Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 8/29-8/30/2015 Weekend Thread

This topic contains 101 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by  Tom Pepper 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 102 total)
  • Author

BSF34
    Participant

Howe reports Develin has a broken tibia. Out 6-8 weeks.

Wait, what?

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Could be worse. If you’re optimistic, he’s back for game 5.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I really like the hindsight reasonableness everyone would have had with the Patriots having a glib explanation for deflated footballs 36 hours after the AFCCG. The press would have been like, “ideal gas law? Never heard of it but we take you at your word. Good luck against Seattle! I hope Tom throws for touchdowns and you win the game on a thrilling goal line interception play!”

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

Howe reports Develin has a broken tibia. Out 6-8 weeks.

IR designated to return or back sooner?

Yahtzee
    Participant

Thinking about ITT yesterday; I wonder if you can’t plus or minus if you started the thread. BSF34, can you do that today?

Florida Sox Fan
    Participant

It seems like you can only edit your own post for a short period of time.

Or am I pulling a Brian and missing something?

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Simple Ben would like you all to know that Jim McBride of your Boston Globe was the first to report the Develin break that we all saw happen live.

Tom Pepper
    Participant

Wasn’t PK supposed to be at the game last night? Doesn’t appear like he was based on his Twitter.

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Jim Murray should be taken behind the barn and put out of his misery.

“If you think Reggie Wayne is going to catch for 1300 yards and 12 touchdowns, you’re delusional.”

Well, since NOT A SINGLE HUMAN has said that, I think we’re OK, jackass. Right from the Felger strawman playbook.

In other news, Gasper thinks the League would have come down just as hard on the Patriots without Mort’s report. Maybe, but since the League was responsible for the bad info in the first place, I’m not sure that’s a major revelation. Second, the major complaint was that the false report cemented negative public opinion, which the stupid League always seems to care about. If you’re going to punish the Patriots harshly anyway, what better way to look like heroes than to have the entire public clamoring for a major punishment before you even claim to have investigated the supposed infraction?

Tom Pepper
    Participant

I guess it wasn’t 100% that PK was going to cover the game. I am going to assume he didn’t go because he is a giant pussy.

Aug. 28: New England-Carolina preseason game (Charlotte, probable)

Turd Furguson
    Participant

R.I.P old board.

Kevin
    Participant

Funny that a broken bone is better news than a torn ligament.

Kevin
    Participant

Wonder if this means that Bolden is now safe.

Bruce
    Keymaster

So the Globe writes a full column about all the recent apologies ESPN has issued. Guess which one they left out?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2015/08/28/espn-worldwide-leader-apologies/NEUOdDDyp1I5KfingYaUZK/story.html?s_campaign=bostonglobe%3Asocialflow%3Atwitter

You can set up signatures now.

InThisTown
    Participant

It was a source of shame to Callum Borchers around the Globe offices because he had no recorded ancestors on either side of the Battle of Trapelo Road.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

There is a weekend thread on the old board, but all I get is a database error. It the old one working for some people?

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

mark in nh
    Participant

All I’m getting is the error.

jforb
    Participant

Caught a couple seconds of the Sox postgame show on EEI last night. In the recap, the dimwit host was insisting Sandoval was thrown out in the bottom of whatever inning because he was sure the ball was fair. :blink:

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

©Copyright 2012, A Swish Theme

Dave Andelman is involved?

My agenda is truth.

BSF34
    Participant

Does the new board have a null thread?

Wait, what?

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Old board dun? Please tell me this one is going to look better.

My agenda is truth.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

R.I.P old board.

“Gentlemen, we’ve lost the Moon.”

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Rickkyboy
    Participant

Funny how long the old board stayed up issue free since this board was created. Then someone mentions how good the old board had been doing and crash, we are here now.

BSF34
    Participant

Funny how long the old board stayed up issue free since this board was created. Then someone mentions how good the old board had been doing and crash, we are here now.

As always, blame Brian :lol:

Wait, what?

Turd Furguson
    Participant

I’m assuming this is version 1.0 of the new board? It doesn’t take me to where I left off last

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar