Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 8/5 – 8/11/2019 Weekly Discussion Thread

This topic contains 146 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Coma 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 126 through 147 (of 147 total)
  • Author

Lebron
    Participant

Speaking of the Browns Antonio Callaway suspended 4 games for violating the substance abuse policy.  He seemed about 5 beers short of a 6 pack on Hard Knocks last year.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Peter King’s reaction to the reaction to his reckless driving is wholly predictable.

Hypocrite.

Participant

Last word from me on this, and then, mercifully, I’ll stop clogging your feeds. I don’t own a car. I have not owned one since 2015. I was returning a rental car near my home in Brooklyn :lol: :lol

I respect the law, agree very much with the law, and told the officer I was guilty. I deserved the ticket. My point is about being on the front page of two national websites for the crime for it. That’s all.

Lebron
    Participant

“National” websites?  As opposed to what, ‘hyperlocal’?

And they’ve bluetooth/handsfree in cars pretty standardly since like what 2010ish?

Lebron
    Participant

This is great.  What the fuck did Gruden and Mayock expect?

wear his old helmet, he will not play football again, league sources told ESPN on Friday.

League sources told ESPN that Brown had a two-hour conference call with league officials on Friday in an attempt to argue why he should be allowed to wear his 10-year-old helmet.

A decision could come as early as next week, sources told ESPN.

Brown wants be allowed to wear the helmet he prefers, not one of the helmets that league rules mandate, league sources said. Brown believes the certified helmet that rules mandate he wears protrudes out and interferes with his vision as he tries to catch the football.

The Raiders have been sending Brown other approved helmets to wear but, at this time, he is not interested in wearing any of them.

League sources also told ESPN that Brown’s recent absence from Raiders training camp has more to do with his helmet than with his feet. He suffered extreme frostbite on his feet as a result of not wearing appropriate footwear when he entered a cryotherapy chamber last month in France, a source told ESPN.

The helmet that Brown is comfortable in and has worn throughout his career with the Pittsburgh Steelers — believed to be the Schutt Air Advantage helmet, which the company has discontinued making — is no longer certified by the National Operating Committee for Standards and Athletic Equipment (NOCSAE).

2 users thanked author for this post.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

So after Antonio Brown suffers injuries to his feet because of not wearing the recommended equipment…

…he’s trying to lobby the NFL to not wear the recommended equipment.

1 user thanked author for this post.

jforb
    Participant

Really too bad he still isn’t with the Steelers, Raiders would be a clusterfuck anyway.

Coma
    Participant

Peter King’s reaction to the reaction to his reckless driving is wholly predictable.

Hypocrite.

Even when accepting responsibility, he can’t avoid being an asshole. In addition to the tweets 02062 posted, he had another where he said “It’s like I murdered someone.” If you’re going to accept blame, then just say “I was 100% in the wrong” and shut up about everything else.

You’ve got a national sports column, you’re on NBC every Sunday night during football season, you demand restaurants open early or stay open late to accommodate you’re schedule, you scoff at guidelines like life vests in boats, the “quiet car,” and the “bicycle only” lane. Maybe it is noteworthy when you have a brush with the law. Also, you lack the self-awareness to realized this, but you’re such a sanctimonious dickbag that some of your colleagues enjoyed putting that story on the front page of two different websites.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Coma.
    9 users thanked author for this post.

Participant

Haven’t heard the audio, hoping he pulled the Moe Green “Do you know who I am?”

Lebron
    Participant

It’s really typical of so many people anymore, simply can’t admit fault or take accountability or apologize for anything.  Look what you made me do.  Its that guy’s fault.  Look over there not over here.  Blame him.  And of course the hardo unapologetic brutal honesty bullshit that’s all the rage.

jforb
    Participant

NYPost has some. “Hey Dan, guess what? This is hilarious” and then when he called back “that was fun” while laughing. 50/50 he called back while driving again

Humphrey
    Participant

Idle thought: A generation ago we would have heard several lame EGA law firm jokes involving the now departed Jeffrey Epstein.

Humphrey
    Participant

NYPost has some. “Hey Dan, guess what? This is hilarious” and then when he called back “that was fun” while laughing. 50/50 he called back while driving again

Doesn’t the moron have bluetooth in his car….he certainly has the means to own such a vehicle.

Yahtzee
    Participant

It was a rental.

You see, Pete doesn’t actually have a car because he lives in Manhattan/Brooklyn where you can’t afford to.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

When did Ironhead get a podcast? How many episodes has he done? I just listened to the Matt Chatham interview. Fantastic.

Yahtzee
    Participant

When did Ironhead get a podcast? How many episodes has he done? I just listened to the Matt Chatham interview. Fantastic.

I think that’s the first one.

Rickkyboy
    Participant

I think that’s the first one.

Great debut then. He sounds tall.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

What’s it called?

jforb
    Participant

Lebron
    Participant

Interesting that Chatham chose the Rams as a UDFA because of Leonard Little’s drunk driving/killing someone and his agent saying hey there might be a spot there.

BrianInLA
    Participant

The podcast is great. Far better than that idiot Simmons that I’m stuck listening to all day who, by comparison, comes off as knowing absolutely nothing about the Boston sports scene. It has a very BSMW-edge to it which I definitely approve of as well as the use of the word “mediots”. They have a few more already in the can. Looking forward to them.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Coma
    Participant

I didn’t want this day to pass without noting that it’s the 5 year anniversary of Robin Williams passing. This week, please try to say something upsetting to a waiter.

6 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 22 posts - 126 through 147 (of 147 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar