Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 7/22/19 – 7/28/19 Weekly Thread – Training Camp Opens

This topic contains 162 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Lefty 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 163 total)
  • Author

GusChiggins
    Participant

Miller, suddenly 30,

So Von Miller lives on a different time continuum than everyone and everything?

You can’t bribe Farhertime. Unless you are Tom Brady and the Pats are paying you under the table.

2 users thanked author for this post.

isn’t Fatty essentially banned from Foxboro?

He wrote that he and Belichick haven’t spoken since 2007, which when you think about it is a pretty long fucking time.

I have nothing to support this theory, but I believe Belichick was done with Fatty the moment he wrote that Belichick dishonored the memory of his father.

Lebron
    Participant

I also don’t think subsequent stuff like the ‘arrogance’ of 4th and 2 or ‘the Colts never really trusted that the locker rooms in Foxboro weren’t bugged’ helped either.  Especially the bugging of the locker rooms bullshit.

If I remember correctly the dishonoring his father’s legacy was in one of those peak Pete arrogance sections where he assumes the role of the person he’s shaming and says this is exactly what you should do and say.  And he always adds “I will accept whatever punishment I am given and I won’t say a word unless it’s to ask for further punishment because I’m so disgusted with myself and the awful hideous things I’ve done and the commissioner is so kind and beneficent however I deserve further sanction.”  So it’s bad enough when someone tells you what you should say or how you should act, but then invoke the dishonoring my father’s legacy bit and Pete’s lucky Bill has simply ignored him rather than flat out punch him in the face.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

I love how Michel on PUP and Edelman in a thumb brace means we’re all gonna die.  Meanwhile Hopkins and known recluse JJ Watt are on PUP and it’s all systems go on the brink of the cusp of the edge of the precipice in Houston.

7 users thanked author for this post.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Miller, suddenly 30,

So Von Miller lives on a different time continuum than everyone and everything?

His time continuum is two seconds faster than ours, which explains the 2015 AFCC.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Participant

I really hope the Browns shit all over themselves this year….

Suzy
    Participant

I also don’t think subsequent stuff like the ‘arrogance’ of 4th and 2 or ‘the Colts never really trusted that the locker rooms in Foxboro weren’t bugged’ helped either. Especially the bugging of the locker rooms bullshit.

If I remember correctly the dishonoring his father’s legacy was in one of those peak Pete arrogance sections where he assumes the role of the person he’s shaming and says this is exactly what you should do and say. And he always adds “I will accept whatever punishment I am given and I won’t say a word unless it’s to ask for further punishment because I’m so disgusted with myself and the awful hideous things I’ve done and the commissioner is so kind and beneficent however I deserve further sanction.” So it’s bad enough when someone tells you what you should say or how you should act, but then invoke the dishonoring my father’s legacy bit and Pete’s lucky Bill has simply ignored him rather than flat out punch him in the face.

Seriously, how fucking dare he.

This asshole and his sense of entitlement. There are no words.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

I really hope the Browns shit all over themselves this year….

Yeah this Baker Mayfield needs to get Jim Burt/Leonard Marshall hits on Montana level spiked into the ground.

I also don’t think subsequent stuff like the ‘arrogance’ of 4th and 2 or ‘the Colts never really trusted that the locker rooms in Foxboro weren’t bugged’ helped either. Especially the bugging of the locker rooms bullshit.

If I remember correctly the dishonoring his father’s legacy was in one of those peak Pete arrogance sections where he assumes the role of the person he’s shaming and says this is exactly what you should do and say. And he always adds “I will accept whatever punishment I am given and I won’t say a word unless it’s to ask for further punishment because I’m so disgusted with myself and the awful hideous things I’ve done and the commissioner is so kind and beneficent however I deserve further sanction.” So it’s bad enough when someone tells you what you should say or how you should act, but then invoke the dishonoring my father’s legacy bit and Pete’s lucky Bill has simply ignored him rather than flat out punch him in the face.

You nailed it. I can’t repost it enough. It really captures the presumptuous arrogance of the guy:

I accept without protest the penalties Commissioner Goodell has imposed on me today, and I will not challenge them in any way. I appreciate the work the commissioner is doing to keep football the greatest game in this country, and I’m sorry I have dishonored the game the way I have.
    This is not a time to say how much I know about what other teams do to bend the rules by spying, or to say it’s wrong to punish me so severely. This is the time for me to take my medicine, admit I was wrong, and apologize to everyone involved. I apologize to the owner of the Patriots, Robert Kraft, who has given me every possible resource I need to win and does not deserve the black eye I have brought to this franchise. I apologize to the players, past and present, who have contributed to the tradition of greatness that has been established here this decade. They have achieved their victories fair and square, and they should not have their triumphs tarnished by the actions of one man.
    I also apologize to the game of football. It’s a great game, one I’ve cherished and studied for 50 years, since my father, a coach at the Naval Academy, took me under his wing and taught me everything about the game. Generations of children have grown up being taught lessons by the game of football, and all the lessons are good ones.
    One of the lessons is that there are no shortcuts to success in football, which is also true in life. By my actions, I violated that basic tenet of the greatest game I know — the fact that you succeed in football through hard work and dedication. You should not succeed through any illicit means. It pains me to know that youth coaches and high school coaches and professional coaches — many of whom have written to me or visited our team or held me up as an example of how to coach — now know that I authorized an underhanded way of trying to compete with the opposition, instead of the fair-and-square path my father raised me to follow.
    Don’t go looking for a trail of blame to lay here. I am the one who authorized the videotaping of other teams’ defensive coaches, so we could get an edge. Blame me. This is such a competitive game that my competitive side got the better of me. But that is no excuse. One of the things that has made football such a great game is the integrity of competition. I crossed the line, and the consequences are bitter ones. But they are fair.
    Words are hollow at a time like this, but I can assure you that for as long as I work in football I will strive to be an example of the good things this game teaches us every day.
    Fatty’s an insufferable prick on his best day. Who would talk to this asshole again after he had the unmitigated gall to write that?

BrianInLA
    Participant

The guy probably thinks he sounds like Hemingway reading that back to himself.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Think Bill has spoken to Tom Jackson yet? Mangini? Guy knows how to hold a grudge, lemme tell ya. Totally justified.

The best end for PK is to fall into a pigpen and be knocked unconscious, and be slowly consumed by the pigs.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Think Bill has spoken to Tom Jackson yet? Mangini? Guy knows how to hold a grudge, lemme tell ya. Totally justified.

The best end for PK is to fall into a pigpen and be knocked unconscious, and be slowly consumed by the pigs.

Just leaving a pair of stained cargo shots behind.

Lebron
    Participant

That’s far worse than I remembered.  That fucking sanctimonious prick.  He cut and pasted that for his imaginary Kraft blowjob apology too.  What kind of a person writes that and doesn’t at least conclude hey maybe I shouldn’t bring the guy’s late father into it?  Laid it on heavy with the youth football angle too.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

This showed up in my Twitter feed without any context, and it fills me with weird glee. Brings to mind the Ozzy vs. Judy Blume grudge.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

I’m guessing if Captain Kangaroo told you to go fuck yourself there’s more to the story than he was just being an asshole for no reason. I’ve read enough Ellen Barkin on Twitter to guess that she’s at fault.  :lol:

Participant

Image result for Bricktop Bricktop approves.

• This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  02062.
    • This reply was modified 4 weeks, 1 day ago by  02062.

Lefty

Image result for mr wu deadwood

“Peter King….Cocksucka!”

5 users thanked author for this post.

Demaurice Smith made a bad deal for the players last time. Looks like he’s saber rattling to try to get them to believe he’s the fighter that he wasn’t in the last go-round.

That Sherman/Wedge book unintentionally painted a picture of De Smith as only out for De Smith.

Lefty

Mark Sanchez announced his retirement from football today.

That sort of begs the question – do you have to have a career to announce your retirement from it?

Lefty

Any time there was an actual or threatened work stoppage in the NFL in the past, I wanted the owners to crush the players and get the game back on the field as quickly as possible.

Mostly because of Goodell, but also because of the cadre of thanks-dad owners that prop him up, I want the NFL and the ownership group to suffer greatly in whatever labor discussions or actions happen next.

7 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

Mark Sanchez announced his retirement from football today.

That sort of begs the question – do you have to have a career to announce your retirement from it?

Since that means we’ll see it a few thousand times shortly, I’d like to remind everyone that the butt fumble was 80% Wilfork demolishing the line and only 20% Sanchez being an idiot.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

In the end isn’t it always the players saying yeah whatever on Goodell’s power just give us the revenue share?  95% of the players are never effected by Goodell’s rulings.  So long as Smith or anyone else gets them their money on that side of it they’ve always been more than content to sign up for whatever else.  The best part is how they let the owners put in the offset language or whatever else in rookie deals, like the players voting on accepting or rejecting a deal care about what happens to players coming in behind them.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Anybody ever go to one of those Bruins ‘fan fest’ tours they do over the summer? This year one of the stops is the next town over and I might go check it out assuming its not some lame shit-show.

chicowalker
    Participant

Anybody ever go to one of those Bruins ‘fan fest’ tours they do over the summer? This year one of the stops is the next town over and I might go check it out assuming its not some lame shit-show.

if you go, and it sucks, and you want to voice your displeasure about it over your socials :puke:   I can think of a consultant you could contact that could guide you…

Suzy
    Participant

You nailed it. I can’t repost it enough. It really captures the presumptuous arrogance of the guy:

I accept without protest the penalties Commissioner Goodell has imposed on me today, and I will not challenge them in any way. I appreciate the work the commissioner is doing to keep football the greatest game in this country, and I’m sorry I have dishonored the game the way I have.
    This is not a time to say how much I know about what other teams do to bend the rules by spying, or to say it’s wrong to punish me so severely. This is the time for me to take my medicine, admit I was wrong, and apologize to everyone involved. I apologize to the owner of the Patriots, Robert Kraft, who has given me every possible resource I need to win and does not deserve the black eye I have brought to this franchise. I apologize to the players, past and present, who have contributed to the tradition of greatness that has been established here this decade. They have achieved their victories fair and square, and they should not have their triumphs tarnished by the actions of one man.
    I also apologize to the game of football. It’s a great game, one I’ve cherished and studied for 50 years, since my father, a coach at the Naval Academy, took me under his wing and taught me everything about the game. Generations of children have grown up being taught lessons by the game of football, and all the lessons are good ones.
    One of the lessons is that there are no shortcuts to success in football, which is also true in life. By my actions, I violated that basic tenet of the greatest game I know — the fact that you succeed in football through hard work and dedication. You should not succeed through any illicit means. It pains me to know that youth coaches and high school coaches and professional coaches — many of whom have written to me or visited our team or held me up as an example of how to coach — now know that I authorized an underhanded way of trying to compete with the opposition, instead of the fair-and-square path my father raised me to follow.
    Don’t go looking for a trail of blame to lay here. I am the one who authorized the videotaping of other teams’ defensive coaches, so we could get an edge. Blame me. This is such a competitive game that my competitive side got the better of me. But that is no excuse. One of the things that has made football such a great game is the integrity of competition. I crossed the line, and the consequences are bitter ones. But they are fair.
    Words are hollow at a time like this, but I can assure you that for as long as I work in football I will strive to be an example of the good things this game teaches us every day.
    Fatty’s an insufferable prick on his best day. Who would talk to this asshole again after he had the unmitigated gall to write that?

Go fuck yourself is the only proper response. Wow. :blink:

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar