Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 8;/26/2019 – 9/2 Lead up to and through Labor Day Weekend Discussion Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Canadian Soldier
    Participant

The Baseball Paper ran the results of a fan poll about how they perceive the major local pro sports teams:

Patriots:  A+

Bruins:  A-

Revolution:  B+

Celtics:  B

Red Sox:  C

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Miserable Fellow
    Participant

The Baseball Paper ran the results of a fan poll about how they perceive the major local pro sports teams:

Patriots: A+

Bruins: A-

Revolution: B+

Celtics: B

Red Sox: C

I’d say it’s very “What have you done for me lately” but what have the Revolution done for anyone lately?

Suzy
    Participant

Patriots: A+

Bruins: A-

Revolution: B+

Celtics: B

Red Sox: C

So creepy. There’s something really off/terribly wrong about her. :ohmy:

3 users thanked author for this post.

How is Willie’s Rolodex NOT in the Pro Football Hall of Fame?

:pk:

Or his perfect mock draft? ;-)

Lebron
    Participant

I’m sure they’ll be further laughing at Bill if one or both of the guys they traded for yesterday don’t make the team.  Let’s not look at this from the perspective that they are trying to fill the swing tackle role and are seeing who does or doesn’t work out.  No, let’s just say Bill doesn’t know what he’s doing and he’s mortgaging the future because what does he care he’s just going to take the Giants job anyhow.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Lebron
    Participant

Looking in to yesterday’s trades I stumbled across some article about Ryan O’Callaghan thanking Kraft for supporting him when it became public knowledge that he was gay a couple of years ago.  I totally missed that.  Then again I missed the Hispanics have small hands thing as well apparently.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I’m sure they’ll be further laughing at Bill if one or both of the guys they traded for yesterday don’t make the team. Let’s not look at this from the perspective that they are trying to fill the swing tackle role and are seeing who does or doesn’t work out. No, let’s just say Bill doesn’t know what he’s doing and he’s mortgaging the future because what does he care he’s just going to take the Giants job anyhow.

Or that Caserio’s already mentally checked out and is more interested in the Texans’ personnel moves than the Pats’.

4th rd pick is pretty significant comp for the Ravens OT. Lazar has a good film breakdown on Twitter.

Participant

At the end of they day, that’s what it’s all about….

“Network announcers get to meet the day before the game privately with coaches and key players. Though they are off-the-record, they can still be trite. Not Luck. He would really think about questions and try to give a helpful answer.”

Feejis
    Participant

4th rd pick is pretty significant comp for the Ravens OT. Lazar has a good film breakdown on Twitter.

They got a 6th back too which replaces the one they sent to AZ. And I think I saw that they got a 4th from the bears at the draft so they’ll still have one.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Keeper Player info needed for a handful of the Sons of Shalise Manza Young teams.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Keeper Player info needed for a handful of the Sons of Shalise Manza Young teams.

Due date? Waiting on Zeke news.

Feejis
    Participant

Slapping the keeper tag on players is unamerican…

Lebron
    Participant

At the end of they day, that’s what it’s all about….

“Network announcers get to meet the day before the game privately with coaches and key players. Though they are off-the-record, they can still be trite. Not Luck. He would really think about questions and try to give a helpful answer.”

All Bill ever talks about is the clock in his car.  He needs a manual!  Some genius!

And if the comments are really off the record, you shouldn’t be using them anyhow, so who the fuck cares.

And many of the announcers refer to those discussions so they aren’t off the record.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Due date? Waiting on Zeke news.

As soon as you can. Or Monday. Whichever.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Nashua Dad
    Participant

“This will be the last football game for 85% of guys playing tonight” stfu Twitter

Yahtzee
    Participant

Lots of smiles on that Pats sideline.

NASCL
    Participant

“This will be the last football game for 85% of guys playing tonight” stfu Twitter

with the obligatory working on a UPS truck tagline

chicowalker
    Participant

I know a couple of guys who worked for UPS. It’s a really good job, if physically taxing

Lebron
    Participant

Same here.  One guy is about to retire but he has zero complaints.  Wife, 2 kids, and a hot tub for the rough days.  My sister in law’s brother is a pilot for UPS.  Captain to be more precise.  Guy flies 90 days a year, international routes only, and pulls home a quarter mil.  Can make a shit ton more if he chooses to fly more on his months at a time off periods.  No passengers, no crew other than a couple of co-pilots.  They walk through airports and have their full flight regalia on, second they get on the plane they’re in shorts/sweats.  Also gets more ass than a toilet seat.

7 users thanked author for this post.
    NASCL
    Participant

But UPS drivers aren’t allowed to make left turns, Myke!!!!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Yahtzee
    Participant

Friend from high school too. He’s been there for 20+ years so has something like 16 weeks of vacation.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Miami Dolphins coach Brian Flores named Ryan Fitzpatrick the starting quarterback when Miami opens the season Sept. 8 against the Baltimore Ravens.

You can change the team names, but I still get a deja vu feeling about how this will play out.

Suzy
    Participant

I know a couple of guys who worked for UPS. It’s a really good job, if physically taxing

A friend of mine has worked there forever & can’t say enough good things.

That lame line has become the new mom’s basement. And it’s just as clever.

Feejis
    Participant

UPS guys work harder than any sports media member ever has or will.

That said I know a guy who worked there for years and had a great setup and then got fired for stealing shipments of gift cards.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar