Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 8/5 – 8/11/2019 Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 146 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Coma 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 147 total)
  • Author

Yahtzee
    Participant

It’s only a matter of time until Fraudway gets the gas pipe. His show is terrible and that’s being kind. Fauria is the dumbest man in the world and Futility Lou sucks.

Id rather listen to Felger shit on the Pats before Fraudway.

EEI is really in trouble.

Yahtzee
    Participant

The owners of the Dolphins appears to have his own Trump problem. That’s a shame.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Participant

Chris Davis went after his manager mid game last night.

Davis, hitting .182/.269/.320 on the season with nine home runs in 247 at-bats, was immediately removed from the game by Hyde. Often affable, accessible and accountable, Davis didn’t make himself available to the media afterward.

The 3 A’s.

All injuries are different – but sprinter Justin Gatlin did the same thing Antonio Brown and he had to get a blister popper full time. :ohmy:

https://www.tmz.com/2019/08/08/justin-gatlin-antonio-brown-cryotherapy-feet-injury-frostbite/

chicowalker
    Participant

Listened to my first and last five minutes of the new WEEI morning show.  Oof.  As terrible as Mutt and Callahan was, at least you knew what you were listening to- it was it’s own thing, if that makes sense.  the only thing that oriented Hillman as being in Boston/new England was the area codes of the text messages he was reading.  Could have been a morning zoo anywhere.  Did you know there are strip club billboards in Florida? :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :lol: :lol: :lol: :weei: :weei: :weei:

5 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

Chico, Sorry you missed Sully from GodSmack yesterday – but it’s available for download.

jforb
    Participant

But, Mike Trout is coming to town. Maybe Mookie can learn a few things from the reigning superstar.

Such as?

Forgot to check the other day when it happened, but it was 41 days from 10100 to 10200.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Chico, Sorry you missed Sully from GodSmack yesterday – but it’s available for download.

I wouldn’t say I’ve been missing it.

BrianInLA
    Participant

According to Simmons Brady is pissed and planning to retire after this season and only he, Belichick and Kraft know this plan. Didn’t someone on here point out that the Pats would be on the hook for $13 million in dead money or something like that if they don’t work something out with Brady? Simmons also has a theory that the Pats may trade Brady to San Fran for Jimmy G. As if that makes any sense from San Fran’s point of view. Sad part is that people actually think Simmons has an inside track because he’s from Boston and they all run with it out here as gospel. All I can tell the people here at work is “Have you not learned anything?”

chicowalker
    Participant

Godsmack and Staind have been in a 25 year battle for “least favorite New England band” for me, dead heat the whole time

2 users thanked author for this post.

Lefty

Godsmack and Staind have been in a 25 year battle for “least favorite New England band” for me, dead heat the whole time

Somewhere in an obscure section of Peabody, Gary Cherone sheds a single tear.  And no one notices.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

Ernie and The Automatics round out your top 3?

jforb
    Participant

Staind wins that by quite a distance. Not that I’m saying anything good about Godsmack here. Probably unpopular opinion, but Aerosmith would be in the running too.

chicowalker
    Participant

Yeah as I think of it Staind is worse.  What kind of music is it? Sad slow metal? “Been a while” is a war crime.  They managed to make a cover of Beetlejuice’s theme song a slog.

Aerosmith doesn’t get enough hate.  The only thing they have in common w/the Stones is longevity and substance abuse.

My Ernie and the Automatics exposure, while a concentrated dose, was fortunately limited to 40 minutes or so, never to be revisited.

Suzy
    Participant

Yeah as I think of it Staind is worse. What kind of music is it? Sad slow metal? “Been a while” is a war crime. They managed to make a cover of Beetlejuice’s theme song a slog.

Aerosmith doesn’t get enough hate. The only thing they have in common w/the Stones is longevity and substance abuse.

My Ernie and the Automatics exposure, while a concentrated dose, was fortunately limited to 40 minutes or so, never to be revisited.

Remember that feature where musicians would go on the record about a popular band they HATED? Can’t recall what website it was on now but pretty sure you’re the one who turned me on to it.

In any event, the guy who hated Aerosmith REALLY REALLY hated them. “Man, that band SUCKS…has always SUCKED….”  :lol:

Suzy
    Participant

Listened to my first and last five minutes of the new WEEI morning show. Oof. As terrible as Mutt and Callahan was, at least you knew what you were listening to- it was it’s own thing, if that makes sense. the only thing that oriented Hillman as being in Boston/new England was the area codes of the text messages he was reading. Could have been a morning zoo anywhere. Did you know there are strip club billboards in Florida? :ohmy:<noscript>:ohmy:</noscript>:ohmy:<noscript>:ohmy:</noscript>:ohmy:<noscript>:ohmy:</noscript>:lol:<noscript>:lol:</noscript>:lol:<noscript>:lol:</noscript>:lol:<noscript>:lol:</noscript>:weei:<noscript>:weei:</noscript>:weei:<noscript>:weei:</noscript>:weei:<noscript>:weei:</noscript>

:lol:

It’s almost impossible to adequately convey how abysmally bad the show is. Pick any random five minutes you can stomach and it will be the shittiest radio you’ve ever heard. :blink: :ohmy:

Lebron
    Participant

:Ducking: I’ve never had an issue with Godsmack, albeit not my favorite.  Aerosmith was dead around ’87, I actually didn’t hate Done With Mirrors and will still listen to Rocks/Toys in the Attic/Draw the Line.

Gary Cherone cracked me up, he did one of those VH1 shows years ago where this guy tried to get bands back together, the host encountered Cherone in a Home Depot parking lot as he was remodeling his house.  This was post Van Halen.  Cherone asked the guy for ID :lol:   then ended up taking him back to his house to show him all the work he’d done.  Guy starts talking about getting the band back together for this show and Cherone says sure I’d do it but you’ll never get Nuno.  Guy says leave that to me.  Finds the other 2 guys, one guy is some alpaca farmer type and the other is a producer, and both say exactly what Cherone said, you’ll never get Nuno.  Guy goes to LA to get Nuno at a restaurant and Nuno starts throwing shit at him telling him to get out.  I believe they’ve subsequently gotten back together.

City on a Hill artfully deployed Still Want You from the Del Fuegos an episode or 2 ago.

Yahtzee
    Participant

:lol:

It’s almost impossible to adequately convey how abysmally bad the show is. Pick any random five minutes you can stomach and it will be the shittiest radio you’ve ever heard. :blink::ohmy:

Pablum: bland or insipid intellectual fare, entertainment, etc.;

Lebron
    Participant

According to Simmons Brady is pissed and planning to retire after this season and only he, Belichick and Kraft know this plan. Didn’t someone on here point out that the Pats would be on the hook for $13 million in dead money or something like that if they don’t work something out with Brady? Simmons also has a theory that the Pats may trade Brady to San Fran for Jimmy G. As if that makes any sense from San Fran’s point of view. Sad part is that people actually think Simmons has an inside track because he’s from Boston and they all run with it out here as gospel. All I can tell the people here at work is “Have you not learned anything?”

On the twitters it was @thatDaveBrown that points out the cap hit.  I also saw the trade Brady for Jimmy on twitter as well but thought it was a local guy.  Sounds like Bill is now farming out for his dumb takes.

Participant

High Pants is all in on the under the table payments thingy.

If Red had done it, it would have been a stroke of genius.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Suzy
    Participant

He’s such an embarrassment, even by Globe standards.

Lebron
    Participant

And all he has is “hey, I’m just repeating what’s out there.”  So no attempt to look in to anything, I’m just going to repeat stuff, how is that even a job?

I’m sure Bob loves the Larry Bird Exception to the NBA cap.

Big Fat O
    Participant

If Brady didn’t like his contract why did he sign it?

Lebron
    Participant

Belichick held a gun to his head and Kraft assured Brady that either his brains or his signature would be on that contract.  That’s a true story.

7 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

Belichick held a gun to his head and Kraft assured Brady that either his brains or his signature would be on that contract. That’s a true story.

Image result for jonathan kraft“That’s my family Kay Adams, that’s not me.”

5 users thanked author for this post.

Feejis
    Participant

I’m unclear how this under the table/TB12 scheme works. TB12 has a lease and pays rent to Kraft Group. But they really don’t pay it and deposit in Tom’s account instead? Or they’re paying well below FMV so Tom’s business is getting a break meaning more $ for Tom? Or is TB12 the beneficiary of a corporate wellness contract with Kraft but none of the Kraft employees actually participate? Or is it just the old fashioned duffel bags full of cash deposited every week?

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 147 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar