pretty much have to go to all the food they don’t have hot dog vendors or beer guys making rounds.  And same with the beer there’s so many options it always keeps you looking then you see a guy with a Trumer Pils and you say fuck why did I get this Fat Tire I want a Trumer and one kid says he wishes he got chicken on his nachos and you say you know what they didn’t have nachos when I went to games it was hot dogs or popcorn you ingrate then the other kid wants dipping dots and you say how about I shove a Hood bar up your ass.  Baseball Danny the grand old game.

Participant

The Larry Bird & Kevin McHake All Star Interview on NBA Network is very good.

jforb
    Participant

Chico mentioned the podcast by Felger youth members CaminTaunton, Josh Marion and Mensa Matt on Friday. This may have been brought up before, but how long is it until 98.5 management notices these guys are saying the same stuff as Felger and Mazz, but could be paid a fraction of what those two are getting?

That would require them coming up with original takes, regardless of how stupid.

Has parking at Coors changed? When I was there 5-6 years ago, there were lots all over the surrounding couple blocks that were pretty cheap (I think I figured parking, my seat behind the plate in the upper deck, and food was still less than a crappy grandstand at Fenway would have been). With you on the rest.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I swear at this point Nick is just writing the same column week after week. And the Sunday after July 31 it will switch from who can be grabbed in a trade to who can be grabbed in a waiver deal.

He’s pathetic

7. Please, Rob Manfred, do something with shifts. They are killing baseball.

Lebron
    Participant

That would require them coming up with original takes, regardless of how stupid. Has parking at Coors changed? When I was there 5-6 years ago, there were lots all over the surrounding couple blocks that were pretty cheap (I think I figured parking, my seat behind the plate in the upper deck, and food was still less than a crappy grandstand at Fenway would have been). With you on the rest.

Parking is still good paid 15 bucks it was just the farthest out I’ve ever parked.  They have easy to find lots but I was way back.  Walk is well lit and all that too.  It was Nolan Arenado bobble head night no joke the place was packed.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar