Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9-14-18 Daily Discussion Thread Did you hear about the Carolinas?

This topic contains 61 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Kingasaurus 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 62 total)
  • Author

“So, our session’s nearly up. We’ve got time for a couple questions. Yes, guy inappropriately wearing a Patriots cap at a business function.”

“Thanks, Bob. I was wondering your thoughts on how people can better valuence their opportunities in the present-day minefield that is social media.”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t quite hear you. ‘What’ our opportunities?”

“Valuence.”

“Come again?”

“Valuence.”

“Oh, I see. You’re doing what you think is a clever portmanteau of ‘value’ and ‘influence’, thinking you can coin some new viral buzzwo…”

“I’m sorry, a clever what?”

“Portmanteau.”

“Come again?”

“Portmanteau.”

“I haven’t heard that one before. What two marketing words is that combining?”

“And… looks like our time is up. Thank you, everybody. “

jforb
    Participant

The hell? Mustache on a dog, arrow through the head, and !!! in a different color.
    There’s a Kaepernick trace job too that even as a simple trace confused me.

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

The hell? Mustache on a dog, arrow through the head, and !!! in a different color.

I show some LJ mouseterpieces to my brother, who has been a professional illustrator his entire adult life. His reaction? “It’s helpful to learn to draw first.”

Big Fat O
    Participant

I’m not a looks/optics guy normally but I don’t understand why the Celtics are waiting for the league to decide punishment on Jabari Bird. Nothing prevents you from cutting the guy, just cut his ass.

Most likely there are league and union rules that they need to follow. I’m sure he would have been gone by now if they could dump him.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Poignant. I never knew that overfishing of bulldogs was such an issue.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

I give this three green recliners and one bowl of orbs on the Larry Johnson Incomprehensibility Scale

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

Gill got somebody to buy into his “valuencer” shit (link). And the two are talking about turning it into a regular “valuencer” podcast. JFC.

Here’s Gill bitching about not getting the domain:

“And if this valuencer thing takes off – I had a meeting last night talking to somebody about it – and of course, I’d love you to be part of it, so we’ll see where it goes. The only thing that sucks is I tried, I thought I’d bought the domain, I thought I did and I guess the thing didn’t go through with my uh domain company, and I didn’t get it. Somebody already bought the thing, which pisses me off no end. But I bought dot net, so at least that’s something. But it’s like, ‘Yeah, you can buy it for $998’, and I’m like no, that’s not fucking happening.”

:lol: :lol:

Kingasaurus
    Participant

The thick black line from the word balloon to the dog’s mouth is a genocidal affront to artistic decency. You either leave it off completely because the balloon has  a white triangle pointing at the dog anyway, or you curve it around so it doesn’t go right through the dog’s face.

Really, you’d just leave it off because the dog is the ONLY THING IN THE IMAGE. Is anyone really thinking the “Wuf!” would be coming from some invisible man or some character off-screen?

How can he not know this, or just not care enough to even think about it? Every new cartoon is just a new confusing, dust-bunny abomination.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Can you call LJ a professional if he’s only gets paid in 5 lb bags of sugar?

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

valuencer is a perfectly cromulent word.

“But if you want, we can just kinda make this just be organic, the first one, see how it goes. Um, and I guess I need your help with the editing and shit, because you’re probably way better than I am on that. It doesn’t have to be like fucking Oscar-award-winning, but just something that’s presentable. I’m kinda more of a raw vs. refined anyway, but just to have an intro and shit on there, you know what I mean.”

:lol: :lol:

Please please let this become a regular podcast.

chicowalker
    Participant

wait, he made that word up? :lol: I thought it might have just been whatever bullshit corporate lingo du jour he latched on to.

I’d love to sit in on a meeting where someone with a straightforward business- plumbing company- potentially hires Gill to valueence (sp?)

Asshole- I do 800k net a year, I want to get that to a million.  How will you make it happen, and so help me god if you use one of those stupid fucking terms…

chicowalker
    Participant

launching a new show potentially called Valuencers Unite

:lol: :ohmy: I think I just shit myself

Form of…bottomless jalapeno poppers!

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Someone here is cybersquatting on Joe’s domain? #mantears of laughter.  :lol:

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

jforb
    Participant

The funny thing is it could be a pretty good word for the people who do actual work instead of the buzzword bingo crowd he looks up to and is using it for.

Participant

valuencer is a perfectly cromulent word.

No idea why but I read that in Reilly Martin’s voice.

chicowalker
    Participant

Valuencers…there’s a #focusgroup at Gillette for select season ticket holders, and we weren’t invited! Are we going to cry #mantears or are we going to do something about it?

Let’s go!

Oh hello Mr. Gill, valuencers…yes, of course, as many pens and key chains as you’d like!

So Joe’s talking to the guy about how he envisions the poscast, and there’s this moment where I think the guy has the revelation that Joe’s a moron:

ZS: “OK, so, and, yeah.”

JG: “Yeah, you can just fuck around with it, whenev… I mean, I trust your, you know, your skillset and shit so, when you have time, you can just kinda polish it up, so see how it goes…”

Hacksaw
    Participant

This is an amazing photo of Rick Flair’s (most recent) wedding:

I don’t know whether to focus on the corpse like appearance of the wrestlers, the fact everyone is looking in a different direction or that amazing fanny pack/pouch thing the guy in the pink suit has going on. At a wedding.

The Rock’s mom is in red.

“So we gonna do these together and then you’re gonna splice them up?”

No, Joe, it doesn’t seem like the Zack Scriven Podcast is familiar with the term, “post-production”.

chicowalker
    Participant
    Valuencers! Mount up!

[Joe G:]
    It was a monday or a tuesday in the afternoon
    Joey G was on the couch, trying to consume
    Some tacos for late lunch, grubhub app
    They’ll be here in 30, time to take a nap

[Mrs. Gill:]
    Twelve hour shift, all on my feet
    My reward is to go home to Joey  G
    Watching old Bruins games on TV
    Have to make sure that our baby eats

[Joey G:]
    So I switch the game from Fortnite to halo
    Tweens talking smack so I say “Fine, let’s go!”
    I load my clip, and said “What’s up?”
    Here wifey pulling in so I said “I’m stuck.”

[mrs. Gill:]
    Walk in the house fucker’s got the nerve
    To ask me what time dinner’s being served
    Before I wring his neck have to find my child
    When I’m done on his ass Imma go buckwild

I’m wicked stahved, had to turn off my game
    I can’t believe she’s being so lame
    She cut my funds, we never had sex
    I looked at my wife and said “Damn, what’s next?”

The motherfucker don’t work and the house a mess
    He actually wants me to wear a Bruins dress
    If it wasn’t for the kid I’d go back to Laos
    Let him find another mail order spouse

She yellin’ all kinds of stuff
    I think I’m going down
    I can’t believe this happening in #titletown
    If I had skills I would work
    Let me think a bit
    I glanced at Linkedin and came up with this shit

100k in the bank, lawyer on the phone
    Mrs. Gill ’bout to leave this man-child alone
    Now he’s crying and yelling
    Doesn’t make no sense
    Make your own fucking money trying to valuence

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

“So we gonna do these together and then you’re gonna splice them up?”

No, Joe, it doesn’t seem like the Zack Scriven Podcast is familiar with the term, “post-production”.

You think we could book “Brian from New Hampshire” as a special guest?

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Can you call LJ a professional if he’s only gets paid in 5 lb bags of sugar?

Both money and sugar have something Mike Francesa calls ‘fungibility.’ So yes.

He got a fucking copyright for the word!!!  :lol:   :lol:

ZS: “Joe, what is a valuencer, for those that don’t know?”

JG: “Well, it, I I I think it’s someone, that, you know, brings val… you know, leads by with value, right? Rather than influence in about following? Do you know what I mean? I just think that so many people are hung up on how many followers they get, or how many views their video gets – sometimes I get caught up in that trap – but it’s about the value bring. If you make an impact on one person, that’s all that really matters. I think that’s what this platform is all about, and why I really love it so much. Um, but yeah, like I said, it’s being transparent, genuine, human. Right, like Q, I told you, like Q kinda inspired the whole thing. ‘Cuz he’s like ‘There’s so many titles, people think you’re guru or influencer, this’, and I go, ‘How about you’re just a valuencer, man? You just bring value.’ I mean, it’s pretty simple, right? Um, so that’s how I came up with the idea. I actually copywrote the word. Going through the U.S. Patent. Taking, you know, taking three months to do, whatever. But yeah, everybody’s like, ‘You gotta copyright it, you gotta do stuff with it”, and I’m trying, Zack, and we’ll see how it goes.”
    I for one can’t wait for the “platform” to be released.

Participant

“You play in the NFL, all I have to do is say, ‘sources say.’ I don’t have to quote anybody, I don’t have to say any names. You just have to say sources.” Jason McCourty.  :lol:

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar