Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 8/5 – 8/11/2019 Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 146 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Coma 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 147 total)
  • Author

jforb
    Participant

Pretty sure even if that happened with Belichick, he’d do the classy thing and work hard at the job until there was an appropriate time to quit and not take the SB off.

Also, “extreme frostbite” is recoverable?

1 user thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

My take on the Tom Brady house stuff … I don’t think this timing is coincidental. I think Brady is a little miffed he didn’t get what he wanted in the contract and is throwing a little bit of a tantrum, which he does from time to time. But it always smoothes out, usually when the team starts playing well. Yes, I think he’s back next season.

Nothing hot here. Or sensical.

Lebron
    Participant

Brown posted a picture of his feet over the weekend and I said to my wife that looks like he just got off of Everest.  Close enough.  And even Rex would be disgusted by that photo.

So the logic is Brady is so pissed about the contract that he’s selling his house?

Humphrey
    Participant

Brown posted a picture of his feet over the weekend and I said to my wife that looks like he just got off of Everest. Close enough. And even Rex would be disgusted by that photo.

So the logic is Brady is so pissed about the contract that he’s selling his house?

So Brown put his feet in the same shit that Ted Williams’ head’s been in? Jesus.

Lebron
    Participant

I think he was doing cryotherapy which is putting yourself in a chamber that’s -200+ for a couple of minutes.  It’s all the rage now, in fact there’s a mobile outfit around here that has the chambers in a van and will come to your house.  You have to wear specific socks/slippers and gloves so your extremities don’t get frostbite.  Sounds like he fucked up the footwear.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Rothlissburger put his house up for sale I assume this has caused an equal furor in the media coverage of the Steelers.

Participant

My take on the Tom Brady house stuff … I don’t think this timing is coincidental. I think Brady is a little miffed he didn’t get what he wanted in the contract and is throwing a little bit of a tantrum, which he does from time to time. But it always smoothes out, usually when the team starts playing well. Yes, I think he’s back next season.

Good thing it’s not on the Cape or it would never sell because of the sharks.

Participant

I think he was doing cryotherapy which is putting yourself in a chamber that’s -200+ for a couple of minutes. It’s all the rage now, in fact there’s a mobile outfit around here that has the chambers in a van and will come to your house. You have to wear specific socks/slippers and gloves so your extremities don’t get frostbite. Sounds like he fucked up the footwear.

A Boston sports media member tried it – let’s just say Dr Leonard is not cryotherapy proof.

Image result for otto preminger mr freeze

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Dombrowski is in a serious slump. CHB, the Undisputed and Singular Voice of New England Sports Fans, is rallying the torch-carrying mob. Dave had better have his bags packed and an Uber on the way.

:dry:<noscript>:dry:</noscript>

In a fire or on a hill Danny or anywhere for that matter.

“Fans who don’t think Bill Parcells should be in the Patriots Hall of Fame are irrational, immature, or just too young to know anything.

The Krafts want you to think they are the ones who turned the franchise around. No. Everything changed when Parcells was hired by then-owner James Orthwein. Parcells delivered instant credibility and got a 2-14 team into a Super Bowl in four seasons. He brought Bill Belichick to New England. He drafted Lawyer Milloy, Tedy Bruschi, Ty Law, Curtis Martin, and Willie McGinest.

Parcells left on bad terms after Kraft betrayed him, instructing Bobby Grier to make a first-round draft pick behind Parcells’s back.

Ask yourselves this, Parcells haters: How would Belichick have handled things if Kraft ordered Nick Caserio to overrule Belichick on draft day — without informing Belichick of what was going to happen?”

WordPress, how do I hate thee? Let me count the ways. You eat posts and constantly prompt me to update my Flash player, which just introduces unwanted adware to my system.

What the Clown-Haired Pustule doesn’t get, and will never get, is that even if Parcells is the man responsible for the turnaround of the franchise, that franchise would not be the New England Patriots but the St. Louis Stallions if Kraft hadn’t muscled Orthwein into selling.  And let’s not pretend that CHwould bury the hatchet if somehow the Krafts allowed Parcells into the PHOF.  This has everything to do with the breakfast snub of 1997 or whenever the hell it happened.

This is my last post, maybe last visit, for awhile. Can’t even click on this site without the Fake Flash Player Download virus pop-up box appearing. Too bad; this place is still good for a lot of laughter and insight every day.   :-(

2 users thanked author for this post.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

It’s not like Brady’s going to have an open house on Saturday with best and final offers on Tuesday. Takes a little while to sell a $40m home.

Coma
    Participant

Selling his house is “a little bit of tantrum?” How deranged do you need to be to come up with that kind of theory.

I know we’re talking about vastly different salaries and houses, but, if I didn’t get the raise I was looking for at work, it would never occur to me to put my house on the market as a sign of protest. No one I know would do that, either. I’m guessing that quote comes from Bedard, but even Volin wouldn’t be dumb enough to say that.

Big Fat O
    Participant

According to that skunk Madame Jones Brady selling his house is big news so all you fan boys take your head out of the sand.

The reason is he’s pissed at his contract and this is his last year even though he signed the contract.

It may be as simple as Giselle wants to be closer to NY for her business and be with the kids more. Brady can get a condo and go back and forth as he needs to. This rationale doesn’t generate calls.

Lebron
    Participant

If Brady really is pissed he’s putting on the best game face ever.  Joking about ‘it is what it is’ and explaining that even he himself understands that this is unchartered/unprecedented territory with regard to being 42 and 20 years with the same team.  He knows and understands.  Even going back to the Garoppolo bullshit, they draft him when Brady is what 36 or so logically thinking that he might be their next QB and lo and behold Brady is still playing at a screamingly high level at age 40, winning the fucking league MVP and throwing for over 500 yards in the Super Bowl.  No one in their right minds would have foreseen that or even know what to do when a decision has to be made or else Jimmy walks for nothing.

Participant

It’s not like Brady’s going to have an open house on Saturday with best and final offers on Tuesday. Takes a little while to sell a $40m home.

Take off your Century 21/Jack Conway footy pajamas and wake up. :lol:

3 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Look caller, he’s just going to do one of those Zillow ‘make me move’ deals and screw a real estate agent and lawyer out of their rightful and justified commissions/rates.

Participant

PHLEGM RIDDEN VOICE – “Um, AAAAAAH, I know a little something about real estate Callah.”

Feejis
    Participant

I said the same thing. Paul firemans house is next to Brady’s and has been listed for $38m for 3 years now. This thing isn’t closing anytime soon. Even if he is upset (he’s not) he won’t be living out of a camper in the parking lot.

Lebron
    Participant

Paul Fireman.  Haven’t heard that name in a while.  Didn’t he get approved and everything to buy the Patriots or at least get a majority share then razor boy swooped in at the last second?

RedSeat
    Participant

If I’m going to be asked to cook the meal, I’d like to be able to pick the groceries. . . But Law, Milloy, Martin , Bruschi, McGinest. That was all me. They let me pick them. My hands were tied on all the picks that didn’t work out.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Feejis
    Participant

Anyone see Hard Knocks? I can’t imagine BB talking to a player like Gruden did to Abram. That guy looks like a mega cunt already. Pancaking guys in no pad drills? Eff you.

Lebron
    Participant

I caught the last half of it.  Incognito must have a Molly prescription to keep him balanced.  Abram definitely seems like a shithead.  The scene where Carr takes the rookies all out to eat I would have told the waitperson I’ll pay for everyone except for the asshole that can’t pronounce ‘salmon.’  I liked how they had Raiders alumni weekend and everyone that showed looked ready to roll into the grave.  Guys like Vilipiano and Atkinson must get psyched for the annual free meal.  Probably ask for a credit at the old folks home ‘now I won’t be having dinner on Saturday night, I have plans!’

My guess is Bill would just tell Abram you’re done until you can take basic instruction.  They cut the one guy for not showing up to treatment on time, same thing, can’t take basic instruction or have to have to be led by their nose.  That guy was great, well no one told me I had to go to treatment.  The coach was like what the fuck you were told like 10 times.

Lebron
    Participant

“I regret leaving New England. Had we done things differently … ” Parcells recently told USA TODAY Sports. “I had a good young team there. I hated to leave that team, because I knew what we could do.

“I was absolutely too headstrong. And he might have been a little headstrong, too. I think both Kraft and myself, retrospectively, would have done things a little differently.”

I love how he speaks for Kraft.  I don’t think Kraft would change a fucking thing, especially looking at it retrospectively.  These 6 Super Bowls, nah, I would have rather have kept an attention whore always willing to publicly dally with stepping down or talking to other teams.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Surprising from Ryan the day after the press conference, whereas Shaughnessy said poor Parcells got screwed at every turn

And then there was the laugh-getting grocery’’ line. In reference to the power struggle that wasn’t a power struggle, he said, If they want you to cook the dinner, at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries.’’

Great line that. Our question is this: Bill, just how many times was a food you didn’t like shoved down your throat? Other than the Roast Glenn on a day you preferred Fried Brackens? How many times were you overruled? Let the world know how much your judgment was questioned so we can have a better idea why you have decided you can’t live with the Bob Kraft style of management.

Big Fat O
    Participant

No one knows or won’t talk about the behind the scenes of the Kraft -Parcells relationship. I think Kraft does respect Parcells and keeps his mouth shut but is using the HOF to make his point.

From what we have seen from Parcells I’m sure he wasn’t the nicest to Kraft. Parcells was a buddy of Shank via Willie and Kraft shut Shark out of the breakfast so you know where the alliance is.

Big Fat O
    Participant

It’s only a matter of time until Fraudway gets the gas pipe. His show is terrible and that’s being kind. Fauria is the dumbest man in the world and Futility Lou sucks.

Id rather listen to Felger shit on the Pats before Fraudway.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 147 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar