Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 8;/26/2019 – 9/2 Lead up to and through Labor Day Weekend Discussion Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Lebron
    Participant

I see the Duke Dawson trade is bringing the “Belichick sucks at drafting” back to life.  He can’t draft in the 2nd round, Chad Jackson and Ras-I-Dowling!  Yeah, Gronkowski and Chung and Branch and Light never contributed anything to the organization.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

This too…

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

Really hope they find a way to keep Gunner O.  Amendola vibes from that guy.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I look forward to the inevitable NFL network reality show where Duke Dawson and Ras-I Dowling are feuding members of the local home-owners association who have never actually met in person.

Lebron
    Participant

So the Angels pitcher who died, Tyler Skaggs, OD’d on booze/drugs.  The family hired LJ Sandwich favorite Rusty Hardin to represent them as they feel some Angels employee sold the drugs to Skaggs

Big Fat O
    Participant

This too…

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

Wonder if he is related to Jethro

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Mittens has Michael Bidwill, president of the AZ Cardinals, on his “2019 NFL hot seat.” He’s doing a shitty job, but he’s a Bidwill, and (1) doing shitty jobs is what they do, and (2) they’ve only owned the Cardinals for 100 years. I don’t think they’re going anywhere …

:lol:

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

LeSesn McCoy got cut.

Lefty

Assuming D Thomas gets signed back before week 2, when he isn’t guaranteed .

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Can’t believe the haul Miami got for Tunsil and Stills. Two ones and a 2 plus two players.

Bill O’Brien is kinda nuts.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Attention, the following teams need to select their keeper player, and list them in the SoSMY Thread, as the deadline has to do it on Yahoo has passed.

Autodraft Cvnt Force

Hogan’s Heroes

Darkest Days

Dicking Bimbos

The Whippets

and as for you, Oooh Scary!, you cannot keep three players. Please choose one. :wag:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Yahtzee
    Participant

Please let Oooh Scary be Brian in NH.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Hogan’s will keep Elliott.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Are there penalties for salary cap violations in the SoSMYFFL?  Do they involve docked draft picks, massive fines, lectures from :pk: about what owners should have said/done, and a whining acceptance meant to “end the rhetoric”?

Asking for a friend.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Fatty’s tweets for his Monday word vomit promoted his Super Bowl LIV pick and called it “The Fairness Super Bowl.” Didn’t even have to look at the article. God, what a baby, no real football rationale, just evening the mythical score (and Mahomes!).

I’m picking a Chiefs-Saints Super Bowl. I’m picking the team that lost the coin toss and never touched the ball in overtime of January’s AFC Championship Game versus the team that got jobbed on the pass-interference non-call in the NFC Championship Game. Let’s call the 54th Super Bowl the Fairness Super Bowl.

Participant

He’s the best.

Coma
    Participant

Fatty’s tweets for his Monday word vomit promoted his Super Bowl LIV pick and called it “The Fairness Super Bowl.” Didn’t even have to look at the article. God, what a baby, no real football rationale, just evening the mythical score (and Mahomes!).

I’m picking a Chiefs-Saints Super Bowl. I’m picking the team that lost the coin toss and never touched the ball in overtime of January’s AFC Championship Game versus the team that got jobbed on the pass-interference non-call in the NFC Championship Game. Let’s call the 54th Super Bowl the Fairness Super Bowl.

I read this shortly after waking up today. I think I set a personal record for going from “Easing into a day off” to “Wanting to strangle someone.” Maybe I’m imagining this, but I believe there used to be a time when people who complained about the rules after losing fairly were ridiculed. Now, the Chiefs are portrayed as victims after doing that and deserve a trip to the Super Bowl out of “fariness.” And who wins the “Fairness Super Bowl?” It can really only end with both teams being declared champion, if we’re truly being fair. Thanks for helping kill the NFL, Pete.

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Hoyer to Indy to back up/bail out Brissett. He got a three-year, $12 million contract with $9 million guaranteed from the Colts. Seems quite rich. Pats only offered a one-year deal, which makes sense.

Schefter:

And so now the Colts’ top two QBs, Jacoby Brissett and Brian Hoyer, both are former Patriots’ backups. So the Colts’ QB room has become the Indianapolis Patriots.

:puke:

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Hogan’s will keep Elliott.

This could be a bad decision.

Coma
    Participant

Hoyer to Indy to back up/bail out Brissett. He got a three-year, $12 million contract with $9 million guaranteed from the Colts. Seems quite rich. Pats only offered a one-year deal, which makes sense.

Schefter:

And so now the Colts’ top two QBs, Jacoby Brissett and Brian Hoyer, both are former Patriots’ backups. So the Colts’ QB room has become the Indianapolis Patriots.

I’m pretty sure I read some self-proclaimed “football expert” on twitter last week declare that, if released, neither of the Patriots backup QBs would get signed. Somebody better alert the Colts that they don’t know what they’re doing.

jforb
    Participant

Schefter:

I’m pretty sure I read some self-proclaimed “football expert” on twitter last week declare that, if released, neither of the Patriots backup QBs would get signed. Somebody better alert the Colts that they don’t know what they’re doing.

Good possibility that is true though.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

So Fatty is picking the Chiefs and Saints because of karma? Maybe they will get to the Soupey, but if karma really exists, he’ll choke himself on one of those double-double lattés or steal a foul ball from the wrong kid.

jforb
    Participant

Here’s a fact that I just pulled out of my ass:

First: Luck did not retire because of the risk of permanent injury (I think—though I have not spoken to him).

How does he think Schefter got the story?

Once Luck began telling teammates, who would tell others, who would tell agents, etc., the story would have leaked, and likely long before the 3 p.m. news conference Sunday

WTF does this mean?

And Naomi Osaka is a great player and a sportsmanlike person

No idea what he’s trying to say here

“The NFL sells the NFL. The NBA sells its players. You couldn’t identify 90 percent of NFL players if they were standing right in front of you. That’s a big part of their core problem … I get the NFL dwarfs the NBA in television but I think that’s going to change.”

—Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, on the difference between the NBA and NFL, to Danny Kanell and Raja Bell on their CBS Sports radio show.

If Cuban says it often enough and long enough, I’m sure it’ll come true.

LeMahieu over Trout for mvp :lol:

Kingasaurus
    Participant

So Fatty is picking the Chiefs and Saints because of karma? Maybe they will get to the Soupey, but if karma really exists, he’ll choke himself on one of those double-double lattés or steal a foul ball from the wrong kid.

He’s an embarrassing fucking dunce.

Coma
    Participant

No idea what he’s trying to say here

“The NFL sells the NFL. The NBA sells its players. You couldn’t identify 90 percent of NFL players if they were standing right in front of you. That’s a big part of their core problem … I get the NFL dwarfs the NBA in television but I think that’s going to change.”

—Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, on the difference between the NBA and NFL, to Danny Kanell and Raja Bell on their CBS Sports radio show.

If Cuban says it often enough and long enough, I’m sure it’ll come true.

I think PK is referencing Cuban’s predictions of doom for the NFL. In 2014, Cuban made his “Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered” comments about the NFL getting too greedy. He said that the league was 10 years away from an implosion, so we have to wait until 2024 to see if he’s right.

If the NFL wants to build up the facial recognition of their players, get rid of the 15 yard penalty for removing your helmet on the field. I don’t think I had much of a problem with it when it was passed in the 90s, but it seems silly now.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar