Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 8;/26/2019 – 9/2 Lead up to and through Labor Day Weekend Discussion Thread

This topic contains 100 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Lebron 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 101 total)
  • Author

Yahtzee
    Participant

I want to start with this from last week’s thread:

Pete doesn’t think booing luck is a big deal

I don’t think it’s a big deal, because any fan staying to the end of a preseason game would be a passionate fan, and would be ticked off that the star quarterback wasn’t going to be on the team anymore.

So you boo the guy? What the fuck?

Pete’s sentence introducing what Luck said about Brissett

Luck opened a vein Saturday night about Brissett.

What the hell? Opened a vein, other than a psychopath who the hell says that describing someone talking about something?

1 user thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Boy did I botch the beginning of the title of the thread.

Nick B
    Participant

When is Pete’s post stating that Luck should be in the HOF coming out.

2 users thanked author for this post.

GusChiggins
    Participant

Beernerdness: Nothing wrong, I suppose, with Stella Artois (Leuven, Belgium), but I find it a boring pilsner. Tastes watered down to me.

Throw an orange and some shitty cloves and Pete will rave all day about it’s friskiness.

King’s blurb got a laugh out of me. I mean what’s he expect?

chicowalker
    Participant

usually his beer nonsense has some context- was at this brewery, this airport, etc.  Was that the first Stella he ever had?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I’m still trying to determine what was most “courageous” about Andrew Luck’s retirement. The part where he bailed with less than 2 weeks left before the start of the season or the fact he waited to retire until he got assurances from ownership that they wouldn’t go after some of his signing bonus. :blink: The idea that he was a generational talent is as absurd as it is stupid. They guy was at best a Philip Rivers clone with way less kids (I think) and way more injuries.  In the biggest game of his career he got steamrolled 45-7. Indy will probably have a statue of him built by December.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

Simpler times.

“At Stanford, he didn’t have cable-TV for most of his time on campus, and he rode a bike through campus like every other student, and he had a passion for reading.”

“Mostly the sentiment is gratitude—for getting us over the Manning-sized hole in our hearts.”  

Never miss a chance to pander. FMIA: What do you an 8-year-old girl somewhere in America would think, watching you try out for an NFL team?

Refreshing as well.  “9. I think I love Mike Zimmer’s postgame press conferences, particularly when he hasn’t had much time to cool off. The Vikings sent a 2020 fifth-round pick to Baltimore for Norwegian kicker Kaare Vedvik earlier this month, and Saturday against Arizona, in the Vikes’ climateless home stadium, Vedvik missed wide left from 43 yards and wide right from 54 yards. Asked by a reporter afterward about his level of concern with Vedvik, Zimmer said: “High.””

We did great work – 30 years plus ago.This is the kind of classic SI story from the eighties, the one everyone on the beat read and said, ‘It’s so quirky and original—wish I’d written that.’

Congrats?  Wasn’t he running it up?  “Congrats to Trent Dilfer and his Lipscomb (Tenn.) Academy football team. In Dilfer’s first game as a high school football coach, the Mustangs beat Glencliff 66-8.”

jforb
    Participant

How many of the people saying good for Luck are also insisting Gronk will be back momentarily?

Yahtzee
    Participant

I had the unfortunate experience of hearing one of the producers of the morning show on EEI (whatever it’s called) say that getting up early every weekday is much more physically traumatic than being an NFL quarterback.  And, Luck was selfish.

Participant

Another casualty of DeflateGate.

The list is long.

chicowalker
    Participant

You know, unlike most of those Stanford layabouts who never crack a book

chicowalker
    Participant

re: Big Jim Murray getting married to his future ex-wife over the weekend

Aug 24

Replying to

Got drunk with my friends in NH last night and we were gushing about how happy we were for you – odd for a person we’ve never met, but listen to every day! Hope the best! May the CL Smoothies flow

Ookie cookie with my friends would be less awkward.  I hope this guy’s grandfather(s) are not still alive.  It’s bad enough this actually happened- and I believe that it did- but admitting it for all the world to see? Gary Cooper, etc.  I’m disgusted

Feejis
    Participant

90% sure I saw Big Jim on the Vineyard yesterday with some lady and suitcases.

I was with my family getting ready to leave and the wife knows I don’t listen to the radio so I didn’t really have the energy to bother trying to confirm.

If it was him I hope he falls off a boat somewhere and is never found.

Nick B
    Participant

90% sure I saw Big Jim on the Vineyard yesterday with some lady and suitcases.

I was with my family getting ready to leave and the wife knows I don’t listen to the radio so I didn’t really have the energy to bother trying to confirm.

If it was him I hope he falls off a boat somewhere and is never found.

Did she look like she was there willingly?    ;-)

Participant

You are pushing 60 Roger, put the hair gel and frosted tips away.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Look at that fucker Wormtongue on the left.

Ugh.

Lebron
    Participant

He rode a bike on campus!  Jesus H.  He didn’t have cable!  He was a football player and a college student in general.  Who the fuck has cable in college?  Hey wanna hit the bars, it’s any coin night?  Nah, I’m watching Suits on USA!

jforb
    Participant

Who the fuck has cable in college?

Probably everyone in the last 20 years at least.

Lefty

So, clearly Shank thinks he can he The rights to write some shitty book about Clemens, right?

he sucked JH Williams wang for years looking for access to Ted williams.

Lebron
    Participant

None of my nieces/nephews had it, don’t think my cousins kids did either but who knows.  I would assume all these kids wouldn’t seeing as they are the cord cutting generation.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Just a rumor on patsfans, but one poster is saying he heard David Andrews may have blood clots. He’s missed the last two practices.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Not a single person I know in their 20’s has cable. But they pay for 15 streaming services and that’s somehow better.

jforb
    Participant

None of my nieces/nephews had it, don’t think my cousins kids did either but who knows. I would assume all these kids wouldn’t seeing as they are the cord cutting generation.

2000-2010 then. Did they sell internet-only broadband packages back then?

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Andrews in hospital with blood clots now confirmed by Jeff Howe and others.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Andrew Luck made OJ’s shit list!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 101 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar