Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 7/29/2019 – 8/4/2019 Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 186 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  02062 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 187 total)
  • Author

Special watered-down “centennial class”. What horseshit. So what league sacred cow who didn’t get in the Hall before are they trying to get in now?

2 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

Special watered-down “centennial class”. What horseshit. So what league sacred cow who didn’t get in the Hall before are they trying to get in now?

Dungy gets inducted a second time? Collinsworth goes in as a contributor?

It won’t happen, but after this special class is done, PK and the HOF committee should look at their guidelines to avoid backlogs in the future.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Charlestown 99 Tommy Flores?

Lebron
    Participant

Maybe Seifert too.  Cliff Branch.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Fisk was better.

Lefty

Jesus, he turned on that pitch (grand slam) like he knew what was coming.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Maybe, but I’d give my left nut to get Gino in.

jforb
    Participant

Posnanski:

I’ve often told the story about Tom [Watson] calling me in the office of the Kansas City Star one day, not too long after I started as columnist there. At the time I was writing a silly weekly lists column, one of those places to dump all the scraps, tidbits and one-liners I couldn’t squeeze into any other column. He called me and asked what my goal was in life. Did I want to be a sports columnist or did I want to be a GREAT sports columnist? For Tom, if you’re not trying for greatness, honestly, you’re not trying. I don’t know if I believed it, but I told him, sure, I was going for greatness. “Then stop writing those damn list columns,” he said.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Humphrey
    Participant

I’d have to say there were two unprofessional performances out there today; the umpire (in general, although I didn’t think the missed strike in the 4th inning was that egregious) and Sale (giving up six straight hits afterwards) both have to be singled out.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

The Patriots are going to have our undivided attention this autumn. :lol:

3 users thanked author for this post.

Big Fat O
    Participant

The Patriots are going to have our undivided attention this autumn. :lol:<noscript>&lt;img src=’https://i0.wp.com/bsmw.net/wp-content/plugins/wp-monalisa/icons/laugh.gif?resize=20%2C20′ alt=’:lol:’ width=’20’ height=’20’ class=’wpml_ico’ data-recalc-dims=”1″ /&gt;</noscript>

Absolutely Mike.

Its great all the teams do well but how would the ratings be if everyone sucked? Part of me wants this to happen unfortunately.

Dan
    Participant

Ty Law profusely thanks the PMOW for passionately advocating for him to get into the HoF.  Didn’t think I’d hear Borges’s name ever again.

Lebron
    Participant

Maybe Seifert too. Cliff Branch.

That would now be a posthumous induction for Cliff Branch

Lebron
    Participant

Ed Reed thanking Belichick and his staff was an all timer.  Brother John and Biscotti looked like they just found out their dogs died

Maybe Seifert too. Cliff Branch.

That would now be a posthumous induction for Cliff Branch

Branch will absolutely get in now. He deserved to before anyway, but now the voters will be shamed into it. If there was a HOF equivalent to the competition committee, they’d hold an emergency session and retroactively make him part of the class of ’91.

Lebron
    Participant

Did Ty Law have his cousin induct him?

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Did Ty Law have his cousin induct him?

Indict him would have been more fitting. :rollseyes:

Big Fat O
    Participant

New contract for Brady. Guess BB likes him after all.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Ed Reed thanking Belichick and his staff was an all timer. Brother John and Biscotti looked like they just found out their dogs died

This was one of the greatest things ever.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Talking head types must be pissed about the Brady contract news.  Now they have to scrounge up another hot take topic

jforb
    Participant

They’re paying him too much obviously.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Ed Reed thanking Belichick and his staff was an all timer. Brother John and Biscotti looked like they just found out their dogs died

This was one of the greatest things ever.

As if Bill isn’t already in their head, 24/7/365. :lol:   Reed told a Buffalo newspaper (and Springfield’s MassLive, apparently),  a day or two before the induction ceremony, that he’s campaigning to join Belichick’s staff.  Maybe in 2020, Ed …

With Brady’s extension announced today, it occurred to me that Belichick, health permitting, might want to coach to at least 2022. That would be 23 years, matching Noll’s with the Steelers. And he turns 70 in April 2022.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Don Banks, the veteran football writer who was recently hired by the Review-Journal to cover the NFL, died in his sleep early Sunday morning after attending Hall of Fame ceremonies in Canton, Ohio reviewjournal.com/sports/sports-…

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Over/under on number of words Fatty devotes to his buddy “Donnie Brasco” in tomorrow’s column?

Hacksaw
    Participant

Don Banks, the veteran football writer who was recently hired by the Review-Journal to cover the NFL, died in his sleep early Sunday morning after attending Hall of Fame ceremonies in Canton, Ohio reviewjournal.com/sports/sports-…

Probably steroids.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 187 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar