Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 7/22/19 – 7/28/19 Weekly Thread – Training Camp Opens

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 163 total)
  • Author
    Lefty

If they blow this, Sale may lose his mind.

Lebron
    Participant

Curren mentions in his Twitter that Bill is doing some NFL Films thing coming out this fall about the 100 greatest players and 10 greatest coaches.  6 episodes and he does them all.  I recommend checking out Eisen’s Twitter he’s got an 8 minute or so video where he talks about and he gushes about how great Bill is and the conversations and how the players involved were all so honored to have Bill talk to them about their careers from college through the pros.  It sounds like it’s going to be great.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I (occasionally) listen to a Bills podcast with John Murphy (the play by play radio guy) and Steve Tasker.

They got to talking about the salaries of the 90s as compared to now.  Tasker was never much of a WR (IMO), but a hell of a special teams player, with multiple pro bowls.  His best salary year was a gnats ass over a million dollars.  Today, he’d be in the 4.5-5 mill a year range.  I guess a rising tide does lift all boats, even if most of the attention is on those 20+ million dollar guys.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Coma
    Participant

That’s the 2nd place, 10 games over .500 Red Sox to you, bub!

NASCL
    Participant

The Depressed Zookeeper thinks Cape Cod will never recover from sharks and tornadoes and you’re a fool if you don’t immediately sell your real estate there.

Feejis
    Participant

I (occasionally) listen to a Bills podcast with John Murphy (the play by play radio guy) and Steve Tasker.

They got to talking about the salaries of the 90s as compared to now. Tasker was never much of a WR (IMO), but a hell of a special teams player, with multiple pro bowls. His best salary year was a gnats ass over a million dollars. Today, he’d be in the 4.5-5 mill a year range. I guess a rising tide does lift all boats, even if most of the attention is on those 20+ million dollar guys.

$4-5m? Slater signed a 2 year deal before last season that paid him $1.6 and $2m (including bonuses) plus a $1m signing bonus.

Lefty

They got to talking about the salaries of the 90s as compared to now. Tasker was never much of a WR (IMO), but a hell of a special teams player, with multiple pro bowls. His best salary year was a gnats ass over a million dollars. Today, he’d be in the 4.5-5 mill a year range. I guess a rising tide does lift all boats, even if most of the attention is on those 20+ million dollar guys.

$4-5m? Slater signed a 2 year deal before last season that paid him $1.6 and $2m (including bonuses) plus a $1m signing bonus.

Yeah, but Buffalo would have paid him $4.5M and finished third in the division, unable to pay other guys.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Since there’s nothing to talk about let’s gin up controversy about Brady’s contract and how BB would like to stick it to him.

Diabeetle was all over this like a free buffet.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

The Depressed Zookeeper thinks Cape Cod will never recover from sharks and tornadoes and you’re a fool if you don’t immediately sell your real estate there.

It’s “uninhabitable” in the winter.

jforb
    Participant

It’s “uninhabitable” in the winter.

If only he had any influence and I could take advantage.

jforb
    Participant

Also, apparently happy 2 year anniversary

Lebron
    Participant

Sharks and tornadoes, didn’t they make a movie out of that?

Lebron
    Participant

I wish Bill opened with “Tom has to jump better, Viv has to jump better, I’ve got to coach better”

5 users thanked author for this post.
    Nashua Dad
    Participant

Since there’s nothing to talk about let’s gin up controversy about Brady’s contract and how BB would like to stick it to him.

According to the headline I saw this is a Curran driven story.

Participant

According to the headline I saw this is a Curran driven story.

The Red Sox have truck day, the Patriots have TEC and his station trying to drum up clicks every summer.

Lebron
    Participant

Looking for a raise, Jacksonville Jaguars defensive back Jalen Ramsey showed up at training camp in an armored bank truck Wednesday.

Hey Bill, do you think the Jaguars could pose a challenge in the AFC?

7 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Apparently it was Rutger Hauer’s time to die.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Did C. Thomas Howell run him over and shoot him 25 times?

Lebron
    Participant

Did C. Thomas Howell run him over and shoot him 25 times?

Jennifer Jason Leigh was torn up about it.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    NASCL
    Participant

I’m convinced Jennifer Jason Leigh, Lea Thompson and Rebecca Shue are the same person.

Lebron
    Participant

Elisabeth Shue?

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

75…I would have said at least 10 years younger.

C. Thomas Howell had a nice guest role on a couple of three episodes of the last season of Bosch.

Feejis
    Participant

Elisabeth Shue?

Andrew Shue! Melrose Place. LA Galaxy!

Lebron
    Participant

Sounds like Angel Hernandez made a pig’s breakfast out of today’s game.

jforb
    Participant

Sounds like Angel Hernandez made a pig’s breakfast out of today’s game.

The hell? Normally I remember it’s a day game when I go to BCD and see a scoreboard but there wasn’t a mention all afternoon.

They might actually win this protest.

Radio announcers were dreading this game last night because of Hernandez.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by jforb.
Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 163 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar