Advertisements

Forums Forums Sports Media Discussion Daily Discussion Threads 9/15-16/2018 Weekend Thread

This topic contains 53 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Humphrey 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 54 total)
  • Author

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Journey to Jacksonville

Fred West Lynn
    Participant

Sox lost to Mets! Robby Ross is the new Joe Kelly! David Price never wins in post-season! Yankees are hot! Can I get my post-season ticket money back?!?

Previewing today’s HotTakes.

jforb
    Participant

Jaws no longer just a movie

Humphrey
    Participant

Sox lost to Mets! Robby Ross is the new Joe Kelly! David Price never wins in post-season! Yankees are hot! Can I get my post-season ticket money back?!?

YES (known affectionately by some as Al-Yankzeera) proclaimed the Yanks the team to beat now that Judge can pinch run and play the field.

Humphrey
    Participant

So Nebraska lost to the Trojans. No surprise, until I found out the Trojans were Troy, not USC.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Josh Gordon to be cut or traded or something. Cleveland signaling that he’d be available or else they’ll release him on Monday.

Canadian Soldier
    Participant

YES (known affectionately by some as Al-Yankzeera) proclaimed the Yanks the team to beat now that Judge can pinch run and play the field.

Plus, “Judge is the Yankees’ team leader even though he’s only a sophomore” now. O’Brien is a shill, but YES is like an entire brothel.

Coma
    Participant

Something I was pondering while awaiting the most important game in Jacksonville Jaguars history: I always enjoy reading about the latest awful opinion from the local media, but I’ve noticed a trend on other boards and in the twitter replies. Take Felger and Mazz going after Van Noy for no reason. The majority of the responses are along the lines of “WTF is wrong with these guys?” but there is always someone who says “By calling attention to it, you’re giving them what they want: More attention.”

I’m not sure if these people honestly believe this or if they are just being killjoys, but what people post on message boards or on twitter is really making a difference for a radio show, TV show or writer. I can’t imagine Jim Murray saying something dumb and inflammatory and feeling like he’s accomplished something because there’s a 3 page thread about it on Patsfans or SOSH. How does that help them? He’s already said it. People already watched or listened to the show. Does discussing it afterwards make any difference?

I know the old Stern saying that people who hate your show will listen more than the people who enjoy it (or something like that), but that was pre-internet. If I’m not listening to Bertrand, Orwayd, or Felger, I can still find out what they’ve said without tuning in. I just don’t see the point in not addressing it or pretending it didn’t happen when one of the mediots does something worth criticizing.

Big Fat O
    Participant

I think the Felger JV team like Murray, jones, Johnston would care more about what message boards have to say than Felger or Mazz.

Felger, Mazz and the whole station have found negativity sells. Felger has spent the last 6 months twisting anything from Brady or B.B. into controversy. I don’t think the 2 of them care what anyone has to say until the ratings drop.

Major Intangibles
    Participant

Nothing will be saved. All will be lost. And our new onion-headed sad emoticon is unable to convey the depth of that loss. -10/22/25 (sic) Daily Thread

GreatWhiteDhale
    Participant

The Steelers sucking this year is going to be great. Hopefully they can work in a QB controversy to top things off.

Come back, Regular Brian.

My agenda is truth.

Gimp
    Participant

Vrabel has built himself quite a boiler there in Tennessee.

To be fair, were I to live at all near Hattie B’s Hot Chicken, I’d weigh 300lbs.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

Is Vrabel wearing a tent? Jesus, eat a salad.

Lefty

It only took one and a half games for Tannehill to get Amendola killed.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

INT and fumble by Jets lead to two MIA TDs. 14-0.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

The play by play guy throwing shade at Te’o – what a jackass.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Breer coming up with Diabeetle. What are the odds he has one original thought. Smart money is on none.

Breer coming up with Diabeetle. What are the odds he has one original thought. Smart money is on none.

“Well, Marc, they’ll either re-sign Britt or they won’t. And it could happen this week, sometime in the future, or maybe not at all. It bears watching.”

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

This Pitt-KC game is something else. Reid vs. Tomlin. Who ever fucks up less in the final 2 minutes will win :lol:

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

So Mahomes appears to be legitimately good. If the Jets had drafted him instead of Adams and not fucked him up, they wouldn’t have had to move up for Darnold and could have had the #6 overall pick and 3 additional 2nd round picks in 2018.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

Stevan Ridley sighting!

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

So Mahomes appears to be legitimately good. If the Jets had drafted him instead of Adams and not fucked him up, they wouldn’t have had to move up for Darnold and could have had the #6 overall pick and 3 additional 2nd round picks in 2018.

The Jets would have fucked him up. They will also fuck up Darnold.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

The Browns kicker just kicked himself out of a job in record time.

Miserable Fellow
    Participant

The Roughing call on board favorite Clay Matthews that negated the clinching INT was pretty farcical.

rclane
    Participant

The Eagles’ radio announcers were openly mocking Fitzmagic at the start of the game, apparently forgetting that their shitty quarterback caught lightning in a bottle to win the Soupey last year. On the plus side, they seem to think once Wentz is back (maybe next week) it’ll be just time to PTT. I’ve never seen such optimism from more miserable pieces of shit. I hope they go 1-15.

rclane
    Participant

Nice discipline, Steelers.  :lol:

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I take it it’s hot in Jacksonville today? Jax getting the better of the Pats so far :ozzy:

NASCL
    Participant

Vontae Davis put on his street clothes, left the stadium and quit the Bills at halftime.

Smart guy, actually.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Has Dick Wolf made a show that had more than 3 letters in its name?

I take it it’s hot in Jacksonville today? Jax getting the better of the Pats so far :ozzy:

Assuming the balls were checked indoors (so between say 68° and 74°F), per the Ideal Gas Law the balls should be over regulation today.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

PlayStation getting his touches

Coma
    Participant

The Roughing call on board favorite Clay Matthews that negated the clinching INT was pretty farcical.

That’s 2 weeks in a row that a RTP by Matthews has wiped out a game clinching play.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

If they are daring Bortles to beat them he’s doing a pretty good job of it so far  :ozzy:

Kingasaurus
    Participant

If they are daring Bortles to beat them he’s doing a pretty good job of it. :ozzy:

They’re losing the LOS on both sides of the ball. Still time to turn it around.

Nashua Dad
    Participant

When have they looked good in Florida in the first month of the season?

Big Fat O
    Participant

It looks like this isn’t our week. Oh well.

Nance is positively giddy. I hate that Morher F’er.

Brian
    Participant

Will you ever spell his name correctly?? :lol:   :lol:

Big Fat O
    Participant

Will you ever spell his name correctly?? 😆 😆

No he doesn’t deserve it.

Gimp
    Participant

Gilmore has had another great game.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

jforb
    Participant

Hideous spot on that review

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

Fat lady = sing

Kingasaurus
    Participant

Played like shit.

Start over on Tuesday.

Laszlo Panaflex
    Participant

I’ll admit that I don’t watch that many JAX games but based upon the last few I’ve watched Blake Bortles is far better than Andrew Luck

Nashua Dad
    Participant

He’s not wrong about Clayborn.

Big Fat O
    Participant

I hope Nance is enjoying himself today. This doesn’t happen too often.

So BB is suppose to sit in front of the likes of Breer and TBH and be nice after his team got whipped.

First Gill makes a BSMW comeback and now here’s George Cain with his old chestnut, “the game has passed Belichick by”:

Wish I could find the article Cain wrote like seven years ago with the same hot take.

Big Fat O
    Participant

Cain falls right into the Felger and Mazz demographic where every game is the Super Bowl. One loss it’s over.

Found the Cain article (here), which he wrote five years ago today. Some gems:

• Belichick is now 61 years old, pretty much at the age or above the age when it begins to go south for all great coaches.
    • Then we come to the utterly laughable Wes Welker decision, which by week two has already become one of the stupidest personnel moves in franchise history since letting Michael Haynes walk.
    • Talk about the ultimate I told you so. The Patriots go on the cheap for one of their best receivers ever and the heir apparent, oft-injured Danny Amendola tears his hip or groin in Week One.
    •  I also loved when Curran tried to spin the Patriot lie that Welker wouldn’t come here for anything less than $8 million a year. Well guess what, even for $8 million, he’s a bargain compared to what they have now.
    • Bruce Allen, a supposed media watchdog, does a great job of playing to the egos of people like Curran by linking their stories and drawing traffic to their shows and columns. Allen, who besides his website writes for Patriots Pro Football Weekly, is the ultimate hypocrite. He’s one of the all-time biggest Patriot homers and condemns anyone who disagrees with him claiming that they have a bias or an angle. In fact Allen is more biased than anyone and runs a forum of media haters that constantly attack everyone in the media who have the temerity to be objective on any team in the New England area.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar