Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 8/27/18-Labor Day Thread

This topic contains 267 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by  Blinded By The Lombardis 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 268 total)
  • Author

Larry Legend
    Participant

Found another version…

Attachments:

Suzy
    Participant

Missing White Suit and Vicodan Head

:lol:

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Great news Mary Jo; your murderer turned out to be a good man!

:dry:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

chicowalker
    Participant

It turns out that Ted Kennedy *did*

Participant

OBJ 5 – $95 Mill/$65 guaranteed

But sure, Belichick wanted to trade Brady.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Add -Minihan’s HS basketball controversy- to the Chico Board Blindspot pile.  :lol:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Claude45
    Participant

“I forgot what a break Ted Kennedy got a half-century ago. He turned out to be a good man and the lion of the Senate and all that, but the incident of a woman dying when he drove off a bridge recklessly and him basically getting off … not good. Not good at all.”

This is parody, right? Not good? NOT GOOD AT ALL? What the fuck, how does he put this out there? Jeez, you think being shitfaced, driving off a bridge, knowingly leaving a girl to die in an attempt to save your political career is not good, not good at all.

He turned out to be a good man? By whose standard? You may have agreed with him politically. Maybe he did some good there but unless I’m mistaken, he was an alcoholic, womanizing, misogynist. Teddy raised sexual harassment to an art form.

So Petey, if you forget the biggest defining moment in the career of a public figure, maybe you should hold back on commenting. I’m sure you don’t know what the fuck you are talking about and no one needs your worthless opinion anyway.

Lebron
    Participant

Not the first time Lynch has told the story, his initial version right after the trade he mentioned that Bill said “you’re asking me to trade the greatest player/qb of all time?”  Of course the media and countless others ignore this and continue down the path of Bill being forced to trade his true love, Jimmy G.

Lebron
    Participant

Pete’s column with the book guy

I learned that the Patriots’ shaky alignment at the top—Robert Kraft, Bill Belichick, Tom Brady—could come apart. That seemed pretty evident during and after last season. It seems really close to coming apart to me. Tom is the one I like the most. He gets the whole thing. I learned that empires crumble. Brady probably wouldn’t have minded being thrown out into the wilderness of free agency after last season.

I fought with my wife this morning, we aren’t getting divorced.  Who cares who you like.  Yeah, Bill doesn’t get the whole thing.  Really shallow.  If being runner up in the Soupey and one bomb from a chance to tie and go 3 out of 4 again is a crumbling empire you have no fucking clue what you’re talking about.   Brady wanted free agency, but demanded Jimmy G be traded?  Why would he demand that if he wanted to walk?

Edit:  Should note that the quote is from the book guy, not Pete saying what he learned.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Shaq Mason, Pats agree to a 5 year, 50 million extension

Feejis
    Participant

Sox are sputtering but Waxpack says they’ll definitely win so nothing to see here, please turn your eyes to the evil mess down on Route 1.

Lebron
    Participant

I noticed the 1978 weirdos are resuscitated.

Lebron
    Participant

Buddy and I were going back and forth about some baseball stuff – started with me saying Jack Clark actually wasn’t terrible in ’91 – and was looking up some guys.  I had no clue Phil Plantier hit 34 home runs and knocked in 100 for the ’93 Padres.  I mostly remember Joe Morgan saying looking at him hit was like watching a guy take a dump.

NASCL
    Participant

Jack Clark’s Red Sox career is defined by one thing – the Moosehead sign legend.

NASCL
    Participant

My only memory of the ’91 Red Sox is being bleepfaced at a Saturday afternoon game and Jeff Reardon giving the game, possibly the season, away by allowing a 9th inning home run by Bob Kelly.

Gimp
    Participant

Jack Clark’s Red Sox career is defined by one thing – the Moosehead sign legend.

Didn’t he hit a grand slam in his first game with the Sox?  I believe it was in Toronto.  After that…nuthin.

Lebron
    Participant

I forgot about that.  When something goes horribly wrong that same buddy and I still say JACKPOT! referring to the Herald headline day after the ‘91 opener in Toronto when Clark hit a game winning HR.

Feejis
    Participant

I forgot about that. When something goes horribly wrong that same buddy and I still say JACKPOT! referring to the Herald headline day after the ‘91 opener in Toronto when Clark hit a game winning HR.

Hit 28 HR on a team that hit a whopping 126. Led the team in SLG, only behind Boggs in OPS.

Humphrey
    Participant

I forgot about that. When something goes horribly wrong that same buddy and I still say JACKPOT! referring to the Herald headline day after the ‘91 opener in Toronto when Clark hit a game winning HR.

…and Gammons’ article on the same day (or maybe the next day), talking about Clark’s duende.

Participant

Goodell was eager to talk in detail about how he’d crushed a Pilates or SoulCycle workout. “It’s almost as if he’s making himself a Vince McMahon creation, right?” Leibovich said. “I’m the dick in the suit and I work out a lot. You can see it, because the suit is kinda tight.”

😆

Lebron
    Participant

Jose Mourinho walked out on the media today following Man U’s loss to Tottenham, basically saying fuck you to the assembled media I’ve won 3 titles.  I’m outraged again!!

NASCL
    Participant

Feejis
    Participant

Kirk claims mental illness one week, pushes Brady into hanging up this week – what’s next week? Will he lock himself in studio or will he call Elizabeth Warren a c-u-n-t?

Brian
    Participant

Sox are sputtering but Waxpack says they’ll definitely win so nothing to see here, please turn your eyes to the evil mess down on Route 1.

They are not sputtering. They are in a mini slump. How many times this season have they lost a series or been swept?? Not many.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 268 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar