Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 7/29/2019 – 8/4/2019 Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 186 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  02062 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 187 total)
  • Author

Yahtzee
    Participant

New and exhilarating start for WEEI this morning.

I particularly liked the fresh jokes about USA Today and breakfast at Hilton Garden Inns.

Oh, and the comment that, at the start of the season, no one could have conceived of Chris Sale losing a game to the Yankees.  Apparently, these people have never watched Red Sox/Yankees before.

Participant

Golly, thanks Sam.

Man, Sam Darnold is impressive for 22—or any age, for that matter. “He’s so fun to work with that I want to hurry to the facility every day to get going with him,” Gase said. When we spoke, Darnold said to me, “I like your podcast. I’ve listened to all the quarterback ones, trying to learn something.”rtin.

chicowalker
    Participant

At Saturday’s practice, by my very unofficial count, I saw 43 Wentz jerseys by the fans invited to the camp workout

Fucking weirdo. What are the odds he told some kid to stay still because he already counted him and didn’t want to mistakenly count him twice?

7 users thanked author for this post.

chicowalker
    Participant

We have a Training Camp Tour song, in the grand tradition of “Shake it Off,” (Swift) and “Shut Up and Dance” (Walk the Moon): “Sweet but Psycho,” by Ava Max. Catchy.

Shake it off and Sweet but Psycho are my 4 year old daughter’s favorite songs.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

We have a Training Camp Tour song, in the grand tradition of “Shake it Off,” (Swift) and “Shut Up and Dance” (Walk the Moon): “Sweet but Psycho,” by Ava Max. Catchy.

Shake it off and Sweet but Psycho are my 4 year old daughter’s favorite songs.

I like them :shrugs:

chicowalker
    Participant

I do too, in context.  A 65 year old lump of cheese being driven around by his younger, female captives is the wrong context.

Great cover of shake it off

4 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Re-watching the Soup, it was amazing watching how effective they were against the Rams setting up play action, and they didn’t do it often.  I can see them getting some long plays if N’Keal is any kind of a deep route runner.  Brady spoke over the weekend about how he had to work on deep balls because guys run so fast that he has to air it out farther, so got me thinking that play action is going to be big this year.

And I’m pretty sure Adam Gase is as big of a fucking weirdo as Pete.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I still can’t believe that Brady let that weird fuck Fatty into his house in Montana/Idaho a couple of years ago.

Of course, maybe he made sure that Gisele and the kids were safely off the premises (maybe in some warmer climate) and that he only allowed Fatty access to one of the out-buildings on his compound. And then maybe he had the furniture burned and the building fumigated and repainted and the plumbing replaced. Or, better yet, he had the building blown to smithereens, Three Rivers Stadium-style, by his crack corps of TB12 demolition experts. Then had the site remediated to erase all trace of McButterpantsian cooties.

:smile: :lol:

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Pete really pimping NBC with his mention that he barely gets to watch tv now – it’s his busy season – but mentions ‘NBC night news.’  Also happens to mention good friend Brother John’s daughter going to Notre Dame to play lacrosse.  Suddenly he’s a big Cam Newton fan, because of course Newton decided to talk to him.  Oh and he strong armed another coffee shop, this time to open early.  What a corporate shill shitbag.

4 users thanked author for this post.

NASCL
    Participant

I’d love to know  and applaud every coffee house or restaurant that told King to **** in his hat when asked if they could adjust their hours for him.

jforb
    Participant

Willing to bet they didn’t really open early, just unlocked the doors at 7:59 instead of 8:00 exactly or so. No chance they did any early setup or anything.

Suzy
    Participant

I still can’t believe that Brady let that weird fuck Fatty into his house in Montana/Idaho a couple of years ago.

Of course, maybe he made sure that Gisele and the kids were safely off the premises (maybe in some warmer climate) and that he only allowed Fatty access to one of the out-buildings on his compound. And then maybe he had the furniture burned and the building fumigated and repainted and the plumbing replaced. Or, better yet, he had the building blown to smithereens, Three Rivers Stadium-style, by his crack corps of TB12 demolition experts. Then had the site remediated to erase all trace of McButterpantsian cooties.

:smile:<noscript>:smile:</noscript>:lol:<noscript>:lol:</noscript>

My last hate-filled Fatty post got swallowed up. :ozzy:

Basically & all kidding aside, this has always bugged me, too. Like there was no worthier candidate for super exclusive access than flaming, entitled, Goodell-ass-kissing cunt and known ignoramus Fatty. WTF.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I’d love to know and applaud every coffee house or restaurant that told King to **** in his hat when asked if they could adjust their hours for him.

I’m not following the dining scene/situation that closely, but perhaps an introduction could be arranged between Pete and the proprietor of that new North End bistro that has all of Boston a-buzzing. Hilarity would ensue!!

jforb
    Participant

Practices were a little boring, but this is the new normal.

Imagine how much better they’d be if AAC was given a chance to run them.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

I’d love to know and applaud every coffee house or restaurant that told King to **** in his hat when asked if they could adjust their hours for him.

I’m not following the dining scene/situation that closely, but perhaps an introduction could be arranged between Pete and the proprietor of that new North End bistro that has all of Boston a-buzzing. Hilarity would ensue!!

I see that meeting going the other way, with them hitting it off and Pete gushing about the restaurant in his column complete with a “You go, ***!”

I think the most positive takeaway from King’s column this week is how terrible he looks in those video clips from the van. He’s never looked great, but he looks older than usual in those videos. Hopefully, that means he’s on the Reaper’s calendar. Or maybe he’ll catch whatever Dr. Z had.

In a step forward from last week to this week, King isn’t driving while recording his thoughts on training camp. King would have to ice his finger down after wagging it at someone else engaged in such reckless behavior.

To echo what someone wrote last week, I hope one of his three female hostages makes a harassment claim against him. I can believe King saw no flaws in this plan, but no one at NBC Sports saw a potential problem with putting three young women in a van with a creep for a month?

Larry Legend
    Participant

The Bill Brett Micks and Pricks photos are up… and this year’s honoree is Russert widow Maureen Orth.

sweet vans… Lukey

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Larry Legend.

Feejis
    Participant

Old friend Lars Anderson does a pretty good job in his pieces for The Athletic.

I had forgotten about the fact that they had traded him for Rich Harden back in 2011 but Harden failed a physical.

Suzy
    Participant

King would have to ice his finger down after wagging it at someone else engaged in such reckless behavior.

:lol:  

Lefty

Practices were a little boring, but this is the new normal.

Imagine how much better they’d be if AAC was given a chance to run them.

Speaking of which, I see the Athletic passed 500,000 subs recently and claims they will hit 1,000,000.

they say their profit per sub is $64, for anyone who wants to try to figure out what that ratio would mean for AAC’s little venture.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I see that meeting going the other way, with them hitting it off and Pete gushing about the restaurant in his column complete with a “You go, ***!”

I had viewed it as a potential Hitler v. Stalin scenario, but you correctly point out the possibility that it would be more of a Ribbentrop & Molotov scenario. :lol:

Lebron
    Participant

3rd pic the guy second from the left looks like he pissed his pants.

Lime green pants.  You know you have more money than you could ever spend when you have a pair of those.

Lebron
    Participant

The Browns are suddenly loaded. They’re looking sharp at the start of camp—but they know there’s still a season to play. We check in with Cleveland and other training camps around the league.

Bert is such a fucking sap.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

The Browns are suddenly loaded. They’re looking sharp at the start of camp—but they know there’s still a season to play. We check in with Cleveland and other training camps around the league.

Bert is such a fucking sap.

Pauls are a 2020-model wagon, bro. They remind me of 2011 Pokes!

We stopped in Saratoga Springs last Tuesday night on our way back from visiting friends in Frost Class Country (Lake Canandaigua). At dinner, the consensus of the table full of drunk-guys-in-off-the-links-‘cos-the-tracks-were-dark-dammit was that “Cleveland’s on fire this year. They’re the team to beat!” :dry:

Participant
    6 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

It’s being the same guy every day, not really giving a sh– about what’s going on on the outside, setting the expectations, and working for it. Really, taking pride in being a good teammate. … And speaking my mind

Mayfield.  Sounds like he’s going to be a horseshit teammate.  “Speaking my mind” because you know he can’t help himself and he has to let everyone know what he thinks.  Guessing Beckham stabs him in the neck by week 9.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 187 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar