Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9/13/18 Daily Thread – The Hot 100

This topic contains 57 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Feejis 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 58 total)
  • Author

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

After pummelling opponents all season, win #100 is a 1-0 game with the one run scored on a passed ball?!?

I’ll take it.

Now, onto today’s hot topic: did the 2018 Red Sox commit the cardinal sin of celebrating its entry to the playoffs, and if they did was it honorable?

The monks from ESPN, BBBWA, and MarconiWatchers need to make sure nothing untoward happens and all achievements no matter how minor (e.g. first round of playoffs, Baseball writers’ faux Hall of Fame) are in no way trumpeted.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

I realize this is my personal hobbyhorse, but can someone take NFL Expert Insider Breer aside and tell him to look at the person he’s talking to and not sneaking nervous “How am I doin’?” glances to the camera constantly? Please?

O.K., then. Get him off of TV.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Dispeptic Thursday Continues!

NBC is touting the Sunday Night Football contest as a War of the Gods. It can only be …

0-1 NEW YORK Giants vs. 0-1 Dallas Cowboys.

A Night Destined for Greatness!

:wall:

chicowalker
    Participant

Christ, every fucking third SNF game is Cowboys-Giants

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Christ, every fucking third SNF game is Cowboys-Giants

They should air it on Week 17 where it’ll be the War for the #1 Overall Pick.

OK, #2 Overall Pick. We know Buffalo already has #1 reserved.

jforb
    Participant

I realize this is my personal hobbyhorse, but can someone take NFL Expert Insider Breer aside and tell him to look at the person he’s talking to and not sneaking nervous “How am I doin’?” glances to the camera constantly? Please?

O.K., then. Get him off of TV.

There might be a reason for that tic

Yahtzee
    Participant

After pummelling opponents all season, win #100 is a 1-0 game with the one run scored on a passed ball?!?

I’ll take it.

Now, onto today’s hot topic: did the 2018 Red Sox commit the cardinal sin of celebrating its entry to the playoffs, and if they did was it honorable?

The monks from ESPN, BBBWA, and MarconiWatchers need to make sure nothing untoward happens and all achievements no matter how minor (e.g. first round of playoffs, Baseball writers’ faux Hall of Fame) are in no way trumpeted.

Who would more hate the fact that they put “100 Wins!” on the scoreboard after the game?:  98.5 personnel or ITT

Feejis
    Participant

Is there a reason the Celtics haven’t released Bird yet? I’m surprised there isn’t more outrage about it.

chicowalker
    Participant

:lol:Larrie Bird retired in the nineti’es, Feej :pk:

Lebron
    Participant

Is there a reason the Celtics haven’t released Bird yet? I’m surprised there isn’t more outrage about it.

Was thinking the same thing.  Maybe there’s something with him being hospitalized and they want more info?

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Was thinking the same thing. Maybe there’s something with him being hospitalized and they want more info?

Looks like he’ll be arraigned today.

GusChiggins
    Participant

Boy that Andy Benoit sure knows a lot about football. Reading through his tweets is a real treat.

chicowalker
    Participant

Don’t hate the Steelers enough? Antonio Brown’s (5) kids are named Antonio Jr. (fine) Antanyah (JFC) Autonomy (fuck off) Ali (fine) and Apollo (eh..) all have instagram accounts, including the 1 year old, with 30K plus followers.  Bring on the goddamn nukes

chicowalker
    Participant

Also well worn territory, but I looked up all time leading receivers.  Of the top 25 in receptions, 7 have won rings, and 4 of those were in two sb (Harrison/Wayne and Holt/Bruce) 11 of the top 25 never went to a SB.  Weaponzz.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Boy that Andy Benoit sure knows a lot about football. Reading through his tweets is a real treat.

Is it pronounced “Be-NOYT” as in Benjamin or Joan, or “Ben-WAH,” as in …………….. those spheroids used for (ahem) personal pleasuring (back me up here, BiLA!)  ;-)

Lebron
    Participant

These self appointed film watchers are the worst.  Couple that with the vocabulary of the drunk convict from In Living Color and you get Benoit.  Also, lives with his cats in Idaho.

Lebron
    Participant

I like how ESPN is pimping the ‘Marrone hasn’t watched the Super Bowl in 40 years!’ angle like it’s fresh.  He already gave you that info in January.

Coma
    Participant

Don’t hate the Steelers enough? Antonio Brown’s (5) kids are named Antonio Jr. (fine) Antanyah (JFC) Autonomy (fuck off) Ali (fine) and Apollo (eh..) all have instagram accounts, including the 1 year old, with 30K plus followers. Bring on the goddamn nukes

Just wait until Autonomy understands what his name means – “Mom, Dad, I hear what you’re saying, but you can’t tell me what to do. I’m Autonomy. I get to govern myself. You gave me this name. These are the consequences.”

rclane
    Participant

The Athletic sent Fluto to China for the Bruins’ preseason games. What did BSJ do with their hockey guy?

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Was thinking the same thing. Maybe there’s something with him being hospitalized and they want more info?

They signed a guard to a two way contract this week, so they have his potential replacement lined up

NASCL
    Participant

The Athletic sent Fluto to China for the Bruins’ preseason games. What did BSJ do with their hockey guy?

He caught a ride on the Bruins charter so that reduced costs to The Athletic.  I’m sure the NHL picked up the nut on the charter and comped certain media outlets seeing this is a promotional event.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Statement from the team post arraignment is that domestic violence is handled at the league-level so the team is hands-off.

Claude45
    Participant

I like how ESPN is pimping the ‘Marrone hasn’t watched the Super Bowl in 40 years!’ angle like it’s fresh. He already gave you that info in January.

They let him expense his lo mien watching the games from here.

Yahtzee
    Participant

How bad is it that, until last night, I didn’t know Eck had thrown a no hitter?

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

The moss was groomed to perfection, the cheese was easy and the pitches had some hair down there.

jforb
    Participant

Anyone in this room look excited to be there?

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Who has a conference room with randomly placed desk chairs on wheels but no tables?

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Who has a conference room with randomly placed desk chairs on wheels but no tables?

Joe probably squatting in an unfinished office building. Did he leave TJX to kick off this Valuencer nonsense?

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Joe probably squatting in an unfinished office building. Did he leave TJX to kick off this Valuencer nonsense?

I don’t think Joe ever leaves a workplace (or a Panera for that matter) voluntarily.

Participant

Sure it is, sure it is….

Because it’s mine. Every penny I earned went into this. Every recipe is mine. Every inch of decor is mine. Every single thing…. is mine

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Old friend Tyler Seguin gets 8/$78.8 from Dallas. Party time!

The only ones using the hashtag #valuencers are Gill and another account he obviously created called @valuencer. #notviral!

You know his coworkers just barely tolerate him.

“Hey guys! I’m gonna take some pictures for social media. Smile!”

(sighs, grunts eyerolls)

“Come on, guys! Smile!”

“Just take the fucking picture already!”

Hacksaw
    Participant

Anyone in this room look excited to be there?

Way too many people slouching in their chairs. Poor posture means poor valuencers.

Well, at least he’s being honest. He couldn’t be any more transparent.

Feejis
    Participant

Valuencer.

If that word doesn’t make you want to punch someone, there’s something wrong with you.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Transparent. Genuine.  Human.  Even influencer.  These tropes/chichés were already beaten to death by social media “gurus” BEFORE the Bruins’ 2011 Stanley Cup victory parade. I’ve been out of the socialmediasphere for some time, but hasn’t anybody, hasn’t anyguru, come up with an original thought since Tito Francona managed the Red Sox?

Coma
    Participant

Speaking of someone who needs a punch, the Red Sox account tweeted out a gif celebrating 100 wins last night. Adam Jones responded with “*And 46 losses.” I could see a spoiled 13 year thinking that was funny, but what kind of adult thinks that’s an appropriate response, especially when they work in the media covering the local teams.

Transparent. Genuine. Human. Even influencer. These tropes/chichés were already beaten to death by social media “gurus” BEFORE the Bruins’ 2011 Stanley Cup victory parade. I’ve been out of the socialmediasphere for some time, but hasn’t anybody, hasn’t anyguru, come up with an original thought since Tito Francona managed the Red Sox?

It’s no surprise Gill gloms onto social media like it’s a religion. I wonder how many MLMs he’s signed up for.

stabbed by foulke
    Participant

Speaking of someone who needs a punch, the Red Sox account tweeted out a gif celebrating 100 wins last night. Adam Jones responded with “*And 46 losses.” I could see a spoiled 13 year thinking that was funny, but what kind of adult thinks that’s an appropriate response, especially when they work in the media covering the local teams.

JD Martinez has 173 hits. AND MADE 425 OUTS!

Feejis
    Participant

Sharks trade flotsam and jetsam to OTT for Karlsson.

(And some picks that might be 1st rounders)

MIKE!

Lefty

MIKE!

God damned French names.  Is that Henri Flotsam and Marcel Jetsam?

Feejis
    Participant

MIKE!

God damned French names. Is that Henri Flotsam and Marcel Jetsam?

Marion and Anton. They’re Czech.

Lebron
    Participant

Eh, it was before he got traded to the Red Sox, more of an ‘oh yeah, that’s right’ accomplishment than anything.

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

Eh, it was before he got traded to the Red Sox, more of an ‘oh yeah, that’s right’ accomplishment than anything.

Was it before or after his best friend banged his wife sending him into an alcoholic spiral?

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Participant

Valuencer Pack Slap Mags just doesn’t have the same ring to it…..

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Crazy events in the greater Andover del Norte area.  :ohmy

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Doncabesa
    Participant

Crazy events in the greater Andover del Norte area. :ohmy:

Multiple family members with homes that “fuckin blew up!” right near them.  Holy crap

Lebron
    Participant

Geist I thought that Valuencer logo was NAMBLA

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

JD Martinez has 173 hits. AND MADE 425 OUTS!

“You’re absolutely correct, Mazz. he sucks!”

Greek Freak
    Participant

Crazy events in the greater Andover del Norte area. :ohmy:

And to top it off, I heard there have been a shit load of break ins in North Andover.

I really hate people.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar