Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 7/22/19 – 7/28/19 Weekly Thread – Training Camp Opens

This topic contains 162 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Lefty 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 163 total)
  • Author

Coma
    Participant

I was wrong about my prediction of Peter King’s reaction to Tyreek Hill’s non-punishment. I thought he would be more mealy mouthed about it and paint it as the league making the best decision under a tough set of circumstances. Instead, he came down on the side the league being inconsistent from case to case. He even breaks out a Bedard-esque “It just doesn’t feel right. At all.”

Still, because it’s PK and he deserves it, I can’t not criticize him. This was a pretty big story, but he doesn’t address until the “I think I think” section. More importantly, King is finished with this subject now. He’s not going to call out NFL leadership or their decision making process. He expressed his displeasure today and this is the end of it. He couldn’t even throw in a “WTF, Lisa Friel?” after his “You go, Dan LeBatard.” Hill will make some electrifying play in week 3 or 4 and King will gush about his speed, instincts and ability with praise for Mahomes and Andy Reid tossed in. There won’t be a “If Goodell was truly ‘owning the domestic violence space,’ Hill would be sitting at home” comment.

2 users thanked author for this post.

GusChiggins
    Participant

That week 3 or 4 writeup will be something like: he bullied the cornerback off the line then broke the play that keeps fellow AFC West teams at arm’s length.

chicowalker
    Participant

Of all the stupid/shitty things Fatty writes, “You go, _______!” is the douche-chilliest

If I’m LeBetard and I read that, I cringe in disgust and look away from my computer.  If I was ever on the receiving end of that in person- if Peter King ever shouted that to me across a room, or god help me up close– I’d swallow my fucking tongue

4 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

After torching the Chargers for 8 catches for 127 yards and two touchdowns, Vic Fangio’s vaunted Denver defense needs to be scared of him too

Participant

“Let the word go forth from this time and place, to suck up media members and fan alike, that the torch has been passed to a new generation of ThanksDads.”

The Al Davis Memorial Torch, a 90-foot-high structure with an eternal flame that Mark Davis wanted built to honor his late father, the founder of the Raiders, is taking shape in the peristyle plaza on the east side of the stadium.

He really wonders, but has no plans on visiting Foxborough this offseason to ask.  Didn’t someone locally trot this out last year as well?

5. I think I wonder what the enlightened players in the Patriots’ locker room, particularly those like Devin McCourty who do a lot of work with social causes and the Players Coalition, really think of owner Robert Kraft cozying up to President Trump.

6. I think I get that Kraft is trying to moderate Trump—and he really is—but the optics of him dining with Trump have to reverberate in his locker room. And I get that Kraft has done a load of good things recently in the wake of the day spa fiasco in south Florida. He’s on the right side of sentencing reform. He’s been very supportive of linebacker Elandon Roberts after his incident with police this offseason. All that’s good. I just wonder what the players really think of Kraft’s ties to Trump.

chicowalker
    Participant

isn’t Fatty essentially banned from Foxboro?

chicowalker
    Participant

We’ll have some fun along the way. I’m throwing out the first pitch at a Pensacola Blue Wahoos game in Florida on Aug. 1,(please let this be 50 Cent/Baba booey-esque) and there will be other mayhem I’m certain. I’ll be assisted by videographers Annie Koeblitz, Nicole Granito and Kaitlin Urka of NBC.

Looked them up, all young women.  I weep for what they are going to have to see/smell all summer

Lefty

We’ll have some fun along the way. I’m throwing out the first pitch at a Pensacola Blue Wahoos game in Florida on Aug. 1,(please let this be 50 Cent/Baba booey-esque) and there will be other mayhem I’m certain. I’ll be assisted by videographers Annie Koeblitz, Nicole Granito and Kaitlin Urka of NBC.

Looked them up, all young women. I weep for what they are going to have to see/smell all summer

Is it too much to hope for a #metoo moment this summer from the women who have been human trafficked into being his crew?

4 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

Looked them up, all young women. I weep for what they are going to have to see/smell all summer

August 1 Jacksonville Jaguars Camp 357 mile drive to Pensacola to throw out first pitch.

August 2 New Orleans Saints, Metairie, LA – after a 205 mile from Pensacola to Metairie after he throws out the first pitch.

Good times.
    “Let the word go forth from this time and place, to suck up media members and fan alike, that the torch has been passed to a new generation of ThanksDads.”

The Al Davis Memorial Torch, a 90-foot-high structure with an eternal flame that Mark Davis wanted built to honor his late father, the founder of the Raiders, is taking shape in the peristyle plaza on the east side of the stadium.

He really wonders, but has no plans on visiting Foxborough this offseason to ask.  Didn’t someone locally trot this out last year as well?

5. I think I wonder what the enlightened players in the Patriots’ locker room, particularly those like Devin McCourty who do a lot of work with social causes and the Players Coalition, really think of owner Robert Kraft cozying up to President Trump.

6. I think I get that Kraft is trying to moderate Trump—and he really is—but the optics of him dining with Trump have to reverberate in his locker room. And I get that Kraft has done a load of good things recently in the wake of the day spa fiasco in south Florida. He’s on the right side of sentencing reform. He’s been very supportive of linebacker Elandon Roberts after his incident with police this offseason. All that’s good. I just wonder what the players really think of Kraft’s ties to Trump.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Oh goody, Fatty fan-boying over James Holzhauer.

I liked the guy (😬 smile and all) too, but c’mon

NASCL
    Participant

Not much diversity when it comes to King’s hostages work crew yet he lectures on the Rooney Rule every January.

Fraud’s fraud.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

So Pete says that Kraft is trying to ‘moderate’ Trump – “he really is!” – yet doesn’t expect Kraft to then have to actually spend time with Trump in order to ‘moderate’ him?

Humphrey
    Participant

I just don’t see “blowing it up” reaping the type of benefits that the Yanks got in 2016. At all

First of all, I don’t see them not taking a legitimate run at signing Betts. Doesn’t make any sense if you’re a team with the Red Sox’ resources not to do that.

Then, there’s JD. It’s my understanding that if a team acquired Martinez he’d have the opt out with that team? I kind of think that restricts the number of suitors and/or the attractiveness of the offer.

The rest of the cast that could be dealt is for the most part JAGs that aren’t going to yield much and/or somewhat more talented guys that are having horrible years (like Porcello).

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Well, if this is him stabilizing Trump congrats on a job…….done?

1 user thanked author for this post.

Suzy
    Participant

Of all the stupid/shitty things Fatty writes, “You go, _______!” is the douche-chilliest

If I’m LeBetard and I read that, I cringe in disgust and look away from my computer. If I was ever on the receiving end of that in person- if Peter King ever shouted that to me across a room, or god help me up close– I’d swallow my fucking tongue

:lol: :lol:

Lebron
    Participant

Miller, suddenly 30,

So Von Miller lives on a different time continuum than everyone and everything?

Lebron
    Participant

Just a gut feeling here: Miller’s smart; he majored in Poultry Sciences at Texas A&M and has a big chicken/turkey production facility in Texas. He had a good presence at the Kentucky Derby doing TV for NBC with Dylan Dreyer on the network’s pre-race show. He gets it, though, that he needs to keep the big thing the big thing.

Miller’s smart because he majored in ‘poultry sciences’ and shockingly invested money.  I have no idea what the tv appearance has to do with anything, what it is he supposedly ‘gets’ and what the ‘big thing’ is.

jforb
    Participant

Miller, suddenly 30,

So Von Miller lives on a different time continuum than everyone and everything?

Frankly I would have guessed he was way over 30.

Lefty

Well, if this is him stabilizing Trump congrats on a job…….done?

Kraft has clearly ended all the rhetoric about Trump, Danny.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I feel sick to my stomach even reading second-hand the thoughts of that clueless, corpulent prick.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

He really wonders, but has no plans on visiting Foxborough this offseason to ask. Didn’t someone locally trot this out last year as well?

To go on a tangent about things trotted out last year, I was trying to find some information about Cian Fahey’s Patreon account yesterday. On the first page of search was an article about his “preposterous” QB rankings. I wasn’t surprised by that, since he tweeted out something ridiculous last week. I closer at the search results and saw the article was from 2018, so it appears Cian decided to repeat his attention seeking behavior this year. I don’t know if it was effective, because his twitter account, which was active last week, has been deleted.

I did find his Patreon account (under just “Cian” on Patreon) and he currently has 302 subscribers. There are 3 payment levels for his work, $2, $3, and $10. I assume these are monthly charges, so under the best case scenario, he’s grossing just over $3000 per month. I don’t know what else he’s doing for work but that’s not much on an annual basis. Certainly much less than ESPN was paying him.

Also on the “That’s a shame” spectrum: Last week Kacsmar sent out a tweet looking for work covering the NFL. I know there’s a reason why he held off looking for a job for a while, but wondering if any media outlet that covers the NFL needs help just before training camps open is not great timing. Also, I’m not great at predictions, but I think this season will go by and no one will say “I really missed Scott’s take on things.”

That week 3 or 4 writeup will be something like: he bullied the cornerback off the line then broke the play that keeps fellow AFC West teams at arm’s length.

Thanks to the punishing Hill, the Chiefs have a stranglehold on the division. 

5 users thanked author for this post.

Suzy
    Participant

He really wonders, but has no plans on visiting Foxborough this offseason to ask. Didn’t someone locally trot this out last year as well?

Also on the “That’s a shame” spectrum: Last week Kacsmar sent out a tweet looking for work covering the NFL. I know there’s a reason why he held off looking for a job for a while, but wondering if any media outlet that covers the NFL needs help just before training camps open is not great timing. Also, I’m not great at predictions, but I think this season will go by and no one will say “I really missed Scott’s take on things.”

Not that these things preclude him from a mediot position by any means, but the guy offers nothing and brings nothing to the table. Just a shitty writer and apparently, human being. Plus, a gigantic pussy and all-around loser. Keep begging for work, dummy.

Lebron
    Participant

Maybe Hubbuch’s restaurant is hiring.

Suzy
    Participant

I feel sick to my stomach even reading second-hand the thoughts of that clueless, corpulent prick.

I hear you, King. He’s nauseating.

A fraud’s fraud. No one comes close.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar