Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9/12/2018 Daily Thread – Like a Brock

This topic contains 84 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Coma 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 85 total)
  • Author

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Are we burning out over the local teams’ successes? 8:45 and no one has yet celebrated the Sox officially reaching post-season and the Pats first victory (three day-long pigskin post-mortems used to be commonplace). Isn’t everybody supposed to be back by Labor Day?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

You forgot the Bruins playing a preseason game in China.

:lol:

Could do a whole Letterman Top Ten List on this. “With a Little Help From My Friends”, “While My Guitar Gently Weeps”

Yahtzee
    Participant

Hard Day’s Night?

Participant

Please, please me

Coma
    Participant

Norwegian Wood?

chicowalker
    Participant

jason Isbell fans- what albums would you recommend for a neophyte?  I’ve never heard his music but I listened to an interview with him and that. combined w/the board love he’s received over the years (despite the concurrent Springsteen slavishness ;-) ) makes me want to check something out

Humphrey
    Participant

And Your Bird Can Sing
    Fixing a Hole (if there were female members of the masturbation group)
    Here Comes (The Sun)

chicowalker
    Participant

Help! :ohmy:

chicowalker
    Participant

which of course begets I Want to Hold Your Hand :blink:

Carry That Weight (if any of them were Berle-esque)

It Won’t Be Long (cracker challenge)

Long, long, long (Brian Epstein assessing the proceedings, given the rumors)

Feejis
    Participant

Twist and Shout.

BrianInLA
    Participant

jason Isbell fans- what albums would you recommend for a neophyte? I’ve never heard his music but I listened to an interview with him and that. combined w/the board love he’s received over the years (despite the concurrent Springsteen slavishness 😉 ) makes me want to check something out

I really like The Nashville Sound as well as well as Dirty South by the Drive By Truckers (which is what turned me on to him).

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Who knew that a 76 year old mans group masturbation story would be right in the boards wheel-house? :lol:

chicowalker
    Participant
    Here we stand junk in hand
    Crankin’ to ms. Bardot
    Such a lass those tits that ass
    I’m just about to OH!
    What’s that noise? Must be the boys
    Back early from the pub
    What the fuck! Just our luck
    Have to stop our tug..and..rub
    Paul you’ve got to hide your love away
    Paul you’ve got to hide your love away

Kingasaurus
    Participant
    Every once in a while, Chico reminds me of the board’s former glory.  :lol:

Yahtzee
    Participant

The Dong and Winding Road

(doesn’t really work but just wanted to type the word dong)

jforb
    Participant

Since they’re exactly 1000 apart:
    4/3/2018 7931
    9/11/2018 8931

Feejis
    Participant

I’d argue the Lions players reportedly being mad at Patricia means he’s actually doing a good job. Ooh, we have to work hard now!

Unrelated, but I’ve heard multiple people mocking the Raiders saying essentially they blew a lead and gave up a ton of 2nd half points because they traded their best defensive player who did a great job in his first game with the Bears.

Except the Bears blew a 17-0 halftime lead and gave up 24 points with that same guy on the field. So how would he have helped?

GusChiggins
    Participant

Seeing some of the information about the Lions, you’d think a ‘top’ NFL writer with past expiernce covering the Pats would be able to connect the importance of a strong, consistent tone at the top message with the Butler situation and write a really interesting article.  Woah, bro.

jforb
    Participant

Also in stupid thoughts: Rams’ success suggests preseason isn’t needed
    Did you watch the rest of the teams that rested players Florio?

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Josh Allen to start.  Thank fuck.

I was willing to give Peterman another shot this season….and he blew it

Lebron
    Participant

I don’t think “and he blew it” was a Beatles song.

Lebron
    Participant

He also must not have been paying attention to LaDanian Tomlinclassyson, who regularly sat out preseason.  A couple of other Chargers did as well in that era I believe.  History of older players staging fake holdouts/pondering retirement that would magically end with the end of camp and/or preseason.  In other words, what they did was hardly revolutionary and eyeopening to the necessity or lack of necessity for preseason.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

I watched Copland over the weekend for the 96th time

Hacksaw
    Participant

Born to Beat Off

Oh shoot thats Springsteen.

Hacksaw
    Participant

He also must not have been paying attention to LaDanian Tomlinclassyson, who regularly sat out preseason. A couple of other Chargers did as well in that era I believe. History of older players staging fake holdouts/pondering retirement that would magically end with the end of camp and/or preseason. In other words, what they did was hardly revolutionary and eyeopening to the necessity or lack of necessity for preseason.

Ray Rice was pulling that retirement talk, then the video of him giving his wife a sidewalk nap showed up.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Who knew that a 76 year old mans group masturbation story would be right in the boards wheel-house? 😆

GolfWRX has that years ago.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Yahtzee
    Participant

The Globe apparently trolls former Patriots coaches.

I’m sure there’s a technical term for this but when Volin’s article shifts from page C1 to the continuation on a page inside the section, there’s a follow up headline.

Today’s: “Patricia’s debut a colossal flop”

The Globe apparently trolls former Patriots coaches.

I’m sure there’s a technical term for this but when Volin’s article shifts from page C1 to the continuation on a page inside the section, there’s a follow up headline.

Today’s: “Patricia’s debut a colossal flop”

Well, the Jimmy G trolling they were hoping to do didn’t work out, so they needed a fallback plan.

Suzy
    Participant

I’m just about to OH!

:lol:

jforb
    Participant

Didn’t realize Lennon had endurance issues.

Instant Karma

Claude45
    Participant

Since they’re exactly 1000 apart:

4/3/2018 7931

9/11/2018 8931

Did you let Pete King know?

Humphrey
    Participant

At least three Soprano minor characters in that one, plus Henry Hill and Jimmy Conway.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Now that Ray Liotta is on Chantix he should start calling the Stern show as Henry Hill.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

At least three Soprano minor characters in that one, plus Henry Hill and Jimmy Conway.

Oh, there’s more than that.  Carm, Paulie, Artie, Tony’s neighbor with the gambling problem, Gloria, Leotardo, Carlo, the FBI boss.  Plus the gay commissioner from the Wire, and a guy from Bosch.

Chuck Schick
    Participant

Carmella, Paulie, Dave Scatino, Gloria, Carlo, and I think Mikey Palmici. Love that flick, everyone is SOMEONE I KNOW!

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

NY Central Casting.  Every guinea in the 5 boroughs with a SAG card worked.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Also the african american guy from King of Queens, and that dude from the West Wing.

Chuck Schick
    Participant

Seriously. How is Joe Pesci NOT in it? Cousin Vinny conflict? Sad!

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Robert Patrick with one of the great cop mustaches in cinema history.

chicowalker
    Participant

Didn’t realize Lennon had endurance issues.

Instant Karma

Mind Games was originally lennon just reciting old baseball stats

Coma
    Participant

I was too lazy to comment yesterday about the SI/MMQB/Breer announcement. The title of the press release (“Nationally Renowned NFL Expert” –link) was so over the top, I’m not even sure Breer could have written it. Then again, maybe he did or was completely fine with it. Also, if you’re Klemko or Vrentas, how pissed off must you be now? They were both there from the beginning of MMQB in 2013. Breer joined in April, 2016 and he’s the guy who gets tabbed for a “leading role?” I think it was Lebron who pointed out last week 2 good, informative articles that LoveKlemko had produced recently. I don’t think anyone has ever said that about a Breer article. Also, Breer never stays at one employer for an extended period. The only thing I can think of is that the higher ups at SI thought “He reminds me of a young me” and ignored Albert’s lack of talent and penchant for wearing out his welcome.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

JT The Brick was shitcanned from Fox Sports.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

jforb
    Participant

JT the Brick was still a thing?

Feejis
    Participant

Seeing folks using one bad game from Patricia to rip the Pats defensive system again.

They should definitely be more like a team like the Vikings with pretty defensive stats. They’d never let a schmuck like Foles torch them in a playoff matchup.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

jason Isbell fans- what albums would you recommend for a neophyte? I’ve never heard his music but I listened to an interview with him and that. combined w/the board love he’s received over the years (despite the concurrent Springsteen slavishness 😉 ) makes me want to check something out

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Callahardfoul
    Participant

I just want everyone to know I had “Fellow Rubmyween” workshopped and set to post at about 10:00 a.m. Didn’t think it met board standards.

best,

callahardfoul

Lebron
    Participant

Next thing you’ll tell me is the Fabulous Sports Babe is no longer on ESPN2!

Lefty

I think John would have done better staying in the league of extraordinary jerking gentlemen than connecting with Yoko fucking Ono.

Hacksaw
    Participant

Next thing you’ll tell me is the Fabulous Sports Babe is no longer on ESPN2!

Wait there is an ESPN 2? Whats next some sports radio show that has a smackoff?

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar