Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 8/5 – 8/11/2019 Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 146 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Coma 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 147 total)
  • Author

Yahtzee
    Participant

Let’s talk about sports.

If Word Press will let us.

chicowalker
    Participant

To Alissa Banks:
    Your old man will be missed by
    thousands. Mostly me.

FUCK YOU. My god, what a ghoul.

jforb
    Participant

Probably too long term for it to work for her needs but I like the chick trying to kill him by destroying his kidneys. And I’d love to see the texts between them talking about PK.

Coma
    Participant

To Alissa Banks:

Your old man will be missed by

thousands. Mostly me.

FUCK YOU. My god, what a ghoul.

I would have guessed that was fake, but, as usual when PK is involved, it’s real.

It’s almost like he reflected on that story of Banks pointing out that he’s self-absorbed and unaware and decided “I’ll show you a lack of awareness. I miss your dad more than you do, Alissa.”

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Old friend LaAdrian Waddle tore his quad over the weekend.

I would imagine that hurts like fuck.

chicowalker
    Participant

Alissa is Banks’ wife. “your old man” like he’s fucking Sinatra.  I’m almost imoressed he could pack that much offense and obliviousness within the constraints of haiku, even if it’s a shitty haiku as always and only qualifies as such because of 5-7-5

speaking of, I hope that’s King’s cholesterol level the next time he has it checked and his dr, after recovering from seeing such an astronomical number simply shrugs and wishes him luck with his impending stroke

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

I love how Pete complains annually about the Hall of Fame speeches – Tony Gonzalez went 39 minutes! – yet he has no issue polluting the world with his longform bullshit on a weekly basis.  Guy gets inducted into the Hall of Fame once, he’s fucking earned it to speak one time for half an hour or so thanking everyone that influenced him and giving insight into who he is personally.  Everyone knows the deal going in, you aren’t there thinking the ceremony will be over in an hour.  He’s basically bitching that he’s not at the hotel bar racking up a tab to be paid by his employer.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Sounds like Bill opened up his podium talk this morning with comments on Banks.  Not sure of the content yet just saw that Banks’s son thanked him.  Yeah, Bill’s an asshole caller.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I love how Pete complains annually about the Hall of Fame speeches – Tony Gonzalez went 39 minutes! – yet he has no issue polluting the world with his longform bullshit on a weekly basis. Guy gets inducted into the Hall of Fame once, he’s fucking earned it to speak one time for half an hour or so thanking everyone that influenced him and giving insight into who he is personally. Everyone knows the deal going in, you aren’t there thinking the ceremony will be over in an hour. He’s basically bitching that he’s not at the hotel bar racking up a tab to be paid by his employer.

Yet I bet he’s on board with inflating the induction ceremonies with this “Centennial Committee” crap. Because, you know, the league wants it.  What if they played “get the hell off the stage” music in Canton like they do at the Oscars® when speeches go too long?  Can you imagine what Law or Reed or any hot-tempered inductee would do?   :lol:

1 user thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

I love how Pete complains annually about the Hall of Fame speeches – Tony Gonzalez went 39 minutes! – yet he has no issue polluting the world with his longform bullshit on a weekly basis. Guy gets inducted into the Hall of Fame once, he’s fucking earned it to speak one time for half an hour or so thanking everyone that influenced him and giving insight into who he is personally. Everyone knows the deal going in, you aren’t there thinking the ceremony will be over in an hour. He’s basically bitching that he’s not at the hotel bar racking up a tab to be paid by his employer.

If I’m remembering the story correctly, PK is given his own microphone when the HOF committee meets because he talks so much. And that’s every meeting, year after year. The actual inductees speaking “too long” on the day they they are specifically being honored is too much, though.

Lebron
    Participant

Pete using ‘I woke up’ is perfect because Don Banks died in his sleep and didn’t.

Participant

So when 20 people go in next year they do it over 2 nights?   Start at 10 AM?  Jerry Lewis Telethon Style and go straight thru for 20 hours?

Peter did not get the Leung article from 10 days ago I guess?

“I tried the Florida Cracker Belgian Wit, and it was mindful of Allagash White—not quite as yeasty- or citrusy. But a solid beer. And what a cool spot.”

Sure Pete – it’s exactly the same.

“I bet the Pentagon correspondents for CNN and NBC would have killed to be reporting from the deck of an aircraft carrier in the Middle East on the simmering tensions between the U.S. and Iran. It’s the equivalent of me being inside an important team’s draft room on draft weekend and reporting what goes on way behind the scenes.”

3 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

Killed to be on the deck of a warship in a potential war zone?

Lebron
    Participant

Of course had the interns drive and then tried ordering one to stop for a piss break.  She refused.

Coma
    Participant

Alissa is Banks’ wife. “your old man” like he’s fucking Sinatra. I’m almost imoressed he could pack that much offense and obliviousness within the constraints of haiku, even if it’s a shitty haiku as always and only qualifies as such because of 5-7-5

speaking of, I hope that’s King’s cholesterol level the next time he has it checked and his dr, after recovering from seeing such an astronomical number simply shrugs and wishes him luck with his impending stroke

Clearly, I didn’t read the latest FMIA column. Addressing that to Banks’ wife is more offensive than if it was directed to one of his kids. Even saying “your old man” is terrible because I’m sure Alissa Banks is thinking and hearing a lot of “But he was so young” today.

I guess when your gimmick is a haiku and you need to make it work, decorum be damned.

Participant

Walking into a propeller is almost as dangerous as having an unpopped popcorn kernel of Jerry Jones get wedged between your molars.

Pete using ‘I woke up’ is perfect because Don Banks died in his sleep and didn’t.

Jesus, I completely missed that. He can’t help but use the absolute worst possible words. It’s savantlike, his ability to be completely inappropriate every goddamn time.

6 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

Do we have a compilation of those? That’s where I was going with the warship thing too.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Do we have a compilation of those? That’s where I was going with the warship thing too.

There might have been a list back when Pete was ‘blown away’ by the response to the marathon bombings.

chicowalker
    Participant

I tried that Cigar City beer yesterday for the first time.    That beer: Allagash white = Kurt Vonnegut:Peter King

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Sleep well, sweet prince

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Enes Kanter and some guy who ate Patrick Ewing :blink:

Suzy
    Participant

There might have been a list back when Pete was ‘blown away’ by the response to the marathon bombings.

IIRC, he “had a blast” visiting Boston shortly thereafter.

Humphrey
    Participant

Walking into a propeller is almost as dangerous as having an unpopped popcorn kernel of Jerry Jones get wedged between your molars.

Might be the first and only time anyone (himself) will talk about Peter King and Ernie Pyle in the same sentence.

Participant

The tough NY press is at it again.

“Winning teams bitch at umpires and then do things like win the game, as the Yankees did on the day when Boone delivered his “f—ing savages” rant, which may well be remembered as the Gettysburg Address of his administration.”

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 147 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar