Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 8/19/2019 – 8/25/2019 Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 131 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 132 total)
  • Author

Yahtzee
    Participant

Methinks the WEEI Jimmy Fund Radio Telethon is going to take a significant step back this year.

Big Fat O
    Participant

How disappointed those kids must be without a visit from KKKallahan.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Duane Allman’s guitar Layla fetched $1.25 million at auction. Gilmour’s got $21 million? Seems weird that Allman’s only got that much in comparison. I don’t know shit about the actual equipment however.

Nevermind, Gilmour’s collection got $21 million. The one guitar got like $4 million though.

I am kind of shocked by that, the gold top was his iconic guitar for the first couple Allmans albums, as well as a bunch of Muscle Shoals stuff.

I think the price difference may be that Gilmour’s black strat was used on literally all of Floyd’s classic albums.

I got to see Derek Trucks play the gold top for a set with Tedeschi Trucks at the HOB several years back It has an amazing tone.

I’ve been on a Duane jag for the last year or so on and off.  I can’t even listen to any Allmans post Duane.  I see they have Live at the Fillmore West teed up for release here shortly.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Just think though they can have Greg Hill talk to them about the rise and fall of Harvey Danger while Fitzy cracks off beauties.

Coma
    Participant

I forget who wrote this on the old board, but here’s a post on that topic that I fondly recall (as I best remember it):

Jimmy Fund Coordinator: Hey kids, Do you like Tom Brady and David Ortiz?

Kids: YEAH!!!!!!

JFC: Well, here’s two guys who complain about them all day on the radio <enter Dennis and Callahan>

Kids: aaaaawwwwww

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Yeah, that Fillmore West show (or maybe shows) looks real good.  A bit pricey at $40, going to wait on it.  I just went in for a Dead boxed set that was something like 160 bucks

Lebron
    Participant

It’s a mix of 3 shows I believe.  The Live from A&R studios in ’71 is also good.

Lebron
    Participant

Wow, I can’t believe Baker Mayfield was able to find a microphone or news outlet to express his views on other NFL players.

jforb
    Participant

I’m sure this is a medically sound opinion, AAC on Sale.

I don’t care what anyone says, this has to be related to the injury from last year when they decided rest was the right path. Offseason surgery wouldn’t have helped?

Lebron
    Participant

I don’t care what doctors say.  Probably explains his diet.  I always like ‘eh, just have surgery.’  Any surgery, fix it up good as new.  Greg’s medical plan must be eat until I qualify for one of those stomach staple surgeries, ba da boop ba da beep problem solved.

Participant

I don’t care what doctors say. Probably explains his diet. I always like ‘eh, just have surgery.’ Any surgery, fix it up good as new. Greg’s medical plan must be eat until I qualify for one of those stomach staple surgeries, ba da boop ba da beep problem solved.

Maybe Mike & Tony pay him in Awaken180 gift cards?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

He’s also almost a doctor?

Lebron
    Participant

Simple Ben shocked he can’t get a tour of Brady’s home that’s for sale because he doesn’t have proof of funds.  Yes, realtors love to waste their time with starfuckers that have no means to actually purchase the home.

7 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Simple Ben shocked he can’t get a tour of Brady’s home that’s for sale because he doesn’t have proof of funds. Yes, realtors love to waste their time with starfuckers that have no means to actually purchase the home.

This is after Mittens barged into Gainesville trying to get to the real truth about Josh Gordon’s rehab and training sessions.  Maybe this is all about The Baseball Paper’s new policy of boldly exposing the secret lives of Boston’s (non-Red Sox) pro athlete superstar/millionaires. Suppose they’ll send Pete Abe down to Arizona to expose the truth behind Pedroia’s rehab?  Or to Fort Myers/Naples/wherever to intrude on Sale’s privacy?  Don;t hold your breath.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Merrimack Valley scribe Russ Conway won’t be down to write another exposé on Eagleson.  Link.

jforb
    Participant

Berman wasn’t a one off? :wall:

Do I detect a hint of citrus? Allagash is still better.

5 users thanked author for this post.

rclane
    Participant

Steve Buckley is the reason I’m not re-upping my Athletic scholarship. Today he’s advocating for the Red Sox to retire Clemens’ number. Even the Herald decided paying for this shit wasn’t worth it.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Steve Buckley is the reason I’m not re-upping my Athletic scholarship. Today he’s advocating for the Red Sox to retire Clemens’ number. Even the Herald decided paying for this shit wasn’t worth it.

I cancelled the Athletic over Buckley but then gave in and reupped a few months later (using another 40% off code). I ignore 75% of what he posts, the other 25% is so egregious I click just to skip to the bottom and hit the “meh” button.

In a year or two the Athletic will be what the Globe was a few years ago and we’ll hate it all the same.

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

I cancelled the Athletic over Buckley but then gave in and reupped a few months later (using another 40% off code). I ignore 75% of what he posts, the other 25% is so egregious I click just to skip to the bottom and hit the “meh” button.

In a year or two the Athletic will be what the Globe was a few years ago and we’ll hate it all the same.

I still get a lot out of the Athletic – I like quite a bit of the out of town stuff and I think Howe & the Celtics writers are great.  I just ignore the Buckley columns and revel in the knowledge they track page clicks and will eventually decide he’s adding 0.0 to the site.

2 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

I still get a lot out of the Athletic – I like quite a bit of the out of town stuff and I think Howe & the Celtics writers are great. I just ignore the Buckley columns and revel in the knowledge they track page clicks and will eventually decide he’s adding 0.0 to the site.

Agree with this, enjoy the national stuff and barely look at the local.

Lebron
    Participant

I fucking hate Peter King.

jforb
    Participant

I fucking hate Peter King.

In general or something specific? Right now at least, in general is always true.

Lebron
    Participant

In general.  But I saw some photo of him with Mahomes, Reid and Favre.  Standing there in his NBC issued shirt and fucking khaki Dockers or whatever.  You want to take a photo of those 3 as actual football players/coaches that’s one thing but then that fat fuck inserts himself into the photo and it’s fucking douchechills.  He ruins everything.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I was always a Paul guy.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 132 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar