Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 7/8/2019-7/14/2019 All Star Break Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 167 total)
  • Author
    Lebron
    Participant

They got the Nuggets pick in ‘20 too the other day for Jerami Grant.  Those pick swaps could be great especially the ones 7 years out, not sure what the protections on the first rounders are

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Another surgery for Ortiz. Gut shot is never a good thing.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s waaay down on weight after all this. With as much gut work as they have done, I can’t imagine he’s on much of anything non liquid for food.

Depending on how much intestine was involved, wouldn’t be shocked if he had a feeding tube. Possibly a temporary colostomy bag too.

Shank: ‘a colostomy bag? Isn’t that a sack of you-know-what?’

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

They got the Nuggets pick in ‘20 too the other day for Jerami Grant. Those pick swaps could be great especially the ones 7 years out, not sure what the protections on the first rounders are

RealGM:

The Houston Rockets have acquired Russell Westbrook from the Oklahoma City Thunder for Chris Paul, first round picks in 2024 and 2026 along with pick swaps in 2021 and 2025. The picks in 2024 and 2026 is protected 1-to-4, while the swap in 2021 is protected 1-4 (Thunder can swap Clippers’ pick or Heat Pick) and 1-20 in 2025.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Daryl Morey gets too much credit as a genius, but that’s a good trade for him.  Westbrook may be a prick, but apparently he’s a prick that Harden likes.  They ship out Paul who he didn’t like and had a mondo salary.  And if the whole thing doesn’t work out (sounds like this is a make or break year for him with management)….the pick situation becomes someone else’s problem.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    NASCL
    Participant

Joe Gill is on LinkedIn begging for people to pay his way to some social media thingamajig.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by NASCL.
    Participant

Larry was pretending to be an architect years before Costanza was.

somewhat similarto Baltimore’s Camden Yards, on which PawSox chairman Larry Lucchino and Smith also partnered to design.”

Lebron
    Participant

Daryl Morey gets too much credit as a genius, but that’s a good trade for him. Westbrook may be a prick, but apparently he’s a prick that Harden likes. They ship out Paul who he didn’t like and had a mondo salary. And if the whole thing doesn’t work out (sounds like this is a make or break year for him with management)….the pick situation becomes someone else’s problem.

If anything they had to shake it up, but you still have a lame duck coach in D’Antoni.  By next year at the latest I can see Scotty Brooks coaching there.

Suzy
    Participant

Joe Gill is on LinkedIn begging for people to pay his way to some social media thingamajig.

:lol:

His poor kid, Jesus. He’s gonna grow up thinking the world owes him…everything.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Coma
    Participant

Larry was pretending to be an architect years before Costanza was.

somewhat similarto Baltimore’s Camden Yards, on which PawSox chairman Larry Lucchino and Smith also partnered to design.”

Aren’t all baseball stadiums “somewhat similar?”

Humphrey
    Participant

Ah, Micks and Pricks. The weekend that can make or break a Coppertone’s summer. This and the Edgar and Johnny Winter Family Reunion

Barnicle’s face gets more punchable every year. I think he sucks on a few lemons before every camera/photo opp.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    NASCL
    Participant

Callahan out at ‘EEI.

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by NASCL.
    Yahtzee
    Participant

Callahan out at ‘EEI.

What?!

Suzy
    Participant

Callahan out at ‘EEI.

Details, My Man! Fired, quit, what?

Off to the Twitter!

Lefty

Callahan out at ‘EEI.

The twink population of Florida shudders in fear as Dennis hears the news.

Lefty

Greg Hill to EEI?

Hacksaw
    Participant

Geraldo Rivera is his replacement….

“After we sell some Auto Glass we talk about those scumbag Patriots.”

• This reply was modified 5 months ago by Hacksaw.
    NASCL
    Participant

Has Dale offered some fake heartfelt words about Gerry yet?

RedSeat
    Participant

I’d argue that the world does owe the kid something.

Participant

Think his contract was up in August – glad they made the prick come back in and work 3 days this week before getting rid of him. :lol:

Greg Hill, that’ll get the young kids listening.

That no talent Fitzy is going to end up somewhere in the rotation as well.

Lebron
    Participant

If you wondered how many losers there are in the world you can start with the “this is so unfair!” people.  Jesus H.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    chicowalker
    Participant

:lol: :lol: I really hoped they offered to keep him on if he’d accept Reimer’s salary.

Lebron
    Participant

Greg Hill.  I can’t believe that guy is still around.  Called himself ‘Keg’ Hill like a quarter of a fucking century ago.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

I think this is the first time 40+ year old Joe Gill and “he’s gonna grow up” have been featured in the same sentence.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

If you wondered how many losers there are in the world you can start with the “this is so unfair!” people. Jesus H.

The real losers spell losers loosers. :rollseyes:

Can’t Andy Gresh get another chance around here? :lol:

chicowalker
    Participant

So is WEEI going to be David Price takes mixed in with offspring, Sublime, and other “new” music? :lol:

I’m fucking ecstatic.  I just heard a commercial this week that his brother in law’s concrete company is hiring! KKKs forehead can be used for demo

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 167 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar