Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 7/29/2019 – 8/4/2019 Weekly Discussion Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 187 total)
  • Author
    Lebron
    Participant

5/100 and 61 guaranteed for Michael Thomas in New Orleans.  Lot of green for a wide receiver.

Lebron
    Participant

I enjoyed Puig getting in a brawl the night he got traded.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Living proof of the old adage If this van’s a-rockin’, don’t come a-knockin’. :smile:  

Horny couple pulls into Sharon, MA, hotel parking lot to slake their passion, make a lot of noise, are told by guests to “get a room,” and respond by jumping out of the car and physically attacking five guests, including stabbing at least three of them. :blink:

Link.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I love watching Puig as Moreland’s three-run pinch homer off Madsen sails deep into the right-field bleachers in Game 4 last year.  He doesn’t move an inch, and doesn’t even turn around. :lol:

Coma
    Participant

Living proof of the old adage If this van’s a-rockin’, don’t come a-knockin’. :smile:

Horny couple pulls into Sharon, MA, hotel parking lot to slake their passion, make a lot of noise, are told by guests to “get a room,” and respond by jumping out of the car and physically attacking five guests, including stabbing at least three of them. :blink:

Link.

That’s a rough look for only 34 years old. The machete attack stuff is also bad.

Feejis
    Participant

That Best Western is right across the street from Mick Morgan’s on route 1. Right at the 95 interchange.

I’ve always thought the Econo Lodge that abuts the restaurant was shadier (from experience working at the bar for years) but yikes.

Lebron
    Participant

Nick Buoniconti won’t be down to film Inside the NFL.  Admittedly he’s on my ‘I swore he was already dead’ list.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I’m old enough to remember the Buoniconti-to-Miami-for-Bull-Bramlett-and-Kim-Hammond trade.  I think it was the First Big Move of the Clive Rush/George Sauer administration.

That worked out well.  For Nick, that is.

BrianInLA
    Participant

That is one bizarre brawl.  The Reds pitcher charges the Pirates dugout after being removed?

https://www.mlb.com/video/reds-pirates-engage-in-fracas

Humphrey
    Participant

I’m old enough to remember the Buoniconti-to-Miami-for-Bull-Bramlett-and-Kim-Hammond trade. I think it was the First Big Move of the Clive Rush/George Sauer administration.

That worked out well. For Nick, that is.

The biggest losers in Soupy 3 might have been the Patriots. They were going to hire the top assistant of whichever team won the game. So, they hired the lunatic Clive Rush from the Jets instead of Chuck Noll from the Colts.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    jforb
    Participant

That is one bizarre brawl. The Reds pitcher charges the Pirates dugout after being removed?

https://www.mlb.com/video/reds-pirates-engage-in-fracas

Or as Coach Bedard described it:
    Patriots Twitter when somebody says something bad about Tom Brady…

Also, why are there 5 day games with a 4PM trade deadline?

Lebron
    Participant

He’s a big sumbitch too.  Everything goes back to teams getting all ass hurt when someone hits a moonshot home run off them and doesn’t get around the bases fast enough for their rule of the unwrittens liking.  And apparently it was the Pirates mad at the Reds for some home run from a series earlier in the season.  So let’s throw a baseball at a guy in the ultimate chickenshit I have a hard ball and you don’t move.

chicowalker
    Participant

is he a 72 Dolphin? if so, good riddance

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Kingasaurus
    Participant

They were going to hire the top assistant of whichever team won the game.

Your post is historically accurate, but this part just shows how dysfunctional and weird Sullivan ownership always was. If you, say, liked Chuck Noll more than Clive Rush before that game, then the outcome of that one game shouldn’t make a difference as to which one you’d hire. A one-game sample can go either way for all sorts of reasons. Funny bounces, penalties, bad calls, guys staying out too late the night before, etc.  It should never be the determining factor on which guy you’re going to hire as HC. Your over-all evaluation of an assistant coach should never come down to just that.

If you were expecting to hire Noll because the Colts were huge favorites, and then hired Rush only because of an enormous upset nobody predicted? That’s bad.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    chicowalker
    Participant

I giggle like an idiot every time I think of that poor motherfucker getting electrocuted at his introductory presser. :lol:

jforb
    Participant

As a #socialmediamarketing consultant #LinkedIn has been the best not so much as a lead generator but more for networking & #collaboration. #smtlive

Shocking that he dicks around on something all day that doesn’t lead to any income.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

They were going to hire the top assistant of whichever team won the game.

Your post is historically accurate, but this part just shows how dysfunctional and weird Sullivan ownership always was. If you, say, liked Chuck Noll more than Clive Rush before that game, then the outcome of that one game shouldn’t make a difference as to which one you’d hire. A one-game sample can go either way for all sorts of reasons. Funny bounces, penalties, bad calls, guys staying out too late the night before, etc. It should never be the determining factor on which guy you’re going to hire as HC. Your over-all evaluation of an assistant coach should never come down to just that.

If you were expecting to hire Noll because the Colts were huge favorites, and then hired Rush only because of an enormous upset nobody predicted? That’s bad.

Absolutely. And the Patriots’ problems ca. 1969-1972 went much, much deeper than who was on the sidelines. We’re not talking the Zayre parking lot, or the East Boston/Logan Airport practice field, but essentially a seat of the pants operation run by a guy (and, to some investors, a rogue) who wasn’t very rich to begin with and whose world view seldom went further west than Chestnut Hill. When they brought Upton Bell aboard in 1971, the enduring good thing he did was to hire their first true player personnel guru, Bucko Kilroy.  Fairbanks, in 1973, totally professionalized the operation. (He hired Perkins who would hire Belichick with the Giants, and Erhardt who would hire Parcells as the Pats’ LB coach, etc.). In the front office, I think Fairbanks brought in Dick Steinberg, too,  and Peter Hadhazy, both smart execs.  Importantly, most of the progress the Pats made as an organization came during the brief time — 1974-1976, or maybe it ended in 1975 — when Bob Marr was team president, not Billy Sullivan. These were the guys who put together that 1976-1977-1978 team. Billy helped to wreck it, especially during the Hannah-Gray holdout.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Feejis
    Participant

The HBO thing on him was pretty interesting. Went to Suffolk Law nights while playing for the Pats then became a big tobacco “cigarettes are good for you” shill.

Participant

Was hoping Uppy Bell was GM during that time – unfortunately he was from  1971-1972 with a distinguished record.

And he wants to question how Robert and Bill go about their business? :lol:

Year Tm Lg Job Title W L T W-L% W plyf L plyf Playoff Result
    1971 New England Patriots NFL General Manager 6 8 0 .429 0 0
    1972 New England Patriots NFL General Manager 3 11 0 .214 0 0
    Total 2 Years 9 19 0 0 0
    New England Patriots 1971-1972 9 19 0 0 0
    Lefty

Apparently, the Red Sox were NOT in on everything.    Yankees either

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Astros get Greinke, I’d like to think the ghost of Steinbrenner is cursing why didn’t we get Greinke.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

When a ‘72 Dolphin dies, does Satan pop a cork?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Wow, this show really is a morning zoo. Car crash bad.

I learned that Gisele and her wealth are tied to Nazi machinations.

Participant

Wow, this show really is a morning zoo. Car crash bad.

I learned that Gisele and her wealth are tied to Nazi machinations.

And Hill man loves him some “Angry Lou”…. :lol:

Big Fat O
    Participant

I don’t know the GMs in this town don’t consult the radio hosts looking for advice since they seem to have all of the answers.

Whos a better expert on football than Diabeetle? No one I can think of .

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 187 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar