Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 8/5 – 8/11/2019 Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 146 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Coma 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 147 total)
  • Author

Lebron
    Participant

It’s a bunch of write offs.  They just write it off.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

It’s a bunch of write offs. They just write it off.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

If Brady didn’t like his contract why did he sign it?

They got him in a room, obviously. Signing is the only way out.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I’m unclear how this under the table/TB12 scheme works. TB12 has a lease and pays rent to Kraft Group. But they really don’t pay it and deposit in Tom’s account instead? Or they’re paying well below FMV so Tom’s business is getting a break meaning more $ for Tom? Or is TB12 the beneficiary of a corporate wellness contract with Kraft but none of the Kraft employees actually participate? Or is it just the old fashioned duffel bags full of cash deposited every week?

Yes

2 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

I’m unclear how this under the table/TB12 scheme works. TB12 has a lease and pays rent to Kraft Group. But they really don’t pay it and deposit in Tom’s account instead? Or they’re paying well below FMV so Tom’s business is getting a break meaning more $ for Tom? Or is TB12 the beneficiary of a corporate wellness contract with Kraft but none of the Kraft employees actually participate? Or is it just the old fashioned duffel bags full of cash deposited every week?

That’s what makes the scheme so nefarious. No one can explain exactly what is happening, but something must be going on.

If these “Brady’s getting paid under the table” people weren’t so dumb and lazy, they’d theorize that the Kraft group is funneling money to Victoria’s Secret, earmarked for Giselle, with Tom being the ultimate recipient. Everything related to TB12 would be completely above board because that would be the obvious place to look.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Big Fat O
    Participant

This sounds like a job for Holher to get to the bottom of this.

Im surprised Felger hasn’t made up some conspiracy theory on this topic.

Participant

This sounds like a job for Holher to get to the bottom of this.

Im surprised Felger hasn’t made up some conspiracy theory on this topic.

Suzy
    Participant

That’s what makes the scheme so nefarious. No one can explain exactly what is happening, but something must be going on.

If these “Brady’s getting paid under the table” people weren’t so dumb and lazy, they’d theorize that the Kraft group is funneling money to Victoria’s Secret, earmarked for Giselle, with Tom being the ultimate recipient. Everything related to TB12 would be completely above board because that would be the obvious place to look.

Anything Brady-related drives people out of their minds. He’s a shitty father who drags his kids over cliffs and admits he had to get used to the idea of son #2 (the non-bastard) being uninterested in football (the part where he says that was cool and he just started doing stuff the kid actually liked went largely unheeded). He’s pissed off about his contract and making threats. He’s selling his house with plans to move/play in NY or SF. He hates BB. He hates practice. And so on.

It’s fucking insane how nuts he makes people. Mostly asshole people but still.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Yahtzee
    Participant

I actually heard a variation of that this week on the sure-to-be-short-lived EEI morning show.

Brian
    Participant

I read that Fatty got pulled over today for talking on his cell. I guess he was talking to Dan Patrick.

8 users thanked author for this post.

BrianInLA
    Participant

Chico, Sorry you missed Sully from GodSmack yesterday – but it’s available for download.

Godsmack and Staind have been in a 25 year battle for “least favorite New England band” for me, dead heat the whole time

Somewhere in an obscure section of Peabody, Gary Cherone sheds a single tear. And no one notices.

I was working a concert when Cherone was frontman for Van Halen and backstage he was the most out of place musician I’ve ever seen. He was like the little kid who knew he didn’t belong at the grown up table and seemed like he just wanted to belong. “Hey Mike, do you want me to heat up your burrito for you?”

BrianInLA
    Participant

Anything Brady-related drives people out of their minds. He’s a shitty father who drags his kids over cliffs and admits he had to get used to the idea of son #2 (the non-bastard) being uninterested in football (the part where he says that was cool and he just started doing stuff the kid actually liked went largely unheeded). He’s pissed off about his contract and making threats. He’s selling his house with plans to move/play in NY or SF. He hates BB. He hates practice. And so on.

It’s fucking insane how nuts he makes people. Mostly asshole people but still.

The shitty father thing is very popular with the females here at work. I blame Simmons.

Coma
    Participant

I read that Fatty got pulled over today for talking on his cell. I guess he was talking to Dan Patrick.

Isn’t he currently on the fart bus tour with the slasher movie victims? One of them couldn’t drive while he talked to Dan Patrick?

I hope PK didn’t mention who he was or who he was talking to. After his stance on Bob Kraft and his response to a subsequent email from a reader, King should unconditionally plead guilty and demand the maximum punishment, plus a little extra because of his extraordinary moral character. If he doesn’t do that, then he’s the fraud we all know he is.

5 users thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

Actually meant this one

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  jforb.

Doncabesa
    Participant

Tawm E. is a flaming douchebag.

7 users thanked author for this post.

Lebron
    Participant

Rosie Ruiz won’t be down to take the T to the Marathon finish

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Rosie Ruiz won’t be down to take the T to the Marathon finish

Spread her ashes on the Green line.   :lol:

Big Fat O
    Participant

Don’t expect this during the regular season Tony. Brady has no one to pass to.

Your absolutely right Mike.

Thank god Little Krafty had got rid of Fauria but gave us Zo. Rochie got delegated to the radio?

chicowalker
    Participant

One can hope…

Lebron
    Participant

What an asshole.  Nope officer, no protest from me, in fact stop wasting my precious time with my potential recourse, I’m too valuable to the public.  Besides I have more money than God.  Now hurry this up so I can bless the listening world with my vast knowledge of the game of football.

Lebron
    Participant

Browns have a lot of Rex/Sanchize Jets in them.

Participant

My moolez tell me that Jakobi Meyers, Nick Brosette & Jarrett Stidham are the 3 finalists for the Week 1 Original LJ Shaw’s Sheetcake Player of The Game to be awarded tomorrow morning at 9:03 AM.

3 users thanked author for this post.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I can see a lot of ‘one-hit-wonder and ‘regression to the mean’ in Baker Mayfield.  Then again from a purely statistical standpoint aren’t the Browns due for something like a 10-6 year at some point?

Lebron
    Participant

The Browns are handing everything over to Mayfield, which is fine I guess considering their abysmal history what do they have to lose, but doing everything up to and including installing a head coach that appears to have no clue just to placate him isn’t exactly a model for success.  They’ll have their moments I’m sure, and the Bengals/Steelers/Ravens don’t make you think they can’t go 5-1 or 4-2 in those games at least.  But the revelry after a touchdown in the first preseason game complete with a choreographed celebration reminds me of the Jets patting themselves on the back and celebrating all through Hard Knocks in ’10.  One of these days I wouldn’t be surprised to see someone clock Mayfield as he runs to the end zone to celebrate a TD.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Browns are going to be pretty good over the next couple years. Let’s take it as a chance to bury the Steelers and Ravens.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 147 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar