Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 8/19/2019 – 8/25/2019 Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 131 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 132 total)
  • Author

Lebron
    Participant

Shank loves to laugh at Ninkovich and Edelman’s ‘cheating infractions’ yet he shares glasses of Chablis with Clemens?

4 users thanked author for this post.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Wouldn’t be surprised if CHB and The Plagiarist are BFFs, either.

jforb
    Participant

Wouldn’t be surprised if CHB and The Plagiarist are BFFs, either.

That would require them both to have friends in the first place.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Big Fat O
    Participant

If Hernandez sent Shanks daughter stuff too he would be misunderstood.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Shank loves to laugh at Ninkovich and Edelman’s ‘cheating infractions’ yet he shares glasses of Chablis with Clemens?

I am a Barry Bonds fan ped’s or not. Always loved his swing and for a guy who did ped’s he even choked up on the bat.

So when guys like Shank and Buckley ache for Roger to get in the HOF, my argument is Barry Bonds better get in before or at the same time as their boy Roger.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Keepers and Draft info in the SoSMY Thread.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

BrianInLA
    Participant

I am a Barry Bonds fan ped’s or not. Always loved his swing and for a guy who did ped’s he even choked up on the bat.

So when guys like Shank and Buckley ache for Roger to get in the HOF, my argument is Barry Bonds better get in before or at the same time as their boy Roger.

Bonds single handily broke the hallowed baseball record book that had been sacred for centuries. He gets my vote on that alone.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Holy crap, who is this pitcher for the Dodgers?

Also, looks like someone poured 10 gallons of oatmeal into CC’s black uniform.

Lefty

Schefter says Andrew Luck is retiring from The NFL effective tomorrow.

Lebron
    Participant

Josh dodged a bullet on that Colts job.  Luck reportedly retiring

Coma
    Participant

Schefter says Andrew Luck is retiring from The NFL effective tomorrow.

Hopefully, this also means the end of that Civil War Andrew Luck twitter account.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Andrew Luck dun.

chicowalker
    Participant

thatsashame.jpg  Two consecutive generational #1 QBs and as many titals as Tampa Bay and the Rams

3 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

chicowalker
    Participant

Tua in next year’s draft= enjoy betting against Indy this year

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Fans are booing him because the organization has done a terrible job giving cryptic positive updates on his injuries. BB right again, never say a thing.

“Tank for Tagovailoa”?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

“Tank for Tagovailoa”?

Tua and 14!

Coma
    Participant

I wonder if people like Almost-A-Coach will look at Luck’s explanation of the drain of going through the injury and rehab cycle and think back to their “Just have the surgery” advice to Chris Sale. It’s easy to say when you’re not the one who has to go under the knife and then spend a year recovering from it. It might not be crazy for a player to hear there’s a non-surgical alternative and explore that instead.

Gimp
    Participant

It says here Jacoby Brissett gets the Colts to the playoffs as a Wildcard.

Coma
    Participant

It says here Jacoby Brissett gets the Colts to the playoffs as a Wildcard.

If that happens, it proved Luck was just a system QB.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Wow!  Luck’s retirement must be a huge piece of news. It prompted noted recluse J. J. Watt to leave the privacy of his hermit-like abode and actually stand in front of a television camera and do an interview!

Gimp
    Participant

The comparatives to Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, and even Gronk are a bit much.  Luck was a good QB, but always struck me as similar to Aaron Rodgers-not as dominant as he was professed to be.

Of course, we’re incredibly spoiled in these parts.

BrianInLA
    Participant

The comparatives to Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, and even Gronk are a bit much. Luck was a good QB, but always struck me as similar to Aaron Rodgers-not as dominant as he was professed to be.

Of course, we’re incredibly spoiled in these parts.

The first three could be considered the best ever at their positions. No one is ever going to say that about Luck. The guy delivered even less than the QB before him. Good timing on the news as well.  Couldn’t have hinted at this pre draft? No? Well ok.

jforb
    Participant

thatsashame.jpg Two consecutive generational #1 QBs and as many titals as Tampa Bay and the Rams

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 132 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar