Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 7/22/19 – 7/28/19 Weekly Thread – Training Camp Opens

This topic contains 162 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Lefty 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 163 total)
  • Author

Lebron
    Participant

Barry made the ‘watermelon grin’ comment to Russell during the ’81 Finals.  Bill was none too pleased.  Later Barry claimed he didn’t realize what he said was inappropriate.  Then one of his kids got drafted by the Celtics but bitched he way in to a trade.  That family blows.

2 users thanked author for this post.

BrianInLA
    Participant

They can’t get Josh Childress’s afro in the picture.

I can’t believe anyone can put up with Rick Barry for more than 2 minutes.

Don’t know how old you are…but I can assure you Johnny Most’s anti-Rick Barry rants were among his best

Most is still the only guy I’ve ever turned off the tv audio so I could listen on the radio on a regular basis. That guy was amazing and at times you could swear you were watching a different game.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Baker Mayfield is one of those assholes that has an opinion on everyone and everything.

Coma
    Participant

I don’t know if the “Bedard applies for a job with the Patriots scouting/personnel department” story is true, but it will be hard to beat that as the best Patriots related story of training camp/preseason.

I get that, as the kids say, you’ve got to shoot your shot, but that would be some enormous chutzpah by AAC. I kind of hope it’s true and Craig gets the job, just to see him quit within 2 months because it’s too demanding and his brilliant ideas aren’t being implemented.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Feejis
    Participant

If Bill hired Bedard in a football related capacity I’m 99% certain I’d stop being a fan.

3 users thanked author for this post.

BrianInLA
    Participant
    Since earned runs became official in 1913, Masahiro Tanaka’s 12 ER are the most ever by any Yankees pitcher against the Red Sox.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Did Tanaka sleep with Boone’s wife or something?

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Baker Mayfield is one of those assholes that has an opinion on everyone and everything.

Future Media Member?

Lebron
    Participant

Did Tanaka sleep with Boone’s wife or something?

Boone’s guys were real savages tonight

Participant

Brady’s taking a day off – expect a tsunami of shoe peeing.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I’m guessing he won’t even make the team this year, but I love the WTF conversion of Etling to receiver for the randomness of it. Despite his 86 yard run last year in preseason I wasn’t aware he was considered any kind of athletic QB. Perhaps I was profiling him. :lol:

Yahtzee
    Participant

For the 1.2 who care, insanity at Le Tour de France right now.  They had to stop the race because a freak hail storm dropped snow like quantities of icy melt on the road.  They stopped the stage at the top of an enormous mountain . . . which cost the Frenchman the yellow jersey, and he’s particularly good at descents and lost all ability to make up time. French haven’t won in about 40 years.  They will go crazy.

Lebron
    Participant

Yeah I was watching it.  That was fucking nuts.  I couldn’t believe when the remote guy announced they were stopping the stage.  But no way could they have gone through that area, the hail and debris on the road would have killed people.

I don’t think Allephilippe (sp) was really expected to hold the lead but he had done a hell of a job defending.

Lebron
    Participant

Also there was still another climb left so he might have lost more time as Bernal was in full attack mode.

NASCL
    Participant

The board is more into the Le Tour than the Red Sox.

Lebron
    Participant

Saw some stat where the Red Sox have scored 51 more runs at this point in the season than they did last year.  Highlights the pitching difference.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Its across the entire league actually because of the ball. They mentioned last night where the total OPS of all of major league baseball including the pitchers batting was something like .810 this season and compared it to both Jeter and Larkin who’s career numbers are right around that total. Basically saying that all of MLB collectively is hitting like a hall of famer this season. It was some odd comparison like that where Smoltz was waxing poetic for what seemed two innings.

I play in several cash fantasy MLB leagues and this season has been as close to watching softball stats as I’ve ever seen in my life. The team I was playing against last night hit something like 9 home runs which used to be an entire week.

Lebron
    Participant

9 in one night is pretty bananas from my recollection of fantasy.  Must have had Nelson Cruz.

Jets seem to have re-ignited the ‘winning the offseason’ stuff with Bell running the conditioning test twice just because and their first round pick Quinnen Williams just youtubes workouts rather than hiring a trainer and ‘crushed’ his conditioning test according to freaky looking Gase.

Coma
    Participant

The board is more into the Le Tour than the Red Sox.

It all comes back to cycling, Etienne.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

Saw some stat where the Red Sox have scored 51 more runs at this point in the season than they did last year. Highlights the pitching difference.

Putting up 19 runs in one game helps, but the Sox have scored the most runs of any team in MLB as of today. To your point, allowing 62 more runs than the Yankees and 130 more than Tampa Bay is why they are only 10 games over .500 and 10 games out of first.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

I only see these names because Ironhead follows them on Twitter, but I have no idea who they are. Who are Dave Cullinane and Rich Mandarin and why are they kind of sort of feuding? And why is there a second Rich Mandarin?

Coma
    Participant

I’m guessing he won’t even make the team this year, but I love the WTF conversion of Etling to receiver for the randomness of it. Despite his 86 yard run last year in preseason I wasn’t aware he was considered any kind of athletic QB. Perhaps I was profiling him. :lol:

Maybe it’s just a few lunatics on twitter or calling the local radio shows, but I don’t see how trying Etling at receiver is a reason for any concern. At all. Etling was a 7th round pick who was waived at the end of the preseason last year and spent the year on the practice squad. Maybe he spends another year on the PS before he’s able to contribute in 2020. Maybe he gets waived this year and his career is over. Whatever happens, there are 12 other wide receivers on the roster so the team’s success is not hinging on whether a 7th round conversion project makes it or not.

Feejis
    Participant

Maybe it’s just a few lunatics on twitter or calling the local radio shows, but I don’t see how trying Etling at receiver is a reason for any concern. At all. Etling was a 7th round pick who was waived at the end of the preseason last year and spent the year on the practice squad. Maybe he spends another year on the PS before he’s able to contribute in 2020. Maybe he gets waived this year and his career is over. Whatever happens, there are 12 other wide receivers on the roster so the team’s success is not hinging on whether a 7th round conversion project makes it or not.

Curran wants them to cut him and sign some street free agent prick who will he cut in 3 weeks for some reason.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Great line from Paxton tonight. 4 ip, 9 k, 0 bb, 4 hr, 7 er. Welcome to MLB 2019. Yankees starting pitching is terrible all of a sudden. This is six straight games where the starter got shelled.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Perillo’s face tan on All Access tonight was the funniest thing I’ve seen in quite some time…  :lol:

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar