Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9-14-18 Daily Discussion Thread Did you hear about the Carolinas?

This topic contains 61 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Kingasaurus 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 62 total)
  • Author

chicowalker
    Participant

Posting before I check- if Fatty knows that the bengals have won both of their games by the fairly odd score of 34-23, there has to be some 4 days, 112 miles apart, same score..what a weird time to be alive tripe

mean and not for everyone, North Andover division

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Final day for ol’ Duberstein at this contract gig after a year.  Start a FTE role, with amazing benefits Monday AM.  They started talking about layoffs around here a while ago, and I took my cue.

Anyway, new gig is similar, but non contract and in a slightly different industry.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Onward and upward.  Much like the Bengals to Team X status.

Danny Duberstein
    Participant

Onward and upward. Much like the Bengals to Team X status.

I’ve spent 5 of the last 8 years as contract (and the less said about those 3 perm years the better, that was when my spiral started).  It will be sweet to have a paid fucking holiday for a change.

Yahtzee
    Participant

For obvious reasons, I am thoroughly enjoying this Red Sox season, and I’m not one of those who say it’s all for naught if they don’t win the World Series.  That said, Joe Kelly & Company – Oy.

Lefty

Tired of the annual elevation of Cincy to Team X status, but if that is necessary for someone to knock smug Brother John off his perch after having to listen how dominant they would be following their game against the Bills, so be it.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

Tired of the annual elevation of Cincy to Team X status, but if that is necessary for someone to knock smug Brother John off his perch after having to listen how dominant they would be following their game against the Bills, so be it.

Was in a bar with friends last night and caught some Raven player being carted off in the first quarter but didn’t catch who it was.  Suggs, please?   :rollseyes:

Then watched J. D. Martinez’ oppo home run on replay this morning. That cop is still raising his arms in the bullpen for every Sox HR out that way? Sheesh. Reminds me of this crowd:

Coma
    Participant

It’s almost like there was an advantage to playing against Nathan Peterman, at home.

jforb
    Participant

If I didn’t have a ton of stuff to get done, I’d really enjoy the datacenter being down leaving me with no work that I can actually do right now.

Yahtzee
    Participant

Was in a bar with friends last night and caught some Raven player being carted off in the first quarter but didn’t catch who it was. Suggs, please? :rollseyes:

Then watched J. D. Martinez’ oppo home run on replay this morning. That cop is still raising his arms in the bullpen for every Sox HR out that way? Sheesh. Reminds me of this crowd:

A simpler time, Danny.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

If you can’t spot the Valuencer in your first half hour at the conference table then you ARE the Valuencer.

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Humphrey
    Participant

Onward and upward. Much like the Bengals to Team X status.

Fitting that the first ejection for targeting after the rule changes was “awarded” to a Bengal.

By the way, a Wake Forest guy should have gotten bounced last night. Do colleges review films after games and punish guys?

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  Humphrey.

Participant

Getting a whiff of the ’15 Bills and their 1-0 start from the Jags this week.

It’s the biggest game of Myles Jack’s life according to Myles Jack.

Missed this exchange between Steve Smith Sr Sr and the playmaker last night.

“I understand you got the rings, but I passed years ago statistically…,” Smith said, bringing statistics into his argument. “I got a doctorate in route running. You got an associate’s degree, playa. That’s community college.”

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  02062.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Aikman and Joe B were pumping Jump Ball Joe’s tires pretty good last night….well at least for a while. The 4th down pass where he threw the ball 4 feet away from his receivers feet was vintage Flaco. It’s fucking insane how much money his run-of-the-mill ass made for that playoff run back in 2012. :weei:

Lebron
    Participant

Final day for ol’ Duberstein at this contract gig after a year. Start a FTE role, with amazing benefits Monday AM. They started talking about layoffs around here a while ago, and I took my cue.

Anyway, new gig is similar, but non contract and in a slightly different industry.

Congrats although I’d like to point out that my benefits aren’t amazing, they’re eclectic.

Feejis
    Participant

Getting a whiff of the ’15 Bills and their 1-0 start from the Jags this week.

It’s the biggest game of Myles Jack’s life according to Myles Jack.

Missed this exchange between Steve Smith Sr Sr and the playmaker last night.

“I understand you got the rings, but I passed years ago statistically…,” Smith said, bringing statistics into his argument. “I got a doctorate in route running. You got an associate’s degree, playa. That’s community college.”

I saw that comment by Jack. Uh, did you play in the championship game a couple months ago? This is bigger? Ok.

Lebron
    Participant

I’m not a looks/optics guy normally but I don’t understand why the Celtics are waiting for the league to decide punishment on Jabari Bird.  Nothing prevents you from cutting the guy, just cut his ass.

GusChiggins
    Participant

I’m not a looks/optics guy normally but I don’t understand why the Celtics are waiting for the league to decide punishment on Jabari Bird. Nothing prevents you from cutting the guy, just cut his ass.

In case a high profile player has something similar happen?

Coma
    Participant

It’s too bad the media decided the Mychal Kendricks/insider trading story wasn’t interesting* to follow. It would have been a great opportunity to examine the arbitrary nature of NFL discipline. Kendricks has plead guilty to a crime, but he can still play for Seattle because any discipline from the league under the Personal Conduct Policy still has to go through the appeals process. In addition, Goodell can’t put Kendricks on the exempt list because he didn’t commit a violent crime. That seems like a colossal loophole that should have been noticed before now. No one, not even Kendricks, disputes that he’s guilty, but the NFL can’t suspend him because they’re still conducting their review to see if he did anything wrong.

*Someone mentioned this when the story broke at the end of August, but if it was Amendola or McCourty implicated in this, there would be plenty of speculation about who else was involved. Surely, the culprit must have told his teammates and/or coaches how they could make some easy money. And we’re supposed to believe that the first time the NFL or the Eagles heard about this was last month? Did Goodell and Lurie collude to allow a defensive starter to play the entire season and playoffs even though he was being investigated for a federal crime? Instead, the response can be summed up by NFL Expert Breer’s tweet of  “fascinating” and then everyone moving on.

jforb
    Participant

I’m not a looks/optics guy normally but I don’t understand why the Celtics are waiting for the league to decide punishment on Jabari Bird. Nothing prevents you from cutting the guy, just cut his ass.

Two things I’ve seen:
    They’re close to the luxury tax, if they cut him, they keep the money on the books. Wait and they can void the contract.

If he’s been on suicide watch in the hospital, they may not want to push things right now.

Participant

It’s too bad the media decided the Mychal Kendricks/insider trading story wasn’t interesting* to follow. It would have been a great opportunity to examine the arbitrary nature of NFL discipline. Kendricks has plead guilty to a crime, but he can still play for Seattle because any discipline from the league under the Personal Conduct Policy still has to go through the appeals process. In addition, Goodell can’t put Kendricks on the exempt list because he didn’t commit a violent crime. That seems like a colossal loophole that should have been noticed before now. No one, not even Kendricks, disputes that he’s guilty, but the NFL can’t suspend him because they’re still conducting their review to see if he did anything wrong.

*Someone mentioned this when the story broke at the end of August, but if it was Amendola or McCourty implicated in this, there would be plenty of speculation about who else was involved. Surely, the culprit must have told his teammates and/or coaches how they could make some easy money. And we’re supposed to believe that the first time the NFL or the Eagles heard about this was last month? Did Goodell and Lurie collude to allow a defensive starter to play the entire season and playoffs even though he was being investigated for a federal crime? Instead, the response can be summed up by NFL Expert Breer’s tweet of “fascinating” and then everyone moving on.

“HOW DO YOU THINK THEY FINANCED PATRIOT PLACE TONY?”

Lefty

This is an amazing photo of Rick Flair’s (most recent) wedding:

I don’t know whether to focus on the corpse like appearance of the wrestlers, the fact everyone is looking in a different direction or that amazing fanny pack/pouch thing the guy in the pink suit has going on.   At a wedding.

jforb
    Participant

I’d focus on the second right arm of the guy in pink.

Lebron
    Participant

With Kendricks I’m more surprised Jimmy Haslem didn’t offer him a job at corporate.

Lebron
    Participant

I’m guessing that Michael Hayes.  Probably doubled as the wedding singer and sang “Bad Street, Atlanta GA!” on an endless loop.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar