Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 8/19/2019 – 8/25/2019 Weekly Discussion Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 132 total)
  • Author

In general. But I saw some photo of him with Mahomes, Reid and Favre. Standing there in his NBC issued shirt and fucking khaki Dockers or whatever. You want to take a photo of those 3 as actual football players/coaches that’s one thing but then that fat fuck inserts himself into the photo and it’s fucking douchechills. He ruins everything.

Check out Fatty at this juncture of the NFL Films 1993 Patriots recap: https://youtu.be/HtXWRg3iLJg?t=1632. He was at the height of his Norm lookalike days. And his narrative in that clip is reflective of his Parcells asskissing from that era:

“I think what they’ve done in getting Bob Kratch, and Myron Guyton most notably, is get one of the best young guards in the league in Kratch, and get one of the most underrated safeties in the league in Guyton. I think they’ve done two good jobs. “

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Canadian Soldier
    Participant

“Signing Dave Meggett not only gives them a game breaker in the backfield–a must when you’re breaking in a young QB, even a generational talent and sure-bet Hall of Famer like Bledsoe–but he adds tremendous character to the locker room and off the field in general.”

2 users thanked author for this post.

“Signing Dave Meggett not only gives them a game breaker in the backfield–a must when you’re breaking in a young QB, even a generational talent and sure-bet Hall of Famer like Bledsoe–but he adds tremendous character to the locker room and off the field in general.”

This reminds me. I was on Twitter telling Upton Bell he was full of shit with his narrative that the Patriots knew Hernandez’s problems with guns and violence and drafted him anyway, so I was trying to locate anything that timestamped when people first reported the different issues Hernandez had back in college. Anyway, Gill has an attribution on Hernandez’s Wikipedia page, a link to a 2010 Bleacher Report article he wrote titled, “Patriots Young Guns: Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez Impress” :lol:

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

2 years they’ve been working on these names and logos? :lol:

I could pay an art school kid in coke and get better results.

Hacksaw
    Participant

I was always a Paul guy.

Paul always has a positive outlook on life.

Participant

Don’t sleep on how badly Roger screwed up the soupy logos….

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Lamar Odom and Ray Lewis are on Dancing with the Stars? :blink: Did OJ Simpson turn them down?

Lebron
    Participant

The 42 logo still sends me into a grand mal seizure.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Looks like the team selection screen of some 1990 sports game that has no licensing agreement with any league.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Hacksaw
    Participant

Looks like the team selection screen of some 1990 sports game that has no licensing agreement with any league.

Vince McMahon, “There you have it Miserable Fellow and Mr. Duberstein, Boston will no longer be considered as a potential expansion team.”

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by Hacksaw.
    chicowalker
    Participant

Yesterday there was a blood drive at my work. Because of my blood type I’m eligible to do the double red cell donation, which basically hooks you to a centrifuge and your blood is separated and returned to you.  Point is, you’re on there for a while, about double what you’d  be for a normal donation.  As such, you generally get to know the nurse assigned to you as they hang close to make sure you don’t  get dizzy, etc.  The woman who monitored me yesterday was an African-American who was born in Georgia (parents lived whole lives on a farm, etc) and moved up here when she was ten, in 1984.  Very pleasant, we talked about family, showed her pictures of my kids, the whole thing.  She asks if I like football, we transition to talking about the Patriots.  Then, out of no where, she gets animated- “So, my last name is Eason- when I moved up here kids in school gave me shit! Look, I watch football, I know he sucks! I hate him too! Look at him and look at me *points to her skin* do you think we’re related? I wanted Grogan over him! Damn…frickin Tony Eason” all this in the middle of a semi-circle of government workers getting blood drawn, otherwise quiet room.  After that, right back to her normal duties- “ok, just squeeze gently, should be winding down soon…” :blink: :lol:

10 users thanked author for this post.
    Canadian Soldier
    Participant

:lol:

I’m glad her last night isn’t Dreith.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant
    Lebron
    Participant

Last time we did a blood drive I was an idiot, had like a 12:30 time slot and was busy all morning so never ate.  I had to sit in the chair for like an extra 20 minutes easy.

chicowalker
    Participant

Last time we did a blood drive I was an idiot, had like a 12:30 time slot and was busy all morning so never ate. I had to sit in the chair for like an extra 20 minutes easy.

:lol: the RI Blood Center gets pizza from one of my favorite places, so what I’ve been doing lately is scheduling my time where I’m done just when the pizza gets here and I get it fresh.  They were backed up a bit yesterday, and the pizza was delivered early (at least compared to the last few drives) but the lady at the desk said to those of us in line to help ourselves.  I literally am taking my first bite when a nurse comes around the corner and calls my name- gives me a bit of a look when I say “give me five seconds I’ll eat this quick” (“your mouth can’t be hot when we take your temperature” :pk: :lol: ) so I then began Kobayashing pizza and water to both eat it quick and bring my mouth-heat down to an acceptable level :ohmy:

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by chicowalker.
    Coma
    Participant

I don’t like this: Patrick Chung indicted on cocaine possession?

I really hope he has a cousin available who doesn’t mind taking the blame.

jforb
    Participant

They’d list primary residence not vacation home right?

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

They’d list primary residence not vacation home right?

Unless he’s got the NH address as his primary for tax reasons.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I’m no Lionel Hutz but for Chung to be indicted wouldn’t he have to have been arrested and then charged with coke possession? That might have hit the papers at some point.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Son of a bitch

Lefty

He’s in a sling…..maybe it was medicinal……..

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

What is this, 1895?

Participant

“I was hot on the trail all along – Gordon’s rehab to Brady’s house and Laconia was my next stop.”

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Lefty

What is this, 1895?

Maybe he was just enjoying the smooth taste of the original Coca Cola.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

They don’t arrest you up in Laconia for blow? I know 3 – 4 guys that got caught with weed up there in the late 90’s/early 2000’s  and everyone of them ended up in the clink.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar