Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 7/22/19 – 7/28/19 Weekly Thread – Training Camp Opens

This topic contains 162 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  Lefty 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 151 through 163 (of 163 total)
  • Author

Nashua Dad
    Participant

I’m guessing he won’t even make the team this year, but I love the WTF conversion of Etling to receiver for the randomness of it. Despite his 86 yard run last year in preseason I wasn’t aware he was considered any kind of athletic QB. Perhaps I was profiling him. :lol:

Maybe it’s just a few lunatics on twitter or calling the local radio shows, but I don’t see how trying Etling at receiver is a reason for any concern. At all. Etling was a 7th round pick who was waived at the end of the preseason last year and spent the year on the practice squad. Maybe he spends another year on the PS before he’s able to contribute in 2020. Maybe he gets waived this year and his career is over. Whatever happens, there are 12 other wide receivers on the roster so the team’s success is not hinging on whether a 7th round conversion project makes it or not.

Curran wants them to cut him and sign some street free agent prick who will he cut in 3 weeks for some reason.

Probably comes down to Curran being smarter than BB.

Lebron
    Participant

Screw Boone and Cashman.  They think they can mash their way through the playoffs and the pitching won’t matter.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Screw Boone and Cashman. They think they can mash their way through the playoffs and the pitching won’t matter.

That was a fun game.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Patriots have a player in camp named Jakobi Meyers.  I do hope his middle initial is “N.” :smile:

He should meet Better Call Sol (Wilcotts) or Morgan (Stanley) & Morgan (Cox). :smile:

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Can we agree that this is the most Bob Ryan headline ever?

“I remember the good old days of baseball, but I’m worried about its future.”

Lebron
    Participant

Willie interviews with Bill and Brady today were good

2 users thanked author for this post.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Advance look at Shank’s Sunday Globe stop-the-presses entry:

September 10, 1978. A Day Which Will Live in Infamy.

That’s the day that old-school manager Don Zimmer passed over both his long-haired nemesis, Bill Lee, and Luis Tiant, who if he wasn’t El Tiante any longer at age 37 (oh, how young that sounds in the days of 42-year old quarterbacks), at least had some wins against the Bombers on his resume that should, but has yet to, gain him entrance into the Hall of Fame.

Instead, Zimmer put forth one Robert John “Bobby” Sprowl, the pride of Sandusky, Ohio and more recently a promising left-handed pitcher in the AA Eastern League to stunch the previous three-games’ worth of hardball carnage.

Sprowl, young, nervous and in a worse spot that the crew of Apollo 13, took the ball and spit the bit. Boos rained down when Sprowl allowed the Yankees to score in the first. By the time the final, **have intern insert score **, was in the history books, The Boston Massacre was being shouted by the modern-day Paul Reveres.

Today, the Sox have an opportunity for revenge. The first place Yankees are just one loss away from a sweep at Fenway. As in oh-four. Zero wins, Bombers.

How sweet would that be? Finally, the Red Sox will emerge victorious, winning it not only for Yaz and Dewey but for Dick Drago and Jack “The Hammer” Brohamer.

Obviously, the Red Sox have had some success in recent seasons. But honestly, until something REALLY important to those of us who were 25 or so in 1978 happens will there be fresh air and a sense of justice wafting through it.

Three down. One to go. Destiny awaits.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Willie interviews with Bill and Brady today were good

Bill gave Willie stuff he never would have given to Volin, AAC and the bottom-feeding, hot-taking local scrubs. :wub:

It’s so clear he doesn’t respect them. :smile:

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Willie asked good questions about the defense namely if Bill was going to be more involved with the departure of 3 guys from the staff.  Those other douchebags would be asking about Brady’s contract and why he didn’t practice yesterday and if he’s called Gronkowski and oh my god Michel is on PUP.

Lebron
    Participant

If that column is real surprising he didn’t go with Apollo 1 instead of 13.

I always hate the Sprowl stuff.  Had 3 starts and pitched decently in 2 of them, I think the bullpen blew leads in his 2 non Yankee starts.  Tiant would have been going on 3 days rest in that game and Lee had lost like 7 starts in a row before calling Zimmer a gerbil and the sold his drug buddy Carbo.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Mittens has yet ANOTHER Caserio piece “On Football” today, noting that Caserio hasn’t ruled out leaving for the Texans’ GM job when his contract expires next April.

On the other hand, Caserio may decide to stay in New England, a much more stable situation (and he has lived/raised his family here since, when?, 2001?). He’ll weigh his options and do what’s best for himself and his family.

My opinion is that Mitts is still covering his tracks for his widely criticized piece of a few weeks ago in which he claimed that Caserio is unhappy that Mean Old Bill and Creepy Old Bob torpedoed Easterby’s overtures to finally, finally have the title of general manager of an NFL team.

But whether I’m right or wrong about that, you can’t get analysis like what’s in the first two paragraphs of this post just anywhere, folks.

Coma
    Participant

I was in a Best Buy yesterday and saw “Backdraft 2” in the movie section. William Baldwin and Donald Sutherland are back for this one, but I think that’s got to be up there with “Slap Shot 2” in terms of least necessary/longest gap between sequels.

Lefty

I was in a Best Buy yesterday and saw “Backdraft 2” in the movie section. William Baldwin and Donald Sutherland are back for this one, but I think that’s got to be up there with “Slap Shot 2” in terms of least necessary/longest gap between sequels.

That title is being reserved for Top Gun 2

Viewing 13 posts - 151 through 163 (of 163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar