Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 7/22/19 – 7/28/19 Weekly Thread – Training Camp Opens

This topic contains 162 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Lefty 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 163 total)
  • Author

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

Take your “Elizabeth Shue is not a singular pillar of 80s excellence” takes elsewhere my good man.  The nerve of grouping her with those wannabes!  Not a single lady in the world I’d rather play skeeball with in 1983.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Humphrey
    Participant

I can follow what happened in the box score, how did Angel fuck up besides it taking forever to figure it out?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Curren mentions in his Twitter that Bill is doing some NFL Films thing coming out this fall about the 100 greatest players and 10 greatest coaches. 6 episodes and he does them all. I recommend checking out Eisen’s Twitter he’s got an 8 minute or so video where he talks about and he gushes about how great Bill is and the conversations and how the players involved were all so honored to have Bill talk to them about their careers from college through the pros. It sounds like it’s going to be great.

From YouTube:

Sounds like Bill had a great time.

Lebron
    Participant

I’m guessing it’s the batting order but he took almost half an hour to figure it out.  That’s absurd.

Ironically ESPN was showing highlights the other day from a Mets-Reds game in ’86 where the Mets kept switching Jesse Orosco and Roger McDowell between pitching and right field.

Participant

Why is Collinsworth involved in that program?

Lebron
    Participant

Traded a PFF membership for a spot on the show.

Lefty

I never listen to local sports talk.  In the car to pick up one of my kids and EEI was still on from this afternoon’s Sox game .

Mutt and Ben Volin (I think) were on.  Let that soak in.   Mutt and Ben Volin.   Theme for the night?   Brady and BB are feuding, since no Brady extension yet and now, Edelman and BB are feuding since Edelman went in the non-football injury list today.  So, Coach is fighting with his QB and #1 receiver.

Jesus Christ.   How can anyone listens to this obviously made up garbage?

6 users thanked author for this post.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Jesus Christ. How can anyone listens to this obviously made up garbage?

Nobody is listening. Which is their problem.

3 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

speaking of, caught a little bit of the Gresh show the other night.  he was interviewing Cat Mobley, and asked him if there was anything about his playing days he’d do different knowing what he knows now…Cat said he didn’t always take care of himself (diet, sleep) early on. that segued into the types of things available to athletes now (hyperbaric chambers, etc) Gresh then excitedly offered “Back when we were at URI, our coaches would *insert some old school nonsense that was likely made up”  there was a pregnant pause followed by Cat just saying “yeah” I’m convinced the pause was Cat thinking “Do I remember this guy? and he is saying he was an athlete?” :lol:  

speaking of, no way we’re low rent in RI, nope, not possible

jforb
    Participant

Flipping channels the other day, passed by a Big3 game. Mobley was in it, had to stop and triple check his age, looked about 70. Glen Davis too, looked to eat about 70 burgers a day. And the quality looked like any of your pickups teams might stand a chance.

Lebron
    Participant

Yeah when that Big 3 was first introduced it was kind of fun to spot/recognize the players, now it’s just mostly sad.

BrianInLA
    Participant

speaking of, caught a little bit of the Gresh show the other night. he was interviewing Cat Mobley, and asked him if there was anything about his playing days he’d do different knowing what he knows now…Cat said he didn’t always take care of himself (diet, sleep) early on. that segued into the types of things available to athletes now (hyperbaric chambers, etc) Gresh then excitedly offered “Back when we were at URI, our coaches would *insert some old school nonsense that was likely made up” there was a pregnant pause followed by Cat just saying “yeah” I’m convinced the pause was Cat thinking “Do I remember this guy? and he is saying he was an athlete?” :lol:

speaking of, no way we’re low rent in RI, nope, not possible

I do not miss the east coast.

chicowalker
    Participant

Yeah, this is depressing.  Jason Terry looks like he’s 100

https://big3.com/players/

NASCL
    Participant

Already a big day for the Patriots.  Steelers extended Tomlin another year.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Chris Anderson now has tattoos on his tattoos :blink:

How does Stephen Jackson look older than George Gervin?

Feejis
    Participant

Those guys get paid like $10k per game so why wouldn’t you do it if asked?

Lebron
    Participant

They can’t get Josh Childress’s afro in the picture.

I can’t believe anyone can put up with Rick Barry for more than 2 minutes.

chicowalker
    Participant

You know he takes it way too seriously.  Does he diagram those “quick-clear” half court plays where it’s  basically a touch pass back from the guy behind the line back to the guy who got the rebound? Catch them off guard!

jforb
    Participant

That was actually the second one I watched a minute of. First one was a couple weeks ago. It’s first to 50, win by 2. Team was up like 49-38 and they just were chucking wild shots until it got to 49-47 before they made one. How could you not go for a dunk or something?

Lebron
    Participant

There’s some other league that had Aaron Craft playing, full blown douchebag extraordinaire from Brohio St.  Naturally Breer loved him.  So tough.  Of course Dan Dakich loves him because he’s a conference hardo.  Yeah if he’s so great and tough why is he mired in some made for tv league?

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Cuttino Mobley looks like a guy confused by his Medicare Part B options.

Humphrey
    Participant

Don’t know how old you are…but I can assure you Johnny Most’s anti-Rick Barry rants were among his best

Yahtzee
    Participant

Greg Oden looks handsome as ever.

Was today the running of the jorts?

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Greg Oden looks handsome as ever.

Was today the running of the jorts?

Participant

Don’t know how old you are…but I can assure you Johnny Most’s anti-Rick Barry rants were among his best

Rick used to do the games with Bill Russell

No idea if this is true or not but supposedly Barry made a remark that the weight of the retired number banner could cause the Garden’s roof to collapse.

Russ’s response was that the championship banners were a counter weight.

Probably made up, but I choose to believe it.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar