Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 8/19/2019 – 8/25/2019 Weekly Discussion Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Yahtzee
    Participant

Let’s get this re-started.

How many horrible things did Peter King write last night?

jforb
    Participant

Start with this

i. I do not know how Albert worked the way he did this summer and saw more football than I did while prepping for his third child. Man, that guy works.

Maybe he’s an ahole who focused on work instead of prepping?

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

The Raiders acting all tough and threatening to cut Antonio Brown just moths after guaranteeing him $30 million is an odd way to honor Al Davis. A nice statue would make more sense.

How does Bertie do it? Easy. He watches games from the back of a cab, never talks to anybody so he attributes hot takes to the stadium, and likely applies the same deadbeat philosophy to his parenting.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Participant

Who among us doesn’t linger in airport mens rooms and watch stuff like this happen?

At the Los Angeles airport Wednesday afternoon, in a men’s room in the Delta Terminal, a man washed his left foot in a men’s room sink, hopped on his right foot to the air dryer, dried his left foot, leaned against the wall, slipped his left sneaker on, walked to the sink, slipped his right sneaker off, washed that foot, hopped to the dryer, dried the right foot, then put that sneaker on.  It was quite a show.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    jforb
    Participant

Wonder if he tried to include video and the editor said no

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Who among us doesn’t linger in airport mens rooms and watch stuff like this happen?

At the Los Angeles airport Wednesday afternoon, in a men’s room in the Delta Terminal, a man washed his left foot in a men’s room sink, hopped on his right foot to the air dryer, dried his left foot, leaned against the wall, slipped his left sneaker on, walked to the sink, slipped his right sneaker off, washed that foot, hopped to the dryer, dried the right foot, then put that sneaker on. It was quite a show.

I bet Pete is known all across the land for his “wide stance.” Of course, that’s only the second worst thing about Shithouse Fatty. If I saw him come into any men’s room in any airport and head for the stalls, I would flee without washing my hands, maybe without even zipping up.

On another note, my head is reeling from the thought that Three Little Breers will soon be populating the planet. That is one frightening and depressing thought.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Washing your feet in an airport bathroom seems more like Mogadishu than LAX.

Coma
    Participant

Start with this

i. I do not know how Albert worked the way he did this summer and saw more football than I did while prepping for his third child. Man, that guy works.

A man preferred watching football instead of being around his pregnant wife, helping her prepare for their baby’s arrival? That’s the most shocking thing I’ve ever heard :rollseyes:

How much “prepping” did Bert even skip out on, really? Is he painting the new baby’s room or assembling a bunk bed for his/her siblings or is he setting up a time for someone to come in and do it for him?

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

For the third kid, don’t you just throw down some Chinese made flammable blankets in an old wooden apple crate?

Nick B
    Participant

Start with this

A man preferred watching football instead of being around his pregnant wife, helping her prepare for their baby’s arrival? That’s the most shocking thing I’ve ever heard :rollseyes:

How much “prepping” did Bert even skip out on, really? Is he painting the new baby’s room or assembling a bunk bed for his/her siblings or is he setting up a time for someone to come in and do it for him?

he can’t be watching to much football, he still and always has known shit about it.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Third kid?  Bag O’ Glass

Big Fat O
    Participant

Why is Fatty so amazed at Breer working? Watching and reporting about football is his job. What job let’s you take it easy before a kid comes.

Lebron
    Participant

Breer looks at pregnancies and says sweet I have a designated driver for 9 months bro let’s get wasted.

Lebron
    Participant

Between Bill’s ‘can the witness step down?’ and ‘yeah, can’t wait to put together those injury reports’ this morning I’m starting to think the hay is in the barn on the fucking season.

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Coma
    Participant

The Raiders acting all tough and threatening to cut Antonio Brown just moths after guaranteeing him $30 million is an odd way to honor Al Davis. A nice statue would make more sense.

I saw a tweet that originally came out around draft time reporting that the Patriots offered two picks to the Steelers for Brown resurface last week. Assuming the report was accurate, the Raiders’ offer was still better, so it made sense for Pittsburgh to trade Brown there. The Steelers may have also regarded Oakland as less of a threat, so, even if Brown played great, the Raiders still may not be a playoff team.

I wonder if the Steelers ever considered sending Brown to New England just for the potential distraction he could be. If Brown bought into the environment in New England, the move would backfire on Pittsburgh because a team they struggle with would be that much better. On the other hand, if Belichick was having to answer questions about frostbitten feet and helmet models, then the trade could have paid off for the Steelers.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Upcycle one of them confederate statues with a duck’s ass hairdo….bingo bango Al Davis.

Lebron
    Participant

I thought the report on the Patriots offer was a 2nd and a 4th, whereas the Raiders gave up a 3rd and a 5th.  I still can’t see Bill then turning around and signing him to 3/$50 million/$30 million guaranteed.  This wasn’t going to be a 1 year then walk kind of trade because Brown wasn’t playing without new money.

You bring up a good point though, for all of the “ha!  you Pats honks think Bill is so smart, he’s lucky that trade didn’t work out!  Some genius!”  there’s the flip ‘well if the Steelers were so smart they would have traded him to the Patriots still getting draft picks (better or worse than Raiders offer) and having a chance to fuck over the organization that’s in their heads.’

Lebron
    Participant

Duane Allman’s guitar Layla fetched $1.25 million at auction.  Gilmour’s got $21 million?  Seems weird that Allman’s only got that much in comparison.  I don’t know shit about the actual equipment however.

Nevermind, Gilmour’s collection got $21 million.  The one guitar got like $4 million though.

Participant

At those guitar auction’s is it just Jimmy Irsay and Dolan bidding against one another?  Seems like it.

Chuck Schick
    Participant

Let’s get this re-started.

How many horrible things did Peter King write last night?

:lol: I was so overwhelmed I posted about that asshat in the wrong thread!

:pk: :pk: :pk:

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Farewell Ryan Allen.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Duane Allman’s guitar Layla fetched $1.25 million at auction. Gilmour’s got $21 million? Seems weird that Allman’s only got that much in comparison. I don’t know shit about the actual equipment however.

Nevermind, Gilmour’s collection got $21 million. The one guitar got like $4 million though.

I am kind of shocked by that, the gold top was his iconic guitar for the first couple Allmans albums, as well as a bunch of Muscle Shoals stuff.

I think the price difference may be that Gilmour’s black strat was used on literally all of Floyd’s classic albums.

I got to see Derek Trucks play the gold top for a set with Tedeschi Trucks at the HOB several years back  It has an amazing tone.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I never listened to him, but apparently sports-talk prodigy pissant Alex Reimer and WEEI have parted company.

What kind of shut-in kid decides at an early age to get into that business? Did he have pictures of Damon Amendolara, Jim Rome and Adam Jones up on his wall when he was in middle school?

:weei:

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Probably the kind of sicko who subscribes to Talkers magazine.  You know: shut ins, the criminally insane, adult bedwetters.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar