Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 7/9/2018 Daily Discussion Thread

This topic contains 31 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Feejis 5 months ago.

Viewing 44 posts - 1 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Yahtzee
    Participant

A new thread; a late start; 4 more boys out of the cave.

Coma
    Participant

I just want the record to reflect that I tried to start a thread around 10:30, but it didn’t pass the quality standards of WordPress.

Coma
    Participant

Today is Joe Sullivan’s last day at the Globe. That’s gotta be worth at least 2 kids outta that cave.

Coma
    Participant

Today is Joe Sullivan’s last day at the Globe. That’s news that has to be on par with at least 2 more kids outta that cave.

Participant

Shank’s magnificent.

“Try to find good baseball conversation. Spend an hour alternating between the Sports Hub and WEEI and take note of how little baseball conversation you hear. Unless there’s yet another caller bashing David Price, the Sox don’t generate much sports talk these days.”  DON’T YOU DO A PAID RADIO GIG ONCE A WEEK?  FIX IT.

Suddenly, he’s Elon Musk

“Baseball has become the sanctuary of senior citizens. Hardcore baseball fans are the same people who have land lines in their home and still read daily newspapers. Anybody seen my Sporting News?”

Yeah, everybody does it.

“A 10-strikeout effort by a starting pitcher is no longer a big deal.”

Who doesn’t enjoy people willing themselves invisible stories?

“There’s not a Wade Boggs or Oil Can Boyd in the bunch.”

Finally, Dan reveals his motivation at the end, they are making his job harder.

“It’s as if they are trained to drain the color from their commentary.”

Meanwhile, LJ had a very productive weekend.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

We should offer free memberships to all the kids trapped in the cave. It would help get us more posts. Those kids got nothing but time.

GusChiggins
    Participant

I’m certainly not up to date on David Price news so maybe I’m missing the genius of that cartoon. Most likely I’m not.

Lebron
    Participant

The idea of the weekly thread as opposed to the daily thread may sadly have become a reality.

Without reading seems Shank misses low hanging fruit like Margo Adams and late returns on videotapes.

Coma
    Participant

Today is Joe Sullivan’s last day at the Globe. That’s news that should be on par with 2 more kids making it out of that cave.

Coma
    Participant

We should offer free memberships to all the kids trapped in the cave. It would help get us more posts. Those kids got nothing but time.

Today is Joe Sullivan’s last day at the Globe. That’s news that should be on par with 2 more kids making it out of that cave.

chicowalker
    Participant

The idea of the weekly thread as opposed to the daily thread may sadly have become a reality. Without reading seems Shank misses low hanging fruit like Margo Adams and late returns on videotapes.

Shank just misses the mid 80s, when he was a relatively young man acting like and old man, rather than just an old man.  Does he still do his 1 mile run?  I’d love to see him and fatty race a mile. :lol:   :ohmy:

Feejis
    Participant

Dan doesn’t like baseball. He just likes people (especially his boss) to think he likes baseball.

Forget baseball. Dan doesn’t like sports.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I kinda like Larry’s David Price cartoon.

jforb
    Participant

The idea of the weekly thread as opposed to the daily thread may sadly have become a reality. Without reading seems Shank misses low hanging fruit like Margo Adams and late returns on videotapes.

Shank just misses the mid 80s, when he was a relatively young man acting like and old man, rather than just an old man. Does he still do his 1 mile run? I’d love to see him and fatty race a mile. 😆 :ohmy:

Think I’d bet on Fatty.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Isn’t Shank the best. He’s made a name for himself basically writing what the talk shows say all day. Maybe once a year he writes a positive column but most of the time he’s shitting on everyone.

He loves negativity just like everyone on the radio. Only the fans like winning.

Coma
    Participant

Today is Joe Sullivan’s last day at the Globe. That news should bring the rest of those kids out of that cave in a hurry.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

It seems like half of Shank’s columns now are now the Picked Up Pieces bit. I will have to see if they are still doing Dan Shaughnessy Watch.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Coma
    Participant

Shank just misses the mid 80s, when he was a relatively young man acting like and old man, rather than just an old man. Does he still do his 1 mile run? I’d love to see him and fatty race a mile. 😆 :ohmy:

Think I’d bet on Fatty.

I’d bet on Shank. As loathsome as he is, I find it easier to believe that he’s actually running than PK.

Of course, I’d be rooting for

Lebron
    Participant

I kinda like Larry’s David Price cartoon.

The idea in general might be fine but as usual the execution is all fucked up.  No wonder he can’t find home plate, one part of home plate is in a cul-de-sac the other is blocking traffic and then on a greenbelt.  He’s holding the phone in his glove hand.  And that’s the best caption he could come up with – Property of David Price.

jforb
    Participant

And the route to home comes from behind the plate.

Doesn’t look much like NY or KC either.

Participant

I’m certainly not up to date on David Price news so maybe I’m missing the genius of that cartoon. Most likely I’m not.

“The Can’s Film Festival” it might be the only thing he ever wrote that made me smirk.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Re. Shank, every time I drive through the Ted Williams Tunnel, I think: “Huh. No one even named a public shithouse after ‘Colonel’ Dave Egan.”

DIAF, CHB …

Participant

It seems like half of Shank’s columns now are now the Picked Up Pieces bit. I will have to see if they are still doing Dan Shaughnessy Watch.

http://danshaughnessy.blogspot.com/

Yahtzee
    Participant

And the route to home comes from behind the plate. Doesn’t look much like NY or KC either.

You guys are too literal.  Larry operates on a higher plane.  Like God wants.

Coma
    Participant

Today is Joe Sullivan’d last day at the Globe. That news should bring the rest of those kids out of the cave in no time.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

The distinctive “LAKERS” all-caps italic typeface that they’ve used on their uniforms since anyone can remember — pre-Wilt, in any case — seems to be beyond Larry as well.

It should be fairly straightforward to trace, too.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

“The Can’s Film Festival” it might be the only thing he ever wrote that made me smirk.

Did he really write “Can’s film Festival”? That’s awesome. :lol:

Coma
    Participant

Today is Joe Sullivan’d last day at the Globe. I don’t think the kids need any extra motivation to get out of that cave, but if any of them hesitate, that news should get them moving.

Coma
    Participant

Today is Joe Sullivan’d last day at the Globe. I don’t think the kids need any extra motivation to get out of that cave, but if any of them hesitate, that news should get them moving.

Coma
    Participant

Participant

It’s almost as if Waxpack doesn’t read Shank’s column…..

CHAD FINN

Without David Price, what would Red Sox fans complain about?

Major Intangibles
    Participant

It’s almost as if Waxpack doesn’t read Shank’s column…..

CHAD FINN

Without David Price, what would Red Sox fans complain about?

I’m personally OK with Red Sox fans complaining about WordPress. :ozzy:   :ozzy:

Reposting a Best of Dale & Holley and Little Jerry from 2016 comes up as ‘may be spam.’ and ‘contains contacts’ and ‘we just don’t feel like letting you post it.’ :ozzy:   :ozzy:   :ozzy:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Hacksaw
    Participant

This AL All-Star team is very unlikeable!

Yahtzee
    Participant

Makes me happy to see Mitch Moreland make the team.

Participant

Holy crap, Joe Fitz didn’t take the buyout or get canned?  Shut it down WINGO Square by the Sea.

Coma
    Participant

Today is Joe Sullivan’s last day at the Globe. If those kids needed any extra motivation to leave that cave, there it is.

Coma
    Participant

Today is Joe Sullivan’s last day at the Globe. If those kids needed any extra motivation to leave that cave, there it is.

Lebron
    Participant

SI didn’t go with ‘ex Patriots’

Report: Ex-Seahawks CB Browner Arrested in California

Yahtzee
    Participant

Ha! Yankees lose first game of doubleheader to Baltimore.

I actually don’t think Sox will win tonight but NY loss makes me happy.

Participant

Was that the game they originally wanted to play after a Sunday night game??

Lefty

Great moment at tonight’s Six game.

Steve Lyons came down and plopped in the front row, trying to get as much attention as he could.  A half inning later, the actual seat holder showed up and booted his ass out.  It was probably on tv behind the batter.  He even hesitated like he was doing the “do you know who I am” thing.   Beautiful.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Boom!

JD’s bomb should only count as a double since Texas isn’t very good and he doesn’t have a Millar-like personality.

Feejis
    Participant

A July baseball mini game thread?

Strange days indeed.

Viewing 44 posts - 1 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar