Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 7/15/19-7/21/19 Weekly Thread. Clambag season

This topic contains 217 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by  Coma 1 month ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 218 total)
  • Author

jforb
    Participant

Price taking heat for going off on Eckersley bringing up to the Sunday Globe the plane “confrontation “ from two years ago.

Price says he arranged a meeting with Eck 2 years ago to apologize and Eck no showed. Says he doesn’t know why this is still a thing, then implies Eck has no friends.

I loved Eck as a player, but he has handled this whole thing terribly. He could have ended the whole thing two years ago any time he wanted, but let it fester and grow. If it is true he no showed the apology meeting, that’s bs. Again, he was part of the McGwire/Henderson/Canseco A’s teams and he wants us to believe no one ever gave a reporter a hard time.

Agree with this, but Price should really learn how to say “that’s his opinion, no comment from me” and stop giving Shank ammunition.

1 user thanked author for this post.

NASCL
    Participant

There was football in Boston prior to 1993? :lol:

Joe Gill, Class of 1991

Voted Most Likely to Complain About Tacos

6 users thanked author for this post.

Humphrey
    Participant

I looked at Baseball-Ref’s page for their 1959 minor league affiliates. They had six farm teams, and — apart from Green — only one other African-American player, Earl Wilson, who was at Triple-A, made it to the majors. Of the hundred-plus scrubs who didn’t make it to the big leagues, it’s impossible to tell from B-R how many black players were in the organization as a whole, but if you said no more than two other guys in their whole organization, you’d probably be right.

I’m sure this is not a complete list of Sox minority players prior to 66, but it’s damn close and not very long:
    Pumpsie Green, Earl Wilson, Felix Mantilla, Mike Fornieles (Cuban but basically white), Roman Mejias, Lenny Green.

Not that every one of these guys ended up being a star, but 66-67 did coincide with several Sox regulars and a sometimes closer (John Wyatt) being black.

chicowalker
    Participant

Holy shit I read that. The rationale seems to be it’s too easy to just blame him or his shitty band. Apparently it has to be complex and layered and its roots have to be in what happened 30 years earlier when they made it a free concert because that signaled to people 30 years later it was OK to break shit. It’s not his fault, just ask the guy from Korn.

Seriously if they had put up ol’ Rust from True Detective to wax poetic about the rabbit hole they went down it might have at least gotten a laugh. But them trying to do it with a straight face as if it was some journalistic in-depth article was comical. Durst saying “Hey, rip shit up” and then surfing on the plywood panels the fans tore down just “might” have had something to do with the problem? And then the medics talking about all of the people getting hurt in the pit and that they “had to shut down the show!” Anyone who has ever been in a mosh pit, mainly back in the day when people didn’t cry if they got knocked down, will tell you that MOST mosh pits look a lot like what was going on there and it wasn’t some newfound Danger Pit. Back me up here Chico.

I laughed at that. I always enjoyed watching a Limp Bizkit type mosh pit venture into a real mosh pit, and realize the difference between tourism and about that life

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I want to see a single cam sitcom of Marty and Rust as a modern day Odd Couple.  They try to sober up, go to meetings.  Both show up at Maggie’s house at the same time to make amends…the thing writes itself

Lebron
    Participant

I’d rather see Marty’s side piece.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I’d rather see Marty’s side piece.

Marty gets back together with the “Filipino gal” he was seeing between the 2 timelines?

Sheriff Geraci is retired and living in the same subdivision.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Rust gets that taillight fixed.  Bam…that’s a show, there’s your show.

chicowalker
    Participant

So now that Callahan is no longer tied to the physical location of a Massachusetts radio station, he will certainly be moving to a place more in line with his political and sociological views, right?  His kids have to be in college by now…

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

So now that Callahan is no longer tied to the physical location of a Massachusetts radio station, he will certainly be moving to a place more in line with his political and sociological views, right? His kids have to be in college by now…

Whitefish Lake, MT

Lebron
    Participant

I was thinking of the court reporter gal as Marty’s side piece

Lebron
    Participant

So now that Callahan is no longer tied to the physical location of a Massachusetts radio station, he will certainly be moving to a place more in line with his political and sociological views, right? His kids have to be in college by now…

Whitefish Lake, MT

He’d hate it there it’s half ski resort types half hipsters.  Gerry would be better suited for the NE corner near North Dakota.  Plus he can stand guard at the Canadian border

Lebron
    Participant

Hot as balls out this way.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Whitefish Lake, MT

He’d hate it there it’s half ski resort types half hipsters. Gerry would be better suited for the NE corner near North Dakota. Plus he can stand guard at the Canadian border

Have Ron Stallworth call him.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Hacksaw.

Lebron
    Participant

FaceApp sounds like something Bill would say.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Heading for North Carolina for a week. Any musts while we’re down there? In the Raleigh area with my wife and 8 year old daughter with a side trip to Wilmington.

NASCL
    Participant

That Fitzy is a real hoot. :dry:

jforb
    Participant

Heading for North Carolina for a week. Any musts while we’re down there? In the Raleigh area with my wife and 8 year old daughter with a side trip to Wilmington.

Go home? Semi-seriously, don’t know Raleigh but I’ve spent a decent bit of time visiting family in Fayetteville and can’t remember much of anything worth seeing in the middle of NC.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I was thinking of the court reporter gal as Marty’s side piece

Yeah, rack you could hang a hat on.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Dan LeBatard and I are on the same side? I’m pretty sure the world just stopped turning.

Coma
    Participant

The NFL announced today that they will not discipline Tyreek Hill. This guarantees that a video incriminating Hill will surface before the start of the season.

3 users thanked author for this post.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Just dont be caught smoking weed dammit. That will get you a lifetime ban. Slap around a pregnant girlfriend? No worries. These are all men. But just stay away from that demon weed, especially those of you with mental and anxiety problems. We’d much rather you get hooked on these other drugs instead that will more than likely lead to your death because of how addictive they are.

I hate that league and cant wait for it to be dead.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

My wife hails from N.C.  If you like meat, go for the Carolina-style (Lexington-style) bar-b-q with hush puppies and collard greens. My favorite type of bar-b-q that’s often hard to find in New England. Sinfully good. :wub:

I do not recommend that you was it down with a Cheerwine, however. :puke:

jforb
    Participant

And Coach has the early lead for dumbest tangential take.

Brady discipline was a different part of the CBA so shut up about it and if you don’t like it, tell the union to grow some balls and change the CBA.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Article 46 is a blank check, so not sure what Asshole is prattling on about.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 218 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar