Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 7/13/2017 Daily Thread

This topic contains 68 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Feejis 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 69 total)
  • Author

Nick B
    Participant

nothing here

Kevin
    Participant

So Ordways show failed because Cohasset didn’t have the internet in 2014? :lol:

Participant

And, pushing 70, Glenn doesn’t need the money  :lol:   :smile:

Claude45
    Participant

So Ordways show failed because Cohasset didn’t have the internet in 2014? 😆

“i’m going to start an internet show from home, should I check my internet?” Nah, I’m sure your good.

The ego on guys like Ordway. They were lucky to be the only game in town for years. People listened and still listen because it was easy and they had limited choices. Once you put even the smallest of barriers in place, few will make the effort to find you simply because you’re not worth it.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Chris Curtis has come out as an alcoholic who had to be hospitalized because of it.

How many different people has Gerry driven to drink – Curtis, Dino, Kirk, Tanguay?

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Don’t overlook the fact that he looked at one place for a studio, but it wouldn’t work because it had Comcast. Whatever. Fraudway has never been more appropriate.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Tom Pepper
    Participant

Did anyone catch the Brandon Marshall thing on Kirk’s show? I wasn’t listening but saw some tweets about it.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Is Brandon off his meds again? Fortunately, he works for the Mara Family now, and their Pure Goodness will enable him to conquer his bipolar disorder without taking those nasty drugs.

InThisTown
    Participant

Did anyone catch the Brandon Marshall thing on Kirk’s show? I wasn’t listening but saw some tweets about it.

They asked him about some race comments he made and he said he was leaving and then they brought up his domestic violence and he really left.

Also, apparently that twink Reimer knew about Curtis’ situation and threatened to reveal info if he wasn’t let back on the air. That’s a real Iran-Iraq because Curtis is an inveterate cvnt on the show twitter account.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I heard it. They wanted to ask him about some comments he made apparently about Brady and other star white athletes getting better treatment than black athletes or some such thing. He didn’t want to get into a race discussion with them so ended the interview.

Participant

I heard it. They wanted to ask him about some comments he made apparently about Brady and other star white athletes getting better treatment than black athletes or some such thing. He didn’t want to get into a race discussion with them so ended the interview.

Spilling his coffee all over everything on the way out was a nice touch  :lol: to bad he didn’t choke slam either one of them.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Is Curtis the producer who quit the show and came back after Dennis left?

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Chris Curtis has come out as an alcoholic who had to be hospitalized because of it. How many different people has Gerry driven to drink – Curtis, Dino, Kirk, Tanguay?

I first read this as “Chet Curtis.”

:pk:

Feejis
    Participant

Is Curtis the producer who quit the show and came back after Dennis left?

Yep. 30 something rich kid (Rivers, BC) whose parents still pay for his apartment.

So much bullshit to absorb from that article: “385,000 listeners a month”; Ordway an Internet radio “pioneer” in 2014; “had we done xxx, it would’ve worked”; “at the end of the day, content is what’s going to drive anything. He had good content”; “‘You go get an advertiser, and we’ll split it 50/50”  :lol: ; plus Ordway and Sheppard’s self-delusions about their “talent”. If he weren’t such an asshole, you’d almost feel sorry for sad sack Sheppard, who’s completely oblivious to his abundant shortcomings and when he’s being taken for a ride (which will be his family’s cover story when they take him for that final trip to the vet).

We called it a decade ago: EEI was the only sports station in town at that wattage, riding the wave of very successful sports teams. It’s a wonder it took so long for somebody else with a real signal to realize they too could cash in on the Patriots and Red Sox.

Ordway’s continued conceit that it has anything to do with him is breathtaking. And to explain why he’s back in a chair at EEI, all you have to do is look at the losers they’ve brought in from outside Boston (Salk, Benz), or the schmoes that were vying for permanent spots there (Mut, Dickerson, etc.). The fact Tanguay keeps getting gigs at all is enough evidence the Boston sports radio talent pool isn’t much deeper than Sheppard’s gene pool. That Ordway’s a better option says very little.

Chief
    Participant

Our long national nightmare is over.  Tom and Giselle have been accepted into TCC.

Div
    Participant

(which will be his family’s cover story when they take him for that final trip to the vet).

:ohmy: :lol:

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Div.

Coma
    Participant

sad sack Sheppard, who’s completely oblivious to his abundant shortcomings and when he’s being taken for a ride (which will be his family’s cover story when they take him for that final trip to the vet).

:lol:

(Div 2 minutes faster)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  Coma.

NASCL
    Participant

And, pushing 70, Glenn doesn’t need the money 😆 🙂

I was thinking about his age the other day.  I’m an old fart yet I remember being a young teen and listening to him in the 70s on WITS.

He might be the rare radio personality that looks good for his age.

InThisTown
    Participant

Half-WITS

chicowalker
    Participant

Link to the ordway article?

Participant

Lebron
    Participant

Good sports radio talk to prep us for the Mike and the Mad Dog doc.  Love ’em or hate ’em they shaped people’s opinions!  Every sports talk show owes their existence to Mike and the Mad Dog!

All of BSMW’s clicks of that article will someday lead to a claim of 385,000 visitors/month.

Participant
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar