Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 8/5 – 8/11/2019 Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 146 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Coma 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 147 total)
  • Author

chicowalker
    Participant

Bugs me more than it should that fatty said that he wrote Banks’ obit sitting at an airport PJ McStuffins’ or wherever.  I get it, he travels a lot so i don’t blame him for choosing the venue out of necessity, but adding that detail is more of his patented look-at-me bullshit.  No days off! Except for two months a year, plus I don’t drive myself, plus I can do my “job” in balloon-seated basketball shorts…

7 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Today must be triggered by the Patriots day at my office.  I have guys IM’ing me with ‘Patriots have such an easy schedule again!’

1 user thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

PJ McStuffins, any relation to Doc?

NASCL
    Participant

Brady put his house on the market.  TEC will be calling a doctor in four hours.

Lefty

One day into joint practices and noted recluse and worlds most in shape man who does nothing but work out 24/7/365 JJ Watt has a groin injury.

Lefty

Brady put his house on the market. TEC will be calling a doctor in four hours.

Which house?

thatsnotwhatisaid
    Participant

One day into joint practices and noted recluse and worlds most in shape man who does nothing but work out 24/7/365 JJ Watt has a groin injury.

I saw something yesterday saying the Texans were forcing him to dial it down to keep him healthy.  he works too hard for his own good!

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Brady was rumored to be looking at homes in one of those uber wealthy New Jersey and/or Connecticut enclaves. How long before some media dolt claims Brady will jump ship to the Jets or Giants in 2020. :dry:

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

I read a few weeks ago that Brady and Gisele had put their NYC-area home on the market and were house-hunting in the northern Jersey suburbs.  Are they also selling the estate in Chestnut Hill?

No matter. Kid Gas already reminds us today that the new contract is essentially a sham and that nothing is guaranteed past this season, fan boys!!!  Which made me think two things: he works for a guy who just gave Chris Sale a horrible, guaranteed contract, and no one is guaranteeing that the Globe itself will still be around, at least under its current management, in 2020 or 2021.

EDIT: Keep misspelling Bundchen’s name. I should just call her “Gazelle,” like WF used to.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Of course Phil Rivers commutes from San Diego to LA every day and everyone thinks it’s awesome.

jforb
    Participant

Hey if you could pay someone to drive, you’d take an extra 2 hours to stay away from 9 kids too.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Christ those new Jets unis are horrible.

Nick B
    Participant

Christ those new Jets unis are horrible.

fixed

3 users thanked author for this post.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Hey if you could pay someone to drive, you’d take an extra 2 hours to stay away from 9 kids too.

He has a killer setup on that tour bus. He “watches film” during his 2 hour commute up the 5. Sure thing pal.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

He has a killer setup on that tour bus. He “watches film” during his 2 hour commute up the 5. Sure thing pal.

That can be a very distracting drive.   :lol:

Lefty

Maybe they could sneak in a documentary on birth control

Lefty

This just in:  The Red Sox Suck.

”Hohler!  Line up a Patriots hit piece.  Maybe hire a sketch artist to do a rendering of Kraft’s happy ending.  We need a diversion!”

jforb
    Participant

Why did anyone think trading for a Baltimore pitcher was a good idea?

BrianInLA
    Participant

He actually was Baltimore’s best pitcher. I had him on a few of my fantasy teams and as soon as he got to the Sox he blew. He had a 121 ERA+ this year before the trade with a 1.194 whip. Since the trade its 70 ERA+ and 1.757 before tonight.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Dombrowski is in a serious slump.  CHB, the Undisputed and Singular Voice of New England Sports Fans, is rallying the torch-carrying mob. Dave had better have his bags packed and an Uber on the way.

:dry:

Participant

Dombrowski is in a serious slump. CHB, the Undisputed and Singular Voice of New England Sports Fans, is rallying the torch-carrying mob. Dave had better have his bags packed and an Uber on the way.

:dry:<noscript>:dry:</noscript>

In a fire or on a hill Danny or anywhere for that matter.

“Fans who don’t think Bill Parcells should be in the Patriots Hall of Fame are irrational, immature, or just too young to know anything.

The Krafts want you to think they are the ones who turned the franchise around. No. Everything changed when Parcells was hired by then-owner James Orthwein. Parcells delivered instant credibility and got a 2-14 team into a Super Bowl in four seasons. He brought Bill Belichick to New England. He drafted Lawyer Milloy, Tedy Bruschi, Ty Law, Curtis Martin, and Willie McGinest.

Parcells left on bad terms after Kraft betrayed him, instructing Bobby Grier to make a first-round draft pick behind Parcells’s back.

Ask yourselves this, Parcells haters: How would Belichick have handled things if Kraft ordered Nick Caserio to overrule Belichick on draft day — without informing Belichick of what was going to happen?”

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Why did anyone think trading for a Baltimore pitcher was a good idea?

Beard-O has been a tremendous disappointment. At least they didn’t give up much for him. Probably not much more Cora can do to light a fire under these guys but forceably shaving Cashner in front of the whole club house can’t hurt.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Dombrowski is in a serious slump. CHB, the Undisputed and Singular Voice of New England Sports Fans, is rallying the torch-carrying mob. Dave had better have his bags packed and an Uber on the way.

:dry:<noscript>:dry:</noscript>

In a fire or on a hill Danny or anywhere for that matter.

“Fans who don’t think Bill Parcells should be in the Patriots Hall of Fame are irrational, immature, or just too young to know anything.

The Krafts want you to think they are the ones who turned the franchise around. No. Everything changed when Parcells was hired by then-owner James Orthwein. Parcells delivered instant credibility and got a 2-14 team into a Super Bowl in four seasons. He brought Bill Belichick to New England. He drafted Lawyer Milloy, Tedy Bruschi, Ty Law, Curtis Martin, and Willie McGinest.

Parcells left on bad terms after Kraft betrayed him, instructing Bobby Grier to make a first-round draft pick behind Parcells’s back.

Ask yourselves this, Parcells haters: How would Belichick have handled things if Kraft ordered Nick Caserio to overrule Belichick on draft day — without informing Belichick of what was going to happen?”

WordPress, how do I hate thee? Let me count the ways.  You eat posts and constantly prompt me to update my Flash player, which just introduces unwanted adware to my system.

Lebron
    Participant

Having the final say on draft picks was not in Parcells’s job description.  It is in Belichick’s job description.  Not that hard Danny.

Lebron
    Participant

Sure caller, the contract stuff is ‘resolved’ but what about this real estate issue?  We all know Kraft got Tom in to that fancy neighborhood, now he’s poised to pull a sweet profit.  It’s circumventing the salary cap!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 147 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar